Comments

Comments
    arizvega Posted 1 year 11 months ago
    Man this movie used too scared me when i was little....
    199478q29 Posted 3 years 2 days ago
    I grew up watching The freddy movies they where epic although I find them kinda forgetabule I dont know why? stil they where awesome.
    starwars80 Posted 3 years 2 months ago
    They just dont make anymore good movies ....today it sucks ,thats why I still got all my classics movies they only time I play my scary classic movies its on Holloween only .
    Rob_Lo Posted 3 years 6 months ago
    One of the most original horror films EVER. A true classic.
    palmer10 Posted 3 years 6 months ago
    One of the best horror movies ever...easily top 2.
    since97 Posted 3 years 9 months ago
    i love robert englund
    FallOutBoy Posted 4 years 5 months ago
    I saw the remake today, and ive gotta say, its actually quite good, i love the original, but, its just not scary anymore, its about time it had a re-inventing! Jackie Earl Hayley's Freddy does have some getting used to, but, i think he pulled it off, He's not as tall as Robert Englund, Hayley's character, is smaller, but seems more fierce and more like a monster than Englunds camp and jokey night stalker. I do like Englund's preformence of Freddy, but, admit it, besides the exception of 1,3 and 7, Freddy has had some pretty camp preformances....
    barringer82 Posted 4 years 6 months ago
    Coco Posted 4 years 7 months ago
    FAV MOVIE EVER HANDS DOWN
    ZombieDoo Posted 4 years 8 months ago
    THE BEST MOVIE EVER MADE PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!
    Robert Long Posted 4 years 9 months ago
    Is there any classic 80's horror film that hasn't been raped the past few years?

PolishedCoffin Posted 5 years 1 month ago
    I think its extremely pathetic that this is getting remade, but that's hollywood for you.
    Kain316 Posted 5 years 1 month ago
    This movie scared the shit out of me when i was a kid.
    benton gold Posted 5 years 2 months ago
    One of the best horror movies ever made.
    steelnuts Posted 5 years 4 months ago
    you cant watch the movie on here
    Galactusgirl Posted 5 years 4 months ago
    I like this one out of all the Nightmare on Elm Streets.
    cutieconnie16 Posted 5 years 4 months ago
    this is my favorite part out of all of the sequels
    marioman360 Posted 5 years 7 months ago
    This is my favorite movie ever but, ironically, i more often was saying "AWESOME!!!" than hiding my head under a couch pillow.

PS. Freddy is 100x more awesome than Jason.
    FallOutBoy Posted 5 years 7 months ago
    the most terrorfiying in the series
    Galactusgirl Posted 5 years 7 months ago
    Fredd Kreugger is a classic symbol of horror.
    mulletrocker Posted 5 years 8 months ago
    This was the first and the best Nightmare movie. Original idea and at the time scary as hell. I remember being so afraid to fall asleep and having nightmares about Freddy. When you have nightmares about a horror movie then you know it is good. They do not make movie horror guys like they did back in the day... Freddy, Michael Myers, and Jason. Classic slashers!!!
    CheifBrody Posted 5 years 9 months ago
    This was the Nightmare that started it all and the best Nightmare on Elm Street there is. Well that rule applies to any movie franchise. What I mean the first film is always the better movie. Let's face it the first Nightmare was better becasue the idea was fresh. Guy who makes a razor glove and calls himself Fred Kruger. Wes Craven really tapped into something when he wrote the film and shot it. I loved the movie so much I got the original 1984 poster.
    Backfromthedead Posted 6 years 2 months ago
    i love this movie because i love getting scared
    stpaulgangster Posted 6 years 3 months ago
    Ya sorry oldgamesrbetter last year Rob Zombie did Halloween.

Next year Friday The 13TH. Jason is the killer.

Now this!
    boolovesyou Posted 6 years 4 months ago
    This movie still freaks me out!
    vittycent09 Posted 6 years 6 months ago
    SIGN THE NO REMAKE PETITION FOR ROBERT FOR HEATHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Mamizay Posted 6 years 6 months ago
    I loved the Nightmare on Elm St movies! Even when I was very young. They used to give me nightmares, but I still watched them over and over almost every day.
    ravenanddragon Posted 6 years 8 months ago
    This is a excellent horror movie for any die hard horror movie fan. Freddy gave me nightmares for weeks.
    oldgamesrbetter Posted 6 years 8 months ago
    mother.. fuck.. I heard today that they are remaking this movie without robert englund. STOP WITH THE REMAKES
    vittycent09 Posted 6 years 9 months ago
    I LOVE THIS MOVIE ITS AWESOME AND I LOVE HEATHER LANGENKAMP!!!!!!!!!!!=]
    Tom800 Posted 6 years 10 months ago
    One truly classic of 80´s horror. Craven´s "A Nightmare On Elm Street" was a giant step forward in the horror-genre and added some interesting sort of fantasy to the slasher-flicks. That´s why the other "Nightmare"-movies are a bit more entertaining than - for example - the "Friday The 13th"-movies.
    kerfootb Posted 6 years 11 months ago
    Gotta love that Freddy Krueger!
    blackdeathstar13 Posted 7 years 7 days ago
    This One Was Okay,i like it a little less then the sequels.
    ek88ss Posted 7 years 5 months ago
    favorite! =D
    ricolatino21 Posted 7 years 5 months ago
    A true classic. They don't make movies like this today.
    TechnoSammy Posted 7 years 6 months ago
    They don't make movies like this anymore because no one has the imagination to make anything original.
    The movie is great, and Robert Englund will forever be one of the greatest actors in horror movie cinema.
    jarsmom1020 Posted 7 years 6 months ago
    Johnny depp was soo hot in this movie!
    fistoflegend Posted 7 years 6 months ago
    One of my favorite movies ever!
    verno Posted 7 years 7 months ago
    that is one kl movie
    HoneyBrown1976 Posted 7 years 7 months ago
    The best of the Elm Street series hands down
    Ilovethe90s_09 Posted 7 years 8 months ago
    Nightmare On Elm Street is just a great movie. Why don't they make movies like this anymore? This movie is a thriller for your mind.
    sewage Posted 8 years 12 days ago
    I love this movie.... it's so scary but I always find myself laughing at the scene Depp dies. Awesome to watch on Halloween... the sequels are mad gruesome.
    Forgotten sin Posted 8 years 1 month ago
    i didn't find this one at the least scary, and i'm usually afraid of alot of things. this one however, nope. not one time did i find it scary.

that doesen't take away the fact that it was an awesome movie. i've been starting to get into the freddy films, and this one was good nontheless. even if it really didn't scare me.

maybe becuase i'm 21 and getting into horror might explain it.
    shiroihikari Posted 8 years 5 months ago
    My parents wouldn't let me watch this when I was a kid, so I didn't see it until recently. Honestly I didn't think it was that scary myself, but I can see why somebody might get freaked out.

I think the concept of a dream murderer is cool, though.
    HoneyBrown1976 Posted 8 years 7 months ago
    love this one, hated part two, loved three, four is okay.

pretty much sums up the series for me (I omitted the others for obvious reasons)
    Units1019 Posted 8 years 8 months ago
    Also, my cousins and I all got so desensitized by these movies. Our families would not allow us to watch the Simpsons, yet rated R movies were fine (go figure). Once he develop the sense of humor, to us these movies gaves us some of the biggest laughs as a kid.
    Units1019 Posted 8 years 8 months ago
    Love it and loved the fact that Freddy had a sense of humor in the later movies(which are good in their own right). The best horror villain IMO.
    80sGuru Posted 8 years 9 months ago
    Actually, A Nightmare on Elm Street and ANOES 2 were the best, the rest were parodies of horror, nothing scary or surprising in them, until we get to Wes Craven's New Nightmare, which was back to the not so funny freddy. I loved the concept of Freddy coming out of the movie world and attacking the actress who btw is playing herself in the movie. Anyway, this film started it all, and look for an early appearance by Johnny Depp as one of the "cool" friends, i think Nancy's best friend actually.
    martincommrad Posted 9 years 1 month ago
    Although many people charge that the "nightmare" movies following this one suck, I can safely say that the producers ensured the idea’s survival with stories that subtly fleshed out aspects and characteristics of Freddy and Springwood. Like TV shows, movies that generate several sequels, and aren't trilogies, can sometimes evoke a life of their own. After "Wes Craven's New Nightmare" carelessly killed the validity of all it predecessors, Springwood kinda become its own, unique actually town.
    Phantasmagoria_3D Posted 9 years 1 month ago
    actually, h8bumblebee, the third one and "Wes Craven's New Nightmare" were also very good!
    h8bumblebee Posted 9 years 1 month ago
    One of the Best Horror movies ever made!! To bad the rest of the sequels SUCKED!!!!
    Phantasmagoria_3D Posted 9 years 1 month ago
    I have this movie in 'The Nightmare on Elm Street' DVD collection, which is quite rare to find nowadays. It's one of the most scariest films I've EVER seen!! Nevertheless, it IS a very good horror flick and is guaranteed to keep you up all night! It was followed by seven sequels, but none (except for "Wes Craven's New Nightmare";) proved to be as scary. Robert Englund did a very good job at portraying the Springwood slasher, himself!
    martincommrad Posted 9 years 1 month ago
    1, 2 Freddy's coming for you.
    3, 4 Better lock your door.
    5, 6 Grab your crucifix
    7, 8 Better stay up late.
    9,10 Never sleep again.

Now how can you possibly come up another haunting cinematic nursery rhyme that can up that?
    imissem Posted 9 years 2 months ago