• 7 years 4 months ago
    • Posts: 2942
    i am also a diehard fan, but how do you prove yourself over the internet haha. thats like trying to teach a retarded kid calculus
    Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
      • 7 years 4 months ago
      • Posts: 1
      The Beatles are the best rock/pop group of all time! They started it all, they still have as much popularity as they did when they first came to us in America. I wasnt alive back then but there are no other musical talents better than these guys. I recommend to buy Paul Mcartney's newest album released on the Starbucks label. It is a master piece that has touches of The Beatles style as well as Pauls own style that holds its own in todays crappy music industry, it is phenominal. May George Harrison and John Lennon rest in Peace, and long live The Beatles!!:)
      Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
        • 7 years 4 months ago
        • Posts: 709
        The Beatles would dominate modern music if they debuted today.

        The Beatles were probably one of my first favorite groups. It is impossible to ignore, everyone (or nearly everyone) has heard of them.
        All of this Political Correctness junk is going to turn me into a modern day Archie Bunker before I turn 30.
        Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
          • 7 years 4 months ago
          • Posts: 2638
          • Account Disabled
          I'm one album away from having all their 1965 - 1970 stuff on vinyl. I just need Yesterday and Today now. It's a great record, it collects up stuff from the UK versions of Rubber Soul and Revolver. And as many know that's the one that originaly had the butcher photo on the cover.
          Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
            • 7 years 4 months ago
            • Posts: 1088
            Correct me if Im wrong I know we all know Paul George Ring and John and as well Pete Best but I cant remember who the other member of the Beatles was at one point. And didnt Ringo replace Best or was it the other guy? And which one left the band while they were in Germany to get married and which one had the brain anyuresm?
            I Want An Emo Lawn So It Can Cut Itself
            Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
              • 7 years 4 months ago
              • Posts: 2638
              • Account Disabled
              TheGreatShow wrote:
              Correct me if Im wrong I know we all know Paul George Ring and John and as well Pete Best but I cant remember who the other member of the Beatles was at one point. And didnt Ringo replace Best or was it the other guy? And which one left the band while they were in Germany to get married and which one had the brain anyuresm?


              Both the same guy, Stewart Stucliffe.

              Ringo replaced Pete Best, the Beatles wanted him in. Beatles producer George Martin wasn't sure about Pete or Ringo's drumming skills and had a session drummer called Andy White come in to play on Love Me Do. As it turned out a version of Love Me Do with Ringo became the first Beatles single and the Andy White version was on the first UK Beatles album. A take with Pete Best is on Anthology 1. As it turns out, to my ears anyway, Pete Best isn't a bad drummer, but he wasn't a good fit for the Beatles sound.

              The Beatles breifly played with another drummer in 1964 for some of their Scandanavia and Australian shows, Jimmy Nichol while Ringo was having his tonsils removed. Ringo caught up with the band in Australia to resume his duties.

              Look on e-bay for the out of print Goodtimes video Fun with the Fab Four, it's got footage of Jimmy with the group and Pete Best on the game show What's My Line.
              Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                • 7 years 3 months ago
                • Posts: 266
                h0mersimpson wrote:
                yea, the beetles are good, but what the hell is with that song, "revolution number nine"


                It's called "Experemental Noise" there are entire radio shows devoted to it!

                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UkbNlTAIPI
                or look at clips like this, I have to explain to half the idiots what it is and where it came from!
                Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                  • 7 years 3 months ago
                  • Posts: 2638
                  • Account Disabled
                  Hailey wrote:
                  It's called "Experemental Noise" there are entire radio shows devoted to it!


                  And also three John Lennon solo albums and a Paul McCartney solo project called The Fireman.
                  Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                    • 7 years 3 months ago
                    • Posts: 266
                    Funky Guy wrote:
                    And also three John Lennon solo albums and a Paul McCartney solo project called The Fireman.


                    I learned about Experimental noise music radio shows, when my sister was working for her college's radio station!
                    Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                      • 7 years 3 months ago
                      • Posts: 217
                      Speaking of "Revolution 9", I loved it even at first listen. It's so different and I like where it's placed (next to last song. Perfect). I love when artists show their avant-garde side.

                      Has anyone heard this track backwards? It's even creepier. http://youtube.com/watch?v=PG0wksBzKSc
                      Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                        • 7 years 3 months ago
                        • Posts: 2638
                        • Account Disabled
                        I agree Old Nick, I liked Revolution Number 9 right away too. New things pop out at me every time I play it. The UK mono version of the White Album has an interesting alternate mix.

                        If you haven't heard it already check out What's the New Maryjane on Anthology 3, it's a bit more song oriented but the second half is another psychadelic audio collage.

                        Neat story there, Hailey. In case you want to know more about the stuff I mentioned,

                        John Lennon's first three solo albums were collaborations with Yoko Ono and are like album length versions of Revolution Number 9. The titles are Two Virgins (Unfinished Music Volume One) from 1968, Life with the Lions (Unfinished Music Volume Two) from 1969 and Wedding Album also from 1969.

                        Also George Harrison did an experiemental electronic album called Electonic Sound. It was a collaboartion with keyboard based duo Beaver and Krause.

                        Beaver and Krause were two California based session men who were early specialists in electronic music. Paul Beaver did session work on the second Doors album, Strange Days. Bernard Krause worked on the film score to Apocalypse Now in 1979 along with several other electronic musicians including former Frank Zappa and the Mothers keyboard player Don Preston.
                        Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                          • 7 years 3 months ago
                          • Posts: 266
                          Funky Guy wrote:
                          I agree Old Nick, I liked Revolution Number 9 right away too. New things pop out at me every time I play it. The UK mono version of the White Album has an interesting alternate mix.

                          If you haven't heard it already check out What's the New Maryjane on Anthology 3, it's a bit more song oriented but the second half is another psychadelic audio collage.

                          Neat story there, Hailey. In case you want to know more about the stuff I mentioned,

                          John Lennon's first three solo albums were collaborations with Yoko Ono and are like album length versions of Revolution Number 9. The titles are Two Virgins (Unfinished Music Volume One) from 1968, Life with the Lions (Unfinished Music Volume Two) from 1969 and Wedding Album also from 1969.

                          Also George Harrison did an experiemental electronic album called Electonic Sound. It was a collaboartion with keyboard based duo Beaver and Krause.

                          Beaver and Krause were two California based session men who were early specialists in electronic music. Paul Beaver did session work on the second Doors album, Strange Days. Bearnard Krause worked on the film score to Apocalypse Now in 1979 along with several other electronic musicians including former Frank Zappa and the Mothers keyboard player Don Preston.


                          Yes, everyone should know stuff like like this!
                          Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                            • 7 years 3 months ago
                            • Posts: 2796
                            Ok.. This is absolutely ridiculous..

                            We were alerted because someone said

                            wrote:
                            todays crappy music industry


                            That is their opinion and they are entitled to it.
                            They were not trying to force feed it down anyone's throat they were simply expressing their opinion.

                            Grow up people, learn to take some criticism about things and work on toughing up your "internet skin"..

                            And you know what, I agree that todays music industry is extremely crappy.
                            Ker click... Choom..
                            Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                              • 7 years 3 months ago
                              • Posts: 1069
                              OldNick07 wrote:
                              Has anyone heard this track backwards? It's even creepier. http://youtube.com/watch?v=PG0wksBzKSc


                              Dude, I'm going to have nightmares now. :eek:

                              Oddly enough, the one Beatles track (I hesitate to call it a song) that creeped me out as a kid wasn't Revolution #9, but the "inner groove". I can't even remember where I first heard it-- it could have been Sgt. Pepper or Rarities-- but I know the sound of it freaked me out.
                              "Preserving the old ways from being abused,
                              Protecting the new ways for me and for you.
                              What more can we do?"
                              --The Kinks, "Village Green Preservation Society"
                              Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                • 7 years 3 months ago
                                • Posts: 217
                                Does anyone have an mp3 of the 8-minute extended version of "Dig It"? A 50 second clip of it appears on the Let It Be album, and you can hear the full vesrion here http://youtube.com/watch?v=yddmU1eYq0U . I really want this complete song. Anyone have it?

                                I prefer not to have just a recording of the YouTube video in case the song is in stereo. YouTube videos are mono. But I'll take a YouTube recording of it if it's all I can get. I'd appreciate it! :D
                                Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                  • 7 years 3 months ago
                                  • Posts: 217
                                  *sigh* I found it on my own. Thanks.
                                  Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                  Search
                                  Users Online