Comments

Comments
    diamonds Posted 5 years 5 months ago
    I loved this as a kid. It realyl needs a DVD release. Whoever has the rights, hurry up!
    Motchakotcha Posted 6 years 24 days ago
    I really liked this film when i was a kid but over the years i forgot about the movie except for one aspect, the monster in quarry part. For some reason that was indelibly imprinted on my brain and after searching on google with the key words 'monster' 'infilled quarry' i found it and have since watched it on youtube. RESULT!!!
    Nasser Posted 6 years 10 months ago
    Hey Beazles,

if you think the movie was cool, how about searching for the location of the film for several years only to stumble upon it! Yes thats right, I finally managed to locate the actual spot ( the pond quarry) where the film was made. I have been going there ever since. I guess people who have not grown up watching the film will not understand the connection. But being there at the location was really surreal. The water is still the same green yellow colour, its really creepy. The wind mill is no longer there - shame and not sure if the truck is still at the bottom. If you would like to know more email me: [email protected]
    Beazles Posted 6 years 10 months ago
    God i loved this film. I was 5 when it came out and it was filmed at Wood's Point, east of Melbourne which is very close to where i grew up, so this movie was always a childhood favourite of mine.

Recently i have discovered that somebody has uploaded the whole movie in 11 parts on YouTube so i have been able to watch it again for the first time in 15 years and even today it doesnt seem outdated. And its weird watching it and seeing faces that are still on Australian TV screens to this day. Apparently Henry Thomas was almost 15 when he made this film? Doesnt look a day over 12.

For those wanting to get their hands on a copy there is a free torrent online which i was able to download via Limewire, so its pretty easy to still get your hands on it. I have been very happy to get mine.
    killface Posted 7 years 6 months ago
    This was one of those movies I had mum rent for me over and again several times.
    DoctorDecepticon Posted 7 years 7 months ago
    Check this out.

DoctorDecepticon Posted 7 years 9 months ago
    YES! You are correct! The kid thought it was a dinosaur or monster, but it turned out to be an old crane stuck in the swamp. I think he somehow ended up stuck in its bucket. When it was getting ready to sink back under the water either the townspeople or his family found and rescued him and, mystery solved!
    diggidy28 Posted 8 years 3 days ago
    HOLY CRAP! I remember this movie as a kid. I could never find it and I thought I was going crazy. I remember it as the Quest, but the "Frog Dreaming" title explains it now. Man, I need to find this. I think I was 5 or 6 when I watched this, because all I can visualize is a part when the monster comes out of the water. I thought it was a crane or something.