Comments

Comments
    dark_ether Posted 3 years 3 months ago
    Was introduced to this flick in the 80s by my sis who was obsessed with Bowie. Have to thank her. It is so odd and eccentric I love it to this day and fear the Bog of Eternal Stench!!!
    MarshmallowNoise Posted 3 years 4 months ago
    I really love this movie and have the DVD. Jareth (David Bowie) was/is my first crush and I've always been a huge fan of Jim Henson and the muppets.
    Lepew Posted 3 years 7 months ago
    Should had won some Oscars.
    hiall Posted 3 years 8 months ago
    im just a faan of this movie i wonder where to find it now?
    LOL785 Posted 3 years 11 months ago
    David Bowie and his huge, uh, thing
    TowerJunkie Posted 3 years 11 months ago
    Awesome. Jim Hensons creations, Jennifer Garner( i think) and David Bowie in lavender tights wiht a potato stuffed in them, stealin Babies. Good soundtrack too. You remind me of the babe.....
    Clockwork_Carousel Posted 4 years 7 days ago
    Cult Classic! It made me love David Bowie even more!
    PrincessAngel Posted 4 years 3 months ago
    It scares me too, but for some reason I find it a classic!!! I think because of the acting in it, who knows?? =)))
    perri_k Posted 4 years 8 months ago
    I just bought this on DVD
    kasiegraham Posted 4 years 9 months ago
    this movie kinda scares me. i thinkits cuz the flamingos taking thier heads off lol! or whatever they are!
    darkwing_duck34 Posted 4 years 10 months ago
    This movie turned my mind into crap My sister and I would always argue over who got Jareth.
    scooby2 Posted 4 years 10 months ago
    classic seen this movie when i was 7 years old in 1991 on disney channel
    pinklady2393 Posted 4 years 11 months ago
    This movie scared the crap out of me. But i love the little worm haha
    DMAX Posted 5 years 1 month ago
    This movie will always be one of my favorits hands down.
    Nails105 Posted 5 years 2 months ago
    Awesome movie. Bowie is the bomb!
    bowiefangirl Posted 5 years 2 months ago
    I love this movie ^_^ It always has been and always will be
    Kimber8002 Posted 5 years 5 months ago
    this is one of my all time favorite movies!
    stevt1 Posted 5 years 6 months ago
    What a trippy movie to watch as a kid. I freaked out the first time I saw David Bowie walking up those sideways stairs. Hail Crom!
    MissHolly Posted 5 years 7 months ago
    HAHA AWESOMENESS!
    DMAX Posted 5 years 10 months ago
    This is one of my favorit movies and still the begining scairs me a little bit.
    icemike2007 Posted 5 years 10 months ago
    this movie im going to watch right now i was only 4 years old when i first seen it damn im old now just time flys when having fun.
    TV1985 Posted 5 years 11 months ago
    Here is a rare TV Spot of Jim Henson's/George Lucas's movie; Labyrinth.

I think it should be added to Labyrinth's trailer list.
    CGxSMASH Posted 5 years 11 months ago
    "I'm just a worm." god i love him ♥
    CGxSMASH Posted 5 years 11 months ago
    this is like my 2nd favorite movie of all time. it's absolutely brilliant & i harrass people alot b/c when i meet someone, i always ask them if they've seen it lol
    OVC Posted 6 years 1 month ago
    This is my wife's favorite movie. Got it twice on DVD (original releas and anniversary edition). Plus she has the original soundtrack release.
    Shepard of Suburbia Posted 6 years 2 months ago
    This is AN AWESOME MOVIE. Jim Henson is the man, George Lucas is the man, and David Bowie is the man. I can't believe this movie was a failure at Box Office.
    Chibii Posted 6 years 2 months ago
    the funny thing about this movie was that it wasn't really a labyrinth it was a maze. and many people don't know the difference between a labyrinth and a maze.
    a labyrinth is somthing used for meditation, and a maze is more of a puzzle.
    carlyB Posted 6 years 5 months ago
    just bought it on dvd at the local supermarket, how random.
    ursa81 Posted 6 years 5 months ago
    one of the best fantasy films ever! remember the little worm?
    MTLBiceps Posted 6 years 8 months ago
    Another great 80's classic! I have so many memories of watching this one when I was growing up... The bog of eternal stench!!! Classic!
    Angela_McCaskill Posted 6 years 9 months ago
    I loved this movie and after seeing David Bowie in those tight pants I never looked at him qute the same after that!
    AlleneKirac Posted 6 years 9 months ago
    watch full movies anime tv and cartoons at http://www.tvokay.com it is free for you to stream and download......check it out
    1543
    Maira562 Posted 7 years 6 days ago
    I love this movie. I own it and I never get tired of watching it.
    Blueroc85 Posted 7 years 25 days ago
    I have the movie and the soundtrack! My favorite is near the end when David Bowie (Jareth) sings "Everything I've done I've Done For You!" I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who loves this movie!
    jennafreak Posted 7 years 1 month ago

"hey, her head dont come off"- forest creature
    "of corse it doesnt!"-sara
    .....
    "take off her ear!"-forest creature #1
    "you dont need two ears!"-forest creature #2
    AnimatedBritney Posted 7 years 4 months ago
    I love when she dances with the Goblin King in this movie. The Goblins are so cute!

"Did you just say 'hello'?"- Sarah

"No, I said 'ello', but that's close enough."- the worm
    DeLoreanlover Posted 7 years 4 months ago
    This is one of my favorite all time 80's flix..David Bowie is amazing and the music is perfect. I definetly have the movie on VHS w/the original cover, the DVD, and the soundtrack...it always takes me back to the best decade EVER!
    DMoney89 Posted 7 years 5 months ago
    HOLY shit I remember this movie...
    redhead01 Posted 7 years 6 months ago
    This movie is so creative. I love it.
    verno Posted 7 years 7 months ago
    Bowie, David Lyrics - Magic Dance Lyrics

Artist: Bowie, David Lyrics
    Song: Magic Dance Lyrics
    You remind me of the baby
    What baby? the baby with the power
    What power? power of voodoo
    Who do? you do
    Do what? remind me of the baby

I saw my baby, crying hard as babe could cry
    What could I do?
    My baby's love had gone
    And left my baby blue
    Nobody knew:

CHORUS
    What kind of magic spell to use?
    Slime and snails
    Or puppy dogs' tails
    Thunder or lightning
    Then baby said
    Dance magic, dance (dance magic, dance)
    Dance magic, dance (dance magic, dance)
    Put that baby spell on me
    Jump magic, jump (jump magic, jump)
    Jump magic, jump (jump magic, jump)
    Put that magic jump on me
    Slap that baby, make him free

I saw my baby, trying hard as babe could try
    What could I do?
    My baby's fun had gone
    And left my baby blue
    Nobody knew

CHORUS

Dance magic, dance (dance magic, dance) (x4)
    Jump magic, jump (jump magic, jump) (x2)

Put that baby spell on me (ooh)

You remind me of the baby
    What baby? the baby with the power
    What power? power of voodoo
    Who do? you do
    Do what? remind me of the baby

Dance magic, dance, ooh ooh ooh
    Dance magic, dance magic, ooh ooh ooh
    Dance magic

What kind of magic spell to use?
    Slime and snails
    Or puppy dogs' tails
    Thunder or lightning
    Something frightening

Dance magic, dance
    Dance magic, dance
    Put that baby spell on me
    Jump magic, jump
    Jump magic, jump
    Put that magic jump on me
    Slap that baby make him free
    Dance magic, dance (dance magic, dance)
    Dance magic, dance (dance magic, dance)
    Dance magic, dance (dance magic, dance)
    Dance magic, dance (dance magic, dance)
    Jump magic, jump (jump magic, jump)
    Jump magic, jump
    Put that magic jump on me
    Slap that baby

Dance magic, dance (dance magic, dance)
    Dance magic, dance (dance magic, dance)
    Dance magic, dance
    Slap that slap that baby make him free
    Dance magic, dance (dance magic, dance) (repeat ad-lib)
    you got to love it
    sailor_moon_girl Posted 7 years 7 months ago
    awesome movie own it
    dysaniac Posted 7 years 8 months ago
    Definately in my top 5. In '91 (Grade 7) a friend & I were obsessed with this movie and could recite the entire thing. Even now when playing the movie I find it hard not to lip sync. It's pure escapism and I love it!
    jarsmom1020 Posted 7 years 8 months ago
    BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!!!!!!!! gOBblen king gOBblen king take this child away from me... I was a little girl bak then and I knew david Bowie was the man for me!
    AiCLC Posted 7 years 8 months ago
    I remember watching this in the theater, then on video with my friends. we always loved seeing David Bowie in his tights ;)
    dagnarusfan Posted 7 years 8 months ago
    I grew up on this movie. It became my life, I wanted to be Sarah (still do sometimes). Now my little girl is growing up on it and I couldnt be happier:)
    PrincessTana Posted 7 years 8 months ago
    This is my favorite show of all time. I still love it, songs and all. David Bowie was great in the movie!! *goes out to buy the dvd which i didn't know it was on*
    Melanie85 Posted 7 years 9 months ago
    I use to be so scared of this movie... i love it now... got it on dvd ::drolls::
    bronzechica77 Posted 7 years 9 months ago
    The voodoo song was the best and David Bowie scared the crap out of me! Of course I was only like 8 when it first came out. Great movie.
    iloverant Posted 7 years 10 months ago
    Excellent movie. Loved it as a child.. love it as an almost grownup.
    TV1985 Posted 7 years 11 months ago
    I know someone who is a big Fraggle Rock and Muppets fan, and she has never saw Labyrinth, The Dark Crystal, or the television series The StoryTeller. I just know that she will be in for a treat. Especially for Labyrinth.
    fragglerocker1020 Posted 7 years 11 months ago
    you remind of the babe...

what babe?

babe with the power...

what power?

power vodoo..

who do?

you do..

do what?

remind of the babe...

This movie rocks...
    sendyjade Posted 8 years 1 month ago
    don't feel too bad i've stopped at 900 times i love this movie!!!!!!!!
    freakazoid Posted 8 years 3 months ago
    This is such a great movie!! I was playing cards with my parents yesterday when my sister put the movie in...
    I was singing every song... :)

I got it on DVD and watched the making of the movie. There was a guy behind Bowie juggling those balls... Yes, that was the jugglers hand.

Wonderfull movie!
    lainy2k Posted 8 years 4 months ago
    I think I am among some of you when I say I know every bit of this movie by heart, start to finish! The best thing about this movie is the minie stories and conflicts of each group of goblins she meets... the knockers arguing is hysterical and the Doors (one of us always tells the truth and one of us always lies) genius!!! But my personal fav would have to be Sir Ditamus (the cute fiesty dog who will "fight anyone anywhere anytime, ruff ruff ruff...) LMAO tooo freakin' cute... Long live the Labyrinth!!!!!!!!!!
    BYERE Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    It does make me wonder how long it took David Bowie to learn to Contact Juggle (thanks for the name of that Elisa)... it would be wonderful to learn to do that... highly impressive.

I love this film, even now after watching it for years on end. *would like a BIG plushie of Ludo* ^.^
    Deleted Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    I just started watching this movie maybe a few months ago but I LOVE it! its really awesome

P.S. 90s chick......If you haven't already found it, I got my Labyrinth DVD at Wal-Mart so if you haven't looked there you may like to try. (and the crystal ball thing is called Contact Juggling ^_^)
    90s chick Posted 8 years 7 months ago
    I loved this movie soo soo much!!! I am trying to find it on dvd. It scared the crap out of me too, but I could not stop watching it as a kid! I would rewind and play over and over!! I love that crystal ball thing! AWSOME!!!
    Owepar Posted 8 years 7 months ago
    The best take on "Alice in Wonderland" ever committed to film!

Okay, kiddies, I'm not trying to promote drug use but I was a dumb kid... I'd already known this movie by heart (a personal fave), but I wound up watching it with some friends around 15 years ago and we were all on LSD. The film was suddenly really something to behold, it was hilariously funny, and when the Chilly Gang started throwing their heads around, it was hysterically freaky! Everytime I talk to a girl who was there, I always say, "Hey lady! You're not supposed to throw other people's heads -- you're only allowed to throw your own head!"
    TV1985 Posted 8 years 8 months ago
    June 27th, 1986 was the day when Labyrinth was released into theaters. On June 27th, 2006, I'll be celebrating it's 20th Anniversay.
    takineko Posted 8 years 8 months ago
    Awsome movie.
    I too saw Mirror Mask recently which was also pretty incredible! I think Labrinth is much more memorable, Mirror Mask was more grown up I think, it was darker too, but I think Labrinth has more lovable and memorable characters.
    Rhimmer Posted 8 years 9 months ago
    I liked when he sang the song about Magic.
    EarthwormJim_Guhroovy Posted 8 years 9 months ago
    This is one of my all-time favorite movies. David Bowie was excellent and the goblins and creatures were incredible-looking (Ludo was always my favorite). I think this film has more magic and imagination than all the Harry Potter films combined.
    TV1985 Posted 8 years 9 months ago
    I recently watched the movie of "MirrorMask." Which was created and written by Neil Gaiman. And was made by the same creators who helped with "The Dark Crystal," "Labyrinth," and the tv series of "The StoryTeller" with Jim Henson.

I would recomend "MirrorMask."
    shorty spice Posted 8 years 9 months ago
    I'm listening to the soundtrack right now. I LOVE LABYRINTH. I used to beg my mom to rent it all the time. Then like in the late 90's I was like "I wonder if that's out so I can buy it." And once I found it I fell in love with it all over again. Such a great movie!!!
    TV1985 Posted 8 years 10 months ago
    I found a website where they have pictures of the last few years or so about a Labyrinth Masquerade.

Here is the website link to what I'm talking about...

www.labyrinthmasquerade.com

...Enjoy your visit.
    MysticalChicken Posted 8 years 10 months ago
    I saw this movie when I was in, I think second grade. I remember being absolutely petrified of David Bowie's character (I love Bowie's music now, though). Also the only part that I remember was the part where the fairy bit the chick.
    fyne_nubian Posted 8 years 10 months ago
    Awesome movie!! Love David Bowie, I bought this movie for my kids and they also loved it!
    TV1985 Posted 8 years 11 months ago
    Here's some movie trivia. The actor of Sarah's father in Labyrinth was the same person who acted as Zev Senesca (Rogue Two) from The Empire Strikes Back. "Echo Base. This is Rouge Two. I found them. Repeat, I found them." That actor was Christopher Malcolm. If you already knew about that, your good at keeping up with movie trivia. If not, you've just learned some new movie trivia.
    Gorbash Posted 8 years 11 months ago
    A childhood favorite, the puppetry was amazing, you don't get it as real as that as none very little was CG. "Dance, magic Dance!"
    Ri-chan, Jedi Knight Posted 9 years 13 days ago
    This was a great movie on imagination and creativity. Like "The NeverEnding Story," this movie was a definite stand out in it's uniqueness and originality.
    Trashley Posted 9 years 3 months ago
    One of the few movies I have on DVD. It's great. If you haven't seen it you should check it for right away. Great music too.
    kaleb1979 Posted 9 years 3 months ago
    Bowie was styling in those tight pants. Classic movie.
    Plecostomus Posted 9 years 3 months ago
    An excellent fairy tale. Maybe more for the younger generation, but perhaps still meaningful to most of the older generations.
    Chupi Posted 9 years 3 months ago
    Really excellent movie. I didn't hear about it until 1998 or so, but when I did I went out and rented it. I was very impressed... and now I have a VHS copy. (I NEED A DVD COPY! :D)
    TV1985 Posted 9 years 4 months ago
    I think that Jim Henson: Creator of The Muppets and George Lucas: Creator of Star Wars and the legendary rock star David Bowie did very well with this movie.

I knew at first that Jim Henson did this movie. The second time I saw it was on HBO a long time ago then I said... "Hey! George Lucas did this?! Cool!" Because I didn't see the beginning credits the first time I watched it.

-To Jim Henson... R.I.P.
    -To George Lucas... Good Job with the whole Star Wars saga. Hopefully we'll be seeing Star Wars Episode VII-IX someday.
    -To David Bowie... Rock On, Dude!
    SnapesMistress Posted 9 years 4 months ago