• avatar
    • 1 year 5 months ago
    • Posts: 1476


    I am shocked. It somehow looks worse than I could have ever imagined.
    Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
    • avatar
      • 1 year 5 months ago
      • Posts: 10132
      The turtles look old.

      It seems everything Bay touches dies.
      thecrow174: Lover of martial arts cinema.
      Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
      • avatar
        • 1 year 5 months ago
        • Posts: 1476
        There's so many things I hate about this.

        - The turtles look terrible. Yes, I get that they're supposed to be mutated turtles, but they look like 7-foot ogres mixed with the goombas from the live action Mario Bros. movie.

        - The movie (from that trailer) appears to revolve around Megan Fox. If you've ever seen Megan Fox try to act, you know that's a bad sign.

        - It looks like a Transformers movie. It's like someone took out the Transformers, put in monstrous turtles and thought that'd be good enough.

        - Why is Shredder suddenly an old white guy?

        It's amazing how the turtles from the 1990 movie still look better than what they're putting out today.
        Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
        • avatar
          • 1 year 5 months ago
          • Posts: 10132
          Where's Krang?
          thecrow174: Lover of martial arts cinema.
          Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
          • avatar
            • 1 year 5 months ago
            • Posts: 289
            The turtles look like villains instead of the good guys. They look like sociopathic creeps rather than someone that would help you. I'll stick with the so many other cooler versions of them from the comic book versions, cartoon versions, Turtles arcade games and NES/SNES/Genesis Konami games, etc. Anything is cooler than the crap I just saw from this movie trailer
            Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
              • 1 year 5 months ago
              • Posts: 41
              Creepy.
              Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
              • avatar
                • 1 year 5 months ago
                • Posts: 10132
                Maybe Bay should've went to Muppets Creature Shop. That's where the turtles from the 1990 movie were made.
                thecrow174: Lover of martial arts cinema.
                Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                • avatar
                  • 1 year 5 months ago
                  • Posts: 254
                  You guys do realize that Bay is not the director of this movie, right? He's a producer, as in he helps fund the production. Steven Spielberg was a producer for the Transformers movies, but you don't ever see people bashing him do you? He had very little to do with the movies besides funding production.

                  The studio is just slapping Bay's name on everything for the TMNT movie because it's Platinum Dunes. He probably had very little say in the decisions made for this reboot.
                  Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                  • avatar
                    • 1 year 5 months ago
                    • Posts: 717
                    Fuzz wrote:
                    You guys do realize that Bay is not the director of this movie, right? He's a producer, as in he helps fund the production. Steven Spielberg was a producer for the Transformers movies, but you don't ever see people bashing him do you? He had very little to do with the movies besides funding production.

                    The studio is just slapping Bay's name on everything for the TMNT movie because it's Platinum Dunes. He probably had very little say in the decisions made for this reboot.


                    He may not be directing it personally, but his style (or lack thereof) is being heavily fitted onto the TMNT property. It's basically a Michael Bay movie.
                    Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                    • avatar
                      • 1 year 5 months ago
                      • Posts: 1476
                      yellow_submarine wrote:
                      Fuzz wrote:
                      You guys do realize that Bay is not the director of this movie, right? He's a producer, as in he helps fund the production. Steven Spielberg was a producer for the Transformers movies, but you don't ever see people bashing him do you? He had very little to do with the movies besides funding production.

                      The studio is just slapping Bay's name on everything for the TMNT movie because it's Platinum Dunes. He probably had very little say in the decisions made for this reboot.


                      He may not be directing it personally, but his style (or lack thereof) is being heavily fitted onto the TMNT property. It's basically a Michael Bay movie.


                      Yep, it definitely looks like one of his movies. Like I said before, you could edit out the turtles and CGI in the Transformers easily because it looks exactly like those movies.

                      Also, I can't recall Platinum Dunes ever doing anything worth a damn. At least they're branching out from their terrible horror movie remakes, I guess.
                      Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                        • 1 year 5 months ago
                        • Posts: 74809
                        Fuzz wrote:
                        You guys do realize that Bay is not the director of this movie, right? He's a producer, as in he helps fund the production. Steven Spielberg was a producer for the Transformers movies, but you don't ever see people bashing him do you? He had very little to do with the movies besides funding production.

                        The studio is just slapping Bay's name on everything for the TMNT movie because it's Platinum Dunes. He probably had very little say in the decisions made for this reboot.


                        But bashing Michael Bay is the in thing to do here on the interbutts.:roll: Nevermind the glaring fact somebody must be paying to watch his movies or theaters wouldn't touch his work with a barge pole . In Hollywood the only thing that matters is rakin' in the jack. Money in the bank, yo.
                        Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                        • avatar
                          • 1 year 5 months ago
                          • Posts: 1476
                          DirtyD1979 wrote:
                          Fuzz wrote:
                          You guys do realize that Bay is not the director of this movie, right? He's a producer, as in he helps fund the production. Steven Spielberg was a producer for the Transformers movies, but you don't ever see people bashing him do you? He had very little to do with the movies besides funding production.

                          The studio is just slapping Bay's name on everything for the TMNT movie because it's Platinum Dunes. He probably had very little say in the decisions made for this reboot.


                          But bashing Michael Bay is the in thing to do here on the interbutts.:roll: Nevermind the glaring fact somebody must be paying to watch his movies or theaters wouldn't touch his work with a barge pole . In Hollywood the only thing that matters is rakin' in the jack. Money in the bank, yo.


                          Not sure what you're saying, and I apologize if this isn't it, but a popular movie doesn't equal a good movie. Tons of people love those Transformers movies, but they're still absolute trash.
                          Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                          • avatar
                            • 1 year 5 months ago
                            • Posts: 717
                            Derk wrote:
                            DirtyD1979 wrote:
                            Fuzz wrote:
                            You guys do realize that Bay is not the director of this movie, right? He's a producer, as in he helps fund the production. Steven Spielberg was a producer for the Transformers movies, but you don't ever see people bashing him do you? He had very little to do with the movies besides funding production.

                            The studio is just slapping Bay's name on everything for the TMNT movie because it's Platinum Dunes. He probably had very little say in the decisions made for this reboot.


                            But bashing Michael Bay is the in thing to do here on the interbutts.:roll: Nevermind the glaring fact somebody must be paying to watch his movies or theaters wouldn't touch his work with a barge pole . In Hollywood the only thing that matters is rakin' in the jack. Money in the bank, yo.


                            Not sure what you're saying, and I apologize if this isn't it, but a popular movie doesn't equal a good movie. Tons of people love those Transformers movies, but they're still absolute trash.


                            They keep earning money, because studios keep making them, which also has no bearing on quality. It's playing to the lowest common denominator and dumbing down the average moviegoer. I understand Transformers isn't a high brow franchise, but look at Guillermo Del Toro's, or Neil Blomkamp's movies and then try to defend Bay's shit.
                            Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                            • avatar
                              • 1 year 5 months ago
                              • Posts: 254
                              yellow_submarine wrote:
                              He may not be directing it personally, but his style (or lack thereof) is being heavily fitted onto the TMNT property. It's basically a Michael Bay movie.

                              For the sake of argument, can you elaborate with some specific examples?
                              Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                              • avatar
                                • 1 year 4 months ago
                                • Posts: 717
                                Fuzz wrote:
                                yellow_submarine wrote:
                                He may not be directing it personally, but his style (or lack thereof) is being heavily fitted onto the TMNT property. It's basically a Michael Bay movie.

                                For the sake of argument, can you elaborate with some specific examples?


                                Bad Boys, Armageddon, The Rock, The Island. All flashy, popcorn flicks built around special effects over anything else. In fact there are couple sequences from The Island that were recycled straight into one of the Transformers movies.
                                Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                • avatar
                                  • 1 year 4 months ago
                                  • Posts: 10132
                                  At least this movie has Shredder, which TMNT III didn't have.
                                  thecrow174: Lover of martial arts cinema.
                                  Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                  • avatar
                                    • 1 year 4 months ago
                                    • Posts: 1476
                                    thecrow174 wrote:
                                    At least this movie has Shredder, which TMNT III didn't have.


                                    Yeah, it has Shredder, but he's an old white guy. It couldn't have been that hard to get a Japanese guy to play Oroku Saki.
                                    Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                    • avatar
                                      • 1 year 4 months ago
                                      • Posts: 1928
                                      Derk wrote:
                                      Oroku Saki.


                                      *ahem* His name is Eric Sachs now.
                                      tangspot2 wrote:
                                      Mrs. stake you say some nasty on my threads. Dirty bitch
                                      Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                        • 1 year 4 months ago
                                        • Posts: 1041
                                        stake n sheak wrote:
                                        Derk wrote:
                                        Oroku Saki.


                                        *ahem* His name is Eric Sachs now.


                                        Wow, stuff like that makes you think, are they trying to piss people off??
                                        Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                        • avatar
                                          • 1 year 4 months ago
                                          • Posts: 2420
                                          • Forum Mod
                                          • Editor
                                          Wasn't there a CGI TMNT movie a little while back that was all trumped up?
                                          My Last Article For RetroJunk

                                          Remembering RetroJunk
                                          Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                          Search