Comments

Comments
    Pinface Posted 4 years 1 month ago

Saw this movie in theaters when i was 4 with Little Shop of Horrors, Lady and The Tramp 1986 re-issue, and Star Trek 4. Awesome movie and i also enjoyed the sequel.
    marcxander Posted 4 years 2 months ago
    " great movie very warm and brillant" WOW
    foxkidsfan Posted 4 years 11 months ago
    I recently watched this on dvd in december. It had charm and great songs like the memorable Somewhere Out There by James Horner. Also the Voice acting is fantastic most of the characters are very likeable. The cast includes Phillip Glasser, Christopher Plummer, the late Dom Deluise and the late Madeline kahn. In conclusion it was a really moving experience.
    foxkidsfan Posted 5 years 26 days ago
    I want to watch this film, I wanted to as a kid but I never got the chance to get it on VHS. So this evening I am going to go onto Youtube and watch the film from start to finish.
    Zyoura Posted 5 years 2 months ago
    This was one of my favorite movies as a kid. Watched it a lot on video tape.
    CeciliaFett Posted 5 years 3 months ago
    "When I'd watch it as a kid, my mom would bawl when the one girl mouse sang the song (sorry for the vagueness, it's been forever!)"

You mean Tanya, Fievel's older sister. Its funny, everyone remembers Tanyas role in the song, but its a duet between both siblings. The "pop" version of the song was really popular for years, but its kinda...awkward. The movie version is about two siblings desire for their family to be reunited again, but the pop version is about a couple in love.

And IMO, "Dreams to Dreams" has NOTHING on "Somewhere, Out There". "Dreams to Dreams" was way better as a brief instrumental near the end of the first movie.
    Trueblue94 Posted 5 years 6 months ago
    I love this movie ^.^ We had a Christmas ornament of Bernard from The Rescuers, and my mom actually thought it was Feivel! O_o I don't see ANY similarities between the two!
    MissHolly Posted 5 years 8 months ago
    i
    kels0rly Posted 5 years 11 months ago
    scrymusic Posted 6 years 8 days ago
    OK... This was one of the crappiest movies ever to come outta the eighties..

Don Bluth's absolute, best movie ever was the Secret of Nimh.. Everybody knows it.. end of story!
    cindy42981 Posted 6 years 5 months ago
    Loved this movie! that song still makes me wanna cry! somewhere out there =-)
    MBdigital Posted 7 years 2 months ago
    This just aired on HBO Family, now the sequel just finished airing.
    rnorred06 Posted 7 years 8 months ago
    This movie came out the year I was born. Classic! I loved this movie as a kid & I still do today!
    pocomouse Posted 8 years 1 month ago
    I agree, totally the best animated film!!! I also still have my Fieval doll (though no ones allowed to play with him)
    90s chick Posted 8 years 1 month ago
    The best kids movie of all time!!!!! I still have my Fivel doll that I got when I was three! My kids play with it now!!
    *Some where out there someones saying a prayer
    that we'll find one another in that big somewhere out there*
    Makes me want to cry!
    datura Posted 8 years 3 months ago
    This is sort of "Maus" (by Art Spiegelman) for kiddies
    MysticalChicken Posted 8 years 10 months ago
    Oh, and also "There are nooooo cats in Am-er-i-ca!"
    MysticalChicken Posted 8 years 10 months ago
    I remember this as being the first movie I ever saw in theaters (I was six or seven)--it may not have actually been the first, but it's the one I remember. For at least an hour afterwards I was talking like the characters in the movie ("Papa, are we going to McDonalds?";) and singing that Somewhere Out There song ad nauseum at school.
    kimsy520 Posted 8 years 11 months ago
    I loved this movie :)
    Skeletor Posted 9 years 1 month ago
    Oh please! This movie wishes it could be the land before time!
    Simpfan83 Posted 9 years 2 months ago