• 1 year 1 month ago
    • Posts: 278
    What were your favorite fast food restaurants from your childhood? How often would you eat fast food, what were your favorite items and do you still eat it today?

    For me I grew up on fast food as a kid in the 90s before I was aware of all this talk on fast food being unhealthy and also had a mother that didn't understand the health risks either. I never liked my mom's cooking so going to fast food restaurants like McDonald's, Burger King and Taco Bell were special occasions for me. I would eat fast food on a regular basis as kid. I would probably eat it at least once a week and sometimes several times a week because of McDonald's promotions of $.29 hamburger Wednesdays and $.39 cheeseburger Sundays. Sometimes Big Macs were available at a discounted price and that was my favorite item from McDonald's. Burger King had the Whopper for $.99 for a long time and that was my favorite fast food item and I would enjoy that at least once a week on Saturdays but sometimes more than that. Taco Bell was also great for me and I loved everything I've ever tried on the menu. For a kid fast food tasted amazing and going to fast food restaurants and eating all that junk food provided some of the best memories from my childhood. With all the fast food, soda and junk food I ate throughout my life, I'm amazed I was never overweight. I stopped eating fast food for the most part and tried to eat healthier probably in the mid 2000s but once a while I would spoil myself. Today I figure what's the point in all of that. There's much more to worry about in the world and life than eating unhealthy foods. Enjoy it while you can, I say. I've been eating pizza, McDonald's and drinking several cans of soda on a regular basis and I'm trying to relive my childhood in every way possible. I just wish there were more fast food restaurants where I live now.
    Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
      • 1 year 1 month ago
      • Posts: 103
      I did not like the violence in boys toys so when I got a kids meal I got a girl toy.
      Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
        • 1 year 1 month ago
        • Posts: 278
        SpaceInvaders95 wrote:
        I did not like the violence in boys toys so when I got a kids meal I got a girl toy.


        :? Anyone else?
        Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
          • 1 year 1 month ago
          • Posts: 9539
          SpaceInvaders95 wrote:
          I did not like the violence in boys toys so when I got a kids meal I got a girl toy.

          Man up.
          There is a battle between two wolves inside us all.

          One is evil and the other one is good. Which wolf will win? The one you feed the most.

          http://unbelievableyou.com/a-native-american-cherokee-story-two-wolves/
          Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
            • 1 year 1 month ago
            • Posts: 4519
            LOL I agree. Spending too much time with mom and sister can make any boy into a sissy.

            My mom never cooked on Friday and Saturday nights. There was a Dairy Queen within walking distance of our house and I would go there almost every Friday. On Saturday's it was either fast food or pizza. The rest of the week we ate at home with the nicest meal on Sunday.

            I eat fast food almost every day now and I don't have any weight issues. I think fast food combined with soda, sweets and lack of exercise is what's making people fat. I lost 10 lbs by just cutting out my before bed snack. Fast food is cheap and convenient for busy families. If kids stay active they shouldn't have weight or health issues from fast food.
            Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
              • 1 year 1 month ago
              • Posts: 278
              bassman21 wrote:
              LOL I agree. Spending too much time with mom and sister can make any boy into a sissy.

              My mom never cooked on Friday and Saturday nights. There was a Dairy Queen within walking distance of our house and I would go there almost every Friday. On Saturday's it was either fast food or pizza. The rest of the week we ate at home with the nicest meal on Sunday.

              I eat fast food almost every day now and I don't have any weight issues. I think fast food combined with soda, sweets and lack of exercise is what's making people fat. I lost 10 lbs by just cutting out my before bed snack. Fast food is cheap and convenient for busy families. If kids stay active they shouldn't have weight or health issues from fast food.


              I had one experience at Dairy Queen when I was 11 in early 1998. I got some type of burger with a discount coupon that I had and even with the discount I felt ripped off as the burger was dry and nothing like the burgers of the other fast food chains. Then when I got a soda they filled it up themselves and the incompetent worker who was no young man didn't even fill up my soda all the way up. Like an idiot he filled it up to the top with all the bubbles still foaming and didn't wait until it settled down so when the bubbles settled I had like maybe a little over half a cup of soda with lots of room left. I didn't say anything because I remember being depressed in my life at that time since I was raised by a mentally ill abusive mother and that incident kind of bummed me out as well because another adult had let me down and couldn't get something so simple right for a kid. At least in McDonald's and Burger King you were able to fill up your own soda but in this Dairy Queen you had to let the incompetent worker fill up your soda. I never went back to a Dairy Queen ever after that.
              Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                • 1 year 1 month ago
                • Posts: 4519
                Don't feel bad I got ripped off by the ice cream man once. He asked me for my money before I could order anything. He immediately handed me an ice cream sandwich, jumped in his seat and drove off with my 75 cents. The ghetto mother fucker didn't have anything else to sell other than some ice cream sandwiches he probably bought at the store. I could have walked to the corner store and got it for 50 cents. I wanted the good stuff you couldn't get at the corner store. Another time I asked them to wait 30 seconds while I ran in the house to grab some money. When I came back outside they were gone. After that I never ordered from an ice cream truck ever again.

                As for DQ I don't remember ever getting poor service at the one by my house. It was ran by some Indian people and they were always nice to me. Before I reached my teens I used to sometimes go in there with no shoes or shirt on. They never said anything even though there was a sign right by the register that forbid it.
                Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                  • 1 year 1 month ago
                  • Posts: 3884
                  Wendy's
                  Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                    • 1 year 1 month ago
                    • Posts: 278
                    bassman21 wrote:
                    Don't feel bad I got ripped off by the ice cream man once. He asked me for my money before I could order anything. He immediately handed me an ice cream sandwich, jumped in his seat and drove off with my 75 cents. The ghetto mother fucker didn't have anything else to sell other than some ice cream sandwiches he probably bought at the store. I could have walked to the corner store and got it for 50 cents. I wanted the good stuff you couldn't get at the corner store. Another time I asked them to wait 30 seconds while I ran in the house to grab some money. When I came back outside they were gone. After that I never ordered from an ice cream truck ever again.

                    As for DQ I don't remember ever getting poor service at the one by my house. It was ran by some Indian people and they were always nice to me. Before I reached my teens I used to sometimes go in there with no shoes or shirt on. They never said anything even though there was a sign right by the register that forbid it.


                    Wow, ripping off a kid, how lame. If it weren't for kids those bastards wouldn't have any customers. In my opinion, messing with a child is one of the worst sins that someone can commit.
                    Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                      • 1 year 29 days ago
                      • Posts: 775
                      When I was a child McDonalds was the Alpha and Omega of fast food.
                      Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                        • 1 year 29 days ago
                        • Posts: 278
                        bklynbren wrote:
                        When I was a child McDonalds was the Alpha and Omega of fast food.


                        McDonald's was ok but Burger King was the king in my opinion of fast food burger places. Taco Bell was also pretty awesome when I wanted something different. All I really ate at McDonald's were Big Macs and hamburgers and cheeseburgers during their $.29 and $.39 promotions. Later on in my life I would order the Big 'N Tasty which I don't think they have anymore and the McChicken sandwich.
                        Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                          • 1 year 29 days ago
                          • Posts: 74809
                          Fast Food places I loved eating at as a kid:

                          1. Pizza Hut
                          2. Krystal
                          3. Captain D's
                          4. McDonald's
                          5. KFC
                          6. Checkers
                          Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                            • 1 year 29 days ago
                            • Posts: 278
                            TheMusicdewd18 wrote:
                            Fast Food places I loved eating at as a kid:

                            1. Pizza Hut
                            2. Krystal
                            3. Captain D's
                            4. McDonald's
                            5. KFC
                            6. Checkers


                            Krystal, Captain D's and Checkers I don't think were around where I lived so they must not be national brands.
                            Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                              • 1 year 29 days ago
                              • Posts: 702
                              • Globally Banned
                              RomanBlade86 wrote:
                              What were your favorite fast food restaurants from your childhood? How often would you eat fast food, what were your favorite items and do you still eat it today?

                              For me I grew up on fast food as a kid in the 90s before I was aware of all this talk on fast food being unhealthy and also had a mother that didn't understand the health risks either. I never liked my mom's cooking so going to fast food restaurants like McDonald's, Burger King and Taco Bell were special occasions for me. I would eat fast food on a regular basis as kid. I would probably eat it at least once a week and sometimes several times a week because of McDonald's promotions of $.29 hamburger Wednesdays and $.39 cheeseburger Sundays. Sometimes Big Macs were available at a discounted price and that was my favorite item from McDonald's. Burger King had the Whopper for $.99 for a long time and that was my favorite fast food item and I would enjoy that at least once a week on Saturdays but sometimes more than that. Taco Bell was also great for me and I loved everything I've ever tried on the menu. For a kid fast food tasted amazing and going to fast food restaurants and eating all that junk food provided some of the best memories from my childhood. With all the fast food, soda and junk food I ate throughout my life, I'm amazed I was never overweight. I stopped eating fast food for the most part and tried to eat healthier probably in the mid 2000s but once a while I would spoil myself. Today I figure what's the point in all of that. There's much more to worry about in the world and life than eating unhealthy foods. Enjoy it while you can, I say. I've been eating pizza, McDonald's and drinking several cans of soda on a regular basis and I'm trying to relive my childhood in every way possible. I just wish there were more fast food restaurants where I live now.


                              I have fast food only once in a while depending on when i do
                              Hoping to explore pop culture from the 20th Century with you
                              Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                • 1 year 29 days ago
                                • Posts: 9539
                                RomanBlade86 wrote:
                                TheMusicdewd18 wrote:
                                Fast Food places I loved eating at as a kid:

                                1. Pizza Hut
                                2. Krystal
                                3. Captain D's
                                4. McDonald's
                                5. KFC
                                6. Checkers


                                Krystal, Captain D's and Checkers I don't think were around where I lived so they must not be national brands.

                                i agree
                                There is a battle between two wolves inside us all.

                                One is evil and the other one is good. Which wolf will win? The one you feed the most.

                                http://unbelievableyou.com/a-native-american-cherokee-story-two-wolves/
                                Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                  • 1 year 29 days ago
                                  • Posts: 74809
                                  Also:

                                  Taco Bell
                                  Arby's
                                  Papa John's
                                  Wendy's
                                  Burger King
                                  Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                    • 1 year 29 days ago
                                    • Posts: 702
                                    • Globally Banned
                                    TheMusicdewd18 wrote:
                                    Also:

                                    Taco Bell
                                    Arby's
                                    Papa John's
                                    Wendy's
                                    Burger King


                                    I do taco bell Mcdonalds Carls Jr. Papa Johns and Fantastic Burgers
                                    Hoping to explore pop culture from the 20th Century with you
                                    Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                      • 1 year 29 days ago
                                      • Posts: 278
                                      I totally forgot to add Carls Jr. Yeah, Carl's Jr. was good but all I really got from there in the 90s was the Famous Star which wasn't bad at all. I tried the Six Dollar Burger a few times but it was nothing special. I had some good memories from Carl's Jr. in the 90s when there was one in Old Sacramento and I was able to buy a burger and get the parking validated for my mom. Jack-In-the-Box was also a good one but I only got the Jumbo Jack and tacos from there.
                                      Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                        • 1 year 28 days ago
                                        • Posts: 9539
                                        retroman wrote:
                                        TheMusicdewd18 wrote:
                                        Also:

                                        Taco Bell
                                        Arby's
                                        Papa John's
                                        Wendy's
                                        Burger King


                                        I do taco bell Mcdonalds Carls Jr. Papa Johns and Fantastic Burgers

                                        What are you trying to say? :?
                                        There is a battle between two wolves inside us all.

                                        One is evil and the other one is good. Which wolf will win? The one you feed the most.

                                        http://unbelievableyou.com/a-native-american-cherokee-story-two-wolves/
                                        Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                          • 1 year 28 days ago
                                          • Posts: 59
                                          wrote:
                                          I had one experience at Dairy Queen when I was 11 in early 1998. I got some type of burger with a discount coupon that I had and even with the discount I felt ripped off as the burger was dry and nothing like the burgers of the other fast food chains. Then when I got a soda they filled it up themselves and the incompetent worker who was no young man didn't even fill up my soda all the way up. Like an idiot he filled it up to the top with all the bubbles still foaming and didn't wait until it settled down so when the bubbles settled I had like maybe a little over half a cup of soda with lots of room left. I didn't say anything because I remember being depressed in my life at that time since I was raised by a mentally ill abusive mother and that incident kind of bummed me out as well because another adult had let me down and couldn't get something so simple right for a kid. At least in McDonald's and Burger King you were able to fill up your own soda but in this Dairy Queen you had to let the incompetent worker fill up your soda. I never went back to a Dairy Queen ever after that.

                                          I feel bad for you, man. My favorite fast food chain was always Burger King, but my only memory involves some huge family stalling the drive-thru line for 20 minutes, and we got so annoyed we went inside the restaurant, ate inside, went out to our car, and that family was still in the drive-thru.
                                          signature "I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It's what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo, Pokemon
                                          Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                          Search