Comments

Comments
    199478q29 Posted 2 years 8 months ago
    Pure classic i loved this movie as a kid but when i was little never understood the plot but i am older now so i do now & i have the original 1988 UNCUT ET. VHS tape its awesome i am shocked at how much swearing was in this movie yet again though its PG for a reason haaaaaa & the cut censored version without the swearing was not that good but at least it was family friendly i love this movie Steven keep making movies your a great director.
    thebeatgoeson Posted 3 years 1 month ago
    The part when the older kid finds E.T. down by the creek and the part where the mom grabs Elliot off the bathroom floor and E.T. lets out that screech always scared the crap out of me when I was a kid. Come to think of it, there were a lot of creepy parts to this movie that still give me the chills.
    narcinsart Posted 3 years 2 months ago
    Even more creepy than the ET was when the people in white suits took the boy away! I think that's why I hate white walls, white sheets etc.
    DuckMichael Posted 3 years 3 months ago
    I loved ET; its sad in the end when he leaves Elliot. The best thing is... THE RIDE at Universal Studios Florida.
    MunchCream Posted 3 years 5 months ago
    A big piece of 80's culture!!
    Caps 2.0 Posted 3 years 6 months ago
    I find it interesting that it took almost 6 years to be released on VHS, and an additional 3 years to make its' premiere on broadcast television. This is one of my favorite 80s movies. John Williams' score was amazing.
    foxfan Posted 3 years 9 months ago
    sara spunda sara spunda sara spunda sara spund
    Mariorules Posted 3 years 11 months ago
    Epic movie, Completely stupid and worthless video game.
    Nesysli Posted 4 years 9 months ago
    This was freakin weird!
    pplumber Posted 4 years 11 months ago
    i always was jelous of thier bmx bikes....they where cool!!!
    Mikey_Mouth_N_Chunk Posted 4 years 11 months ago
    I have only one question for the screenwriters of this classic: How does an entire family not know that there are government agents covering up their house and preparing to invade over the discovery and custody of E.T.? Don't ya think the neighbors would have noticed and tipped the family off? Other than that, it's a movie to end all alien creature - come to earth movies with a warm storyline about the wildest dreams of a young boy.
    Zyoura Posted 4 years 11 months ago
    Every time I hear the theme song to this movie I feel all warm and nostalgic. It's one of my top favorite movies.
    starwars80 Posted 5 years 2 months ago
    well' E.T. is always going to be around...iv had seen this movie over 50 time....it just takes me back to thouse years....god" how time flys by so fast! another thing the actor henry thomes....hes from san antonio tx. now thats my home city..thats wild....huhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    sam960708 Posted 5 years 5 months ago
    et used to scare me. now hes alwsome
    MissHolly Posted 5 years 5 months ago
    i love this movie so much. the bike scene at the end... i could watch it over and over and over and over...
    TV1985 Posted 5 years 9 months ago
    Here is a trailer of E.T. that is not posted here at RetroJunk. Well, actually it's a preview of E.T. on VHS from 1996. But I think it's trailer worthy.

trollman1212 Posted 5 years 10 months ago
    ok et is cool .
    Little_cupcake Posted 6 years 19 days ago
    Good movie!That alien is so cute^^.But is it realy 1982?Thats old!O_o
    TinyNietzchePose Posted 6 years 27 days ago
    omgz! this movie is one of my all time favorites!! i love the original, i hate that new remastered version.....why did they take the guns away at the end?? ugh! it totally stole intensity from the situation!

still, though..its an awesome movie; definitely one of the most touching tales about friendship ever
    backfromthefuture Posted 6 years 1 month ago
    this movie made me cry.its such a good movie......................BUT THE GAME IS BALLS
    boolovesyou Posted 6 years 4 months ago
    E.T. phone home!
    afterneath72 Posted 6 years 5 months ago
    Ok, I know this is going to sound strange, but when I saw this movie at the movie theater at age 10, I was recovering from the flu. When ET got sicker and Elliot got sicker, it made me feel more ill as well. The combination of the flu sickness and the sadness I felt when this happened in the movie, it made it a really strange experience. It's still a great movie, though.
    ricolatino21 Posted 6 years 6 months ago
    Perfect movie, horrible horrible horrible game
    Hoogs Posted 6 years 11 months ago
    Blackshadow, I agree with everything you said. ET still makes appearances in my nightmares from time to time.
    Rose8361 Posted 7 years 1 month ago
    I first saw this movie at a drive-in my hometown had. I dont remember being scared of it. I loved this movie then and still love it! I own the 20th Anniversary edition DVD. I have seen the newer one with "touch-ups" that Speilberg had added but still prefer the original!
    Characteristics Posted 7 years 3 months ago
    I watched this movie in the theatres when it came out, I was like 3 years old and I remember watching it!!, this movie was one of the most touching movies and as a kid I loved it!! and still love it!
    TV1985 Posted 7 years 4 months ago
    The first time I saw E.T. I thought the Reeses Pieces were M&M's. Especially when the man with the seaching squad picked one off the ground and ate it.

To this day I still love Reeses Pieces.
    oldnickfan Posted 7 years 4 months ago
    I love this movie!!! Oh, all the people who were scared of E.T.: Steven Spielburg actually asked M&M's to have their candy in the movie (Not Reeses Pieces) but M&M thought E.T. would scare kids!(I guess they were sorta right), but Reeses Pieces sales tripled after the movie got made...
    rnorred06 Posted 7 years 5 months ago
    This movie scared the hell out of me when I was little! Every time when E.T. would yell or something I would run away from the TV. I use to have nightmares almost every night when I was little, like one for example was when a million E.T.'s were chasing after me. God I hated that movie when I was little! it ruined my dreams! I'm almost 21 now & I haven't tried to watch this movie again since I was around 5 or so.
    verno Posted 7 years 6 months ago
    it scared me with allthe people in space suites that scared the hell out of me
    80s90sboy87 Posted 7 years 7 months ago
    CLASSIC!..the dvd that I own has the old and new version...the newer one is funny with all the CGI
    Blackshadow Posted 7 years 11 months ago
    This was a great movie and all, but ET FREAKED ME OUT. Seriously, that thing gave me nightmares and still does. When they find ET by the river...*shudders* a scene permanently engraved in my brain...
    shiroihikari Posted 8 years 4 months ago
    I wouldn't mind watching this again sometime just to re-evaluate it, but I hated it when I was a kid and I still don't like it now. And...replacing guns with walkie-talkies? Geez. Is that the only version available on DVD? Because that sounds retarded.
    EarthwormJim_Guhroovy Posted 8 years 7 months ago
    I love ET. If I had the money I'd buy a lifesize replica of the ET puppet. Unfortunatly, they are $800 on Ebay. :
    TV1985 Posted 8 years 9 months ago
    I love the trailer to E.T.
    kimsy520 Posted 8 years 9 months ago
    ET is a classic, I'll give you that, but still a normal movie.
    Phantasmagoria_3D Posted 8 years 9 months ago
    This movie was very touching and memorable. Heck, i admit that I almost cry every time I see the scene where the alien dies (but is revived, luckily) I hated when Steven Spielberg re-released it and messed it up by taking out the guns and replacing them with walky-talkys! That was plain stupid and unrealistic!
    M4LKAL Posted 8 years 10 months ago
    I admit it, I still tear up when I see it. I know I am a sap.
    TV1985 Posted 9 years 14 days ago
    For a movie that isn't done by Disney or isn't part of a trilogy, or part of a movie saga, I have to say that E.T. is my favorite movie of all time.

The reason E.T. is my favorite movie of all time is because I enjoy watching it every time I see it. Weather if it's on TV, or if I'm watching it on video tape, or watching it on DVD.

-To Steven Spielberg: Thank you for making this timeless movie.
    -To the cast members of E.T.: You all did well with your actings with E.T.
    Hailey Posted 9 years 28 days ago
    If that thing landed at my house, I'd just kill it and go on with my life!
    Trashley Posted 9 years 1 month ago
    Aw you can't say E.T. sucks. You just can't. I love E.T.

"Elllliotttt..."
    MatthewSlade Posted 9 years 1 month ago
    This movie sux dunno why but ALIEN could kick ET's ass!!