• avatar
    • 10 years 30 days ago
    • Posts: 1699
    ... here's what it would have:

    - A kickass theme song. Awesome lyrics and a rockin' beat are musts.

    - A great action figure line, made by Hasbro (which bought out Kenner, the greatest toy company in history).

    - A video game (only for Gamecube and Game Boy Advance. Let's have some brand loyalty here, unlike, say, Squaresoft, which wouldn't be around if it weren't for Nintendo).

    - A debut special (one hour episode) on a Friday night.

    - New episodes airing on Saturday mornings.

    - Toy commercials during Saturday morning cartoons which feature kids playing with the toys and making their own sound effects and voices.

    - A Marvel comic book.

    - Its own cereal. Not just a promotion with like Rice Krispies or something, but a completely new cereal. Like C-3PO's.

    - A Christmas Special, with snow in it. Not just a Christmas-themed regular episode (I'm looking at you, Fairly Oddparents!), but a one hour special. I cannot stress this enough.

    - A float with costumed versions of the characters in the Thanksgiving Day parade.

    - And of course all the other merchandising crap like shampoo and lunchboxes.

    Feel free to add anything to the list, but I think I've covered the important things... :D
    Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
    • avatar
      • 10 years 30 days ago
      • Posts: 211
      I think Sealab 2021 is a good example of a new cartoon made by some retro junkies.

      The creators obviously grew up watching the same old cheesy toons we did and decided to make a show for our generation.
      " I still function! "
      - Megatron
      Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
      • avatar
        • 10 years 30 days ago
        • Posts: 1699
        I really meant Retro Junkies (note the capitalisation) as in the denizens of this forum. The stuff on the list is what we talk about endlessly, or complain about being missing from cartoons these days.

        The stuff I remember more than cartoons and toys themselves is the advertising and peripheral junk like video games and comics. I mean, I can hardly remember the plot to any of the original TMNT episodes, but I can describe at least 10 comic book ads for TMNT products at the drop of a hat.
        Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
          • 10 years 29 days ago
          • Posts: 1553
          • Account Disabled
          And we'd still be on here complaining that its horrible compared to the old cartoons. :roll:
          Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
          • avatar
            • 10 years 29 days ago
            • Posts: 2796
            Jason43 wrote:
            And we'd still be on here complaining that its horrible compared to the old cartoons. :roll:


            As great of an idea as it is I have to agree with Jason..

            IMHO nothing tops the Sat morn toons of the late 70's and 80's.
            Ker click... Choom..
            Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
              • 7 years 2 months ago
              • Posts: 282
              • Globally Banned
              Well I've been thinking more on the lines of taking a new crappy cartoon of today & turn it into something funny by editing the animation to your liking in photoshop & make many new sound effects and make cool music that REALLY is cool.
              Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                • 7 years 2 months ago
                • Posts: 2472
                • Account Disabled
                the90sruled wrote:
                Well I've been thinking more on the lines of taking a new crappy cartoon of today & turn it into something funny by editing the animation to your liking in photoshop & make many new sound effects and make cool music that REALLY is cool.


                holy shit....necrobump much? Straight outta '05! :shock:

                *edit: ...and I was about to question Daniel's sanity, until I realized the makeup of RJ back then was completely different from what it is today.
                Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                • avatar
                  • 7 years 2 months ago
                  • Posts: 7013
                  nippy wrote:
                  the90sruled wrote:
                  Well I've been thinking more on the lines of taking a new crappy cartoon of today & turn it into something funny by editing the animation to your liking in photoshop & make many new sound effects and make cool music that REALLY is cool.


                  holy shit....necrobump much? Straight outta '05! :shock:

                  *edit: ...and I was about to question Daniel's sanity, until I realized the makeup of RJ back then was completely different from what it is today.


                  Home Run baby! Nippy hit that right out of the park!
                  The Eldorado is dead. Long live the Eldorado.
                  Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                    • 7 years 2 months ago
                    • Posts: 2472
                    • Account Disabled
                    eddstarr88 wrote:
                    nippy wrote:
                    the90sruled wrote:
                    Well I've been thinking more on the lines of taking a new crappy cartoon of today & turn it into something funny by editing the animation to your liking in photoshop & make many new sound effects and make cool music that REALLY is cool.


                    holy shit....necrobump much? Straight outta '05! :shock:

                    *edit: ...and I was about to question Daniel's sanity, until I realized the makeup of RJ back then was completely different from what it is today.


                    Home Run baby! Nippy hit that right out of the park!


                    It's really too bad we don't have the account creation dates on everybody's profiles anymore...you'd be able to see who has been here since back then (of course, my original account is still banned by Edymnion due to 'hiding behind the Legion'...glad those days are behind us. :lol: )
                    Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                    • avatar
                      • 7 years 2 months ago
                      • Posts: 3411
                      • Forum Admin
                      • Editor
                      • Category Admin
                      Nippy got it right. Due to necro-bumping, this thread will be locked.
                      Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                      Search
                      Users Online