Comments

Comments
    Goofball Posted 7 months 15 days ago
    I recently tried watching this movie again to give it another chance. About the first ten minutes of it are good, but then Jar Jar makes his first appearance, and then I have to turn it off.
    199478q29 Posted 3 years 1 month ago
    Not s good as the early Star Wars but its alright but hey Jar Jar was a funny carector.
    JSLOVESYOU Posted 3 years 2 months ago
    Jar Jar Binks Rocks In This Movie!
    American Jedi Posted 3 years 4 months ago
    Why would the "Trade Federation" be against trade??

Thanks for taking a giant shit in all of our mouths George!! =)
    woodymcwoodpecker Posted 3 years 5 months ago
    This and Attack of the Clones are the worst.
    Benjanime Posted 3 years 5 months ago
    "are you an angel?"

that right there is an example of the movie's mediocre dialogue
    DJZoSo Posted 3 years 8 months ago
    Oh man I remember how excited i was too see this, but i had to sit in a cold theater listening to aliens talking politics, until that last fight with darth maul was bad ass
    JTurner Posted 3 years 11 months ago
    That said, I WILL admit that STAR WARS EPISODE III was the best of the prequels. ATTACK OF THE CLONES (which is actually my least favorite STAR WARS movie), sadly wasn't as good, due to the slowgoing story and cheesy love story, but the Yoda-Dooku duel was worthwhile. PHANTOM MENACE isn't terrible, but it is very flawed and was too hyped up for its own good.
    JTurner Posted 3 years 11 months ago
    I'm 50-50 about this prequel. It's good for the most part, but as most people said, Jar Jar Binks was too overused (I think he could've been funnier if his role was toned down). The kid playing Anakin wasn't all that great either. Even so, the climactic lightsaber duel between Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, and Darth Maul, is a real highlight, as is the Pod Race.
    cykill1000 Posted 4 years 11 months ago
    Yup, Darth Maul was the man and being wiped out in such a chump manner sort of sucks. I just wish they could've destroyed Jar-Jar in such a quick and destructive manner.
    uncleted Posted 4 years 11 months ago
    damn its been 10 years!!!!!!!!! even now these film stil lare a slap in the face! i'll stick to the real films!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    benton gold Posted 4 years 11 months ago
    BOOOOOOOO!
    King93 Posted 4 years 11 months ago
    It was a pretty good film.
    dmillr23 Posted 5 years 18 days ago
    I have to agree. Darth Maul was pretty sick. Should have lived much longer. And Jar Jar sucks!!!
    chakotay3054 Posted 5 years 3 months ago
    too bad Darth Maul was killed in the first movie he should have lived until the second movie at least, he was the coolest Sith ever even better than Vader. Obi Wan took out Maul with a trick
    MissHolly Posted 5 years 3 months ago
    jar jar binks should be executed by a firing squad. i am a HUGE star wars fan, probably the biggest nerd in my school but really? jar jar... my liking for liam neeson went down after seeing him appear in a movie with... jar jar binks. as with all the other great actors, natalie portman and obi wan man... why the @$#% cant i remember his name??????
    roblinb Posted 5 years 7 months ago
    The beginning was cool, but the whole Jar Jar thing and the LAME romance between a 9-year old Anakin and a 14-year old (she didn't look 14, either) was plain awful. Darth Maul didn't have enough screen time, either! This movie wasn't horrible, but it could have been a lot better.
    StarWarsFan746 Posted 5 years 8 months ago
    Not the best Star Wars movie.
    copper30 Posted 5 years 10 months ago
    Jar Jar Binks should've kept his ass shut and then the movie would've been incredible.
    Mezase Master Posted 5 years 11 months ago
    Let's try spinning! That's a good trick!

WHOA!
    steveo3 Posted 6 years 1 month ago
    i like the old movies better but this did help us learn more about all the characters.
    adog3001 Posted 6 years 3 months ago
    I honestly must say..I enjoyed the entire SW franchise. Im only 21, so I may not be able to appreciate the quality of the first three releases as opposed to the prequels. I must say that the sequels (first releases) were quite awesome, especially for its time. I also really really enjoyed episodes 1-3 as well (maybe because I'm only 21). But you gotta admit, even though you may have not enjoyed the prequels (those who hated them), it did explain the origins of the sequels the best way possible. Its not as if this was based off of a comic or game and was a cheesy rip-off.
    stpaulgangster Posted 6 years 3 months ago
    I hate this film of the Star Wars saga. Same with Episode II
    Hodger_99 Posted 6 years 4 months ago
    The Kid and Jar Jar killed the flick!!!
    ToxicCherry420 Posted 6 years 6 months ago
    I skipped school with my parents too see this haha
    RetroToon Posted 7 years 1 month ago
    Well at the time this movie was... interesting, as it was so much different from the original trilogy. But the prequels that followed got better as Anakin got to be more involved and they slowly showed signs of the original Star Wars coming into formation.

Episode I was okay for the first prequel, but now with the other ones Episode III is really the best.
    dabattousai Posted 7 years 2 months ago
    Episode II with a lot of action scenes? I can only remember the colisseum battle....

Episode I is my favorite out of the prequals because of the scenery being so light. I also liked Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan's fights in this movie.

I find it hilarious how all the vehicles are high tech in the pre-quals while the vehicles in the original are old and crummy looking XD

A Droid Auto-Lifter on the Naboo Fighting compared to a vaccuum sucking up the Droids to place them into the X-Wing.
    maquis Posted 7 years 2 months ago
    I liked episode 3 the best out of the new movies
    maxo64 Posted 7 years 4 months ago
    this movie was good but i still like Clone Wars episode 2 better because it had a hella action scenes
    SpiderHam Posted 7 years 5 months ago
    No movie could never live to the hype that the fanboys and media gave this movie. People whine about acting are ones cannot act to begin with . SO just watch the movie enjoy it relax and may the Schwartz be with you
    CenturyNEXT Posted 7 years 7 months ago
    We were the first in line to watch this when it first came out. We were so excited to watch it. How dissapointing... well, it wasn't a total loss. I did enjoy the Jedi scenes, and visually, the movie was stunning. But you can't sell eye candy with a bad story and equally bad actors. Still, the Jedi scenes kicked @ss.
    Way too much hype for what it turned out to be though.
    Nostalgiascape Posted 7 years 7 months ago
    Man I remember the hype, and all the people waiting in long lines at Metro Center in Phoenix on opening day to see this movie.
    TV1985 Posted 7 years 7 months ago
    I remember when I saw Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace in theaters back in 1999.

One thing I haven't done yet is watch all six of the Star Wars movies (or nine if you choose to start with the original and best versions of the Star Wars Trilogy) all at once.
    SquidMan93 Posted 7 years 7 months ago
    Star Wars movies from best to worst in my opinion:
    The Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, A New Hope, The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, Revenge of the Sith.
    KRW Posted 7 years 10 months ago
    George Lucas is a racist cracker. Hence the jar-jar controversy. Also, jar-jar is not funny, HE'S GAY!!!
    mr3urious Posted 8 years 1 month ago
    The best part was the pod racing.
    SHNAG Posted 8 years 3 months ago
    "Annie" was annoying as hell, though, i suppose since he was a kid he was protrayed to be annoying, really annoying.

At least he grew up quickly.

Jar jar would have been forgiveable if he was killed during the opening credits of Epsiod II, which i was hoping for.

Oh well, at least i can kill his friend in Battlefront 2.

Overall though, it was a pretty good movie.
    SquidMan93 Posted 8 years 4 months ago
    I like Jar Jar, too!
    TV1985 Posted 8 years 4 months ago
    After seeing the entire Star Wars Prequil Trilogy, I too also like Jar-Jar Binx.
    EarthwormJim_Guhroovy Posted 8 years 5 months ago
    I'm probably one of the only people in the world who likes Jar-Jar Binks.
    TV1985 Posted 8 years 5 months ago
    There was a rumor that George Lucas originally wanted Leonardo DiCaprio to have the acting role of Anakin Skywalker in both Episodes II & III. But since Leo was busy working with Steven Spielberg's movie Catch Me If You Can, George gave the role to Hayden Christiansen.
    TV1985 Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    I remember it was a week after I finished middle school (8th Grade) and went to see Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace in theaters. It was nice seeing something new for a Star Wars movie. I also enjoyed seeing Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones and Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith in theaters, too.

But for the older Star Wars fans (like me), nothing beats the original and best versions of Star Wars: A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi. The versions that we remember watching in the late 80s and early 90s. Before George Lucas released the Special Edition versions in 1997.
    M4LKAL Posted 8 years 8 months ago
    Movie was horrible and George Lucas should give us all an apology for making something so bad have any relation with the original three which were fantastic.
    Trashley Posted 8 years 11 months ago
    Hah yeah. It's an alright movie, but it's worst out of all of them.
    MatthewSlade Posted 8 years 11 months ago