• 1 year 3 months ago
    • Posts: 1707
    In no way does Angry Birds represent any era all by itself. It was a simple fad.

    Youtube "likes" rather than Youtube "stars" means nothing. Who even noticed that change? Not many people. It's a website. It's had impact to be sure, but it is just a website. UI updates are completely meaningless to anything outside the site and do not affect the world in any way. Breaking down its periods like they are paleozoic vs mesozoic tells me you belong in a padded room.
    tangspot2 wrote:
    Mrs. stake you say some nasty on my threads. Dirty bitch
    Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
      • 1 year 3 months ago
      • Posts: 5
      stake n sheak wrote:
      In no way does Angry Birds represent any era all by itself. It was a simple fad.

      Youtube "likes" rather than Youtube "stars" means nothing. Who even noticed that change? Not many people. It's a website. It's had impact to be sure, but it is just a website. UI updates are completely meaningless to anything outside the site and do not affect the world in any way. Breaking down its periods like they are paleozoic vs mesozoic tells me you belong in a padded room.


      I don't think he meant stars vs likes alone was a big difference, rather referring to YouTube from 2005-09 as opposed to 2010-now.

      Either way, the cultural of today is a different ballpark to 2007.
      Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
        • 1 year 3 months ago
        • Posts: 1707
        While the overall content of youtube now vs six years ago is somewhat different, the site's purpose and feel is not. Additionally, I reiterate that no single website represents an epochal shift. And in sum, I cannot see that everything has overall shifted to a drastic degree in the past six or eight years. Perhaps people who see that are younger than I (younger people perceive time to move at a faster pace.) Perhaps I expect too much. I am an adult now and I was in 2007. Because of that or maybe other reasons, I don't agree with this "whole new ball game" phenomenon over that brief period. What I am sure of, is that I would like to see genuine analysis rather than simplistic platitudes and declarations with nothing explicit behind them. Dig?
        tangspot2 wrote:
        Mrs. stake you say some nasty on my threads. Dirty bitch
        Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
          • 1 year 3 months ago
          • Posts: 5
          stake n sheak wrote:
          While the overall content of youtube now vs six years ago is somewhat different, the site's purpose and feel is not. Additionally, I reiterate that no single website represents an epochal shift. And in sum, I cannot see that everything has overall shifted to a drastic degree in the past six or eight years. Perhaps people who see that are younger than I (younger people perceive time to move at a faster pace.) Perhaps I expect too much. I am an adult now and I was in 2007. Because of that or maybe other reasons, I don't agree with this "whole new ball game" phenomenon over that brief period. What I am sure of, is that I would like to see genuine analysis rather than simplistic platitudes and declarations with nothing explicit behind them. Dig?


          Nobody said YouTube had changed in extreme ways over the years, just that the early YouTube days and the Angry Birds days are two different cultural eras.
          Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
            • 1 year 3 months ago
            • Posts: 1707
            And I said that I don't believe they are, yet I am willing to read opposing reasoning. So far, I'm not seeing any.
            tangspot2 wrote:
            Mrs. stake you say some nasty on my threads. Dirty bitch
            Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
              • 1 year 3 months ago
              • Posts: 13
              stake n sheak wrote:
              And I said that I don't believe they are, yet I am willing to read opposing reasoning. So far, I'm not seeing any.


              So in other words, you think that Angry Birds was available in 2007 and deny the Bush was president in 2007 also? Gotcha.
              Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                • 1 year 3 months ago
                • Posts: 1707
                No, idiot, that's not what I said at all.

                Angry Birds by itself was not transformative of anything. It didn't drive an entire platform, the way that say, Tetris, did. Smart phones were already incredibly popular. It was all anybody could talk about for weeks, not months or years.

                The change of American presidents is one part of what shapes things, but practically speaking, the current administration doesn't seem to handle domestic matters much differently than the previous one. So I'd say no, that doesn't mean a whole new era. It's nothing like the Reagan administration contrast with Carter, or Clinton with Bush I.

                Another brand new account trying to put words in my mouth and argue in bad faith all over the board. I wonder where you came from "Witch of West East". Not!
                tangspot2 wrote:
                Mrs. stake you say some nasty on my threads. Dirty bitch
                Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                  • 1 year 3 months ago
                  • Posts: 13
                  stake n sheak wrote:
                  No, idiot, that's not what I said at all.

                  Angry Birds by itself was not transformative of anything. It didn't drive an entire platform, the way that say, Tetris, did. Smart phones were already incredibly popular. It was all anybody could talk about for weeks, not months or years.

                  The change of American presidents is one part of what shapes things, but practically speaking, the current administration doesn't seem to handle domestic matters much differently than the previous one. So I'd say no, that doesn't mean a whole new era. It's nothing like the Reagan administration contrast with Carter, or Clinton with Bush I.

                  Another brand new account trying to put words in my mouth and argue in bad faith. I wonder where you came from Witch of West East. Not!


                  Calling someone an idiot is a personal attack. You deserve to get banned from the community.
                  Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                    • 1 year 3 months ago
                    • Posts: 1707
                    Your snide tone in your previous reply merited such a response. You did the same thing, but you just chose to be a coward about it. How many more accounts are you going to register in your revenge attempts? Hiding behind new reg dates will only get you so far if your behavior doesn't change.
                    tangspot2 wrote:
                    Mrs. stake you say some nasty on my threads. Dirty bitch
                    Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                      • 1 year 3 months ago
                      • Posts: 13
                      stake n sheak wrote:
                      Your snide tone in your previous reply merited such a response. You did the same thing, but you just chose to be a coward about it. How many more accounts are you going to register in your revenge attempts? Hiding behind new reg dates will only get you so far if your behavior doesn't change.


                      What you mean "snide tone"? "Coward"? "Revenge attempts"? Who's the one acting in bad faith?
                      Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                        • 1 year 3 months ago
                        • Posts: 1707
                        Witch of West East wrote:
                        bad faith


                        I'm not entirely convinced you even know what this means.
                        tangspot2 wrote:
                        Mrs. stake you say some nasty on my threads. Dirty bitch
                        Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                          • 1 year 3 months ago
                          • Posts: 13
                          stake n sheak wrote:
                          Witch of West East wrote:
                          bad faith


                          I'm not entirely convinced you even know what this means.


                          Why not quit the personal attacks and actually read the rules? Either that, or leave Retrojunk forever?
                          Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                            • 1 year 3 months ago
                            • Posts: 1707
                            You're trying awfully hard. Escpecially for somebody who just registered for the first time here today. If you have such a problem with me, why not take it to WAR ROOM MARK IV, so we can stop derailing this thread [as ridiculous as its premise is]?
                            tangspot2 wrote:
                            Mrs. stake you say some nasty on my threads. Dirty bitch
                            Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                              • 1 year 3 months ago
                              • Posts: 13
                              stake n sheak wrote:
                              You're trying awfully hard. Escpecially for somebody who just registered for the first time here today. If you have such a problem with me, why not take it to WAR ROOM MARK IV, so we can stop derailing this thread [as ridiculous as its premise is]?


                              I'm not here to "war" with anybody. I'm here to participate in a friendly community.
                              Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                • 1 year 3 months ago
                                • Posts: 1707
                                Then why did you start off by being so rude to me? I said nothing to "Witch of West East". If you can't stand the heat, don't walk into the kitchen.
                                tangspot2 wrote:
                                Mrs. stake you say some nasty on my threads. Dirty bitch
                                Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                  • 1 year 3 months ago
                                  • Posts: 13
                                  stake n sheak wrote:
                                  Then why did you start off by being so rude to me? I said nothing to "Witch of West East". If you can't stand the heat, don't walk into the kitchen.


                                  I didn't start off being rude. I started off being reasonable and continue to be at this point. Your comments on the other hand have been rude and full of silly accusations. If this is a way you welcome a new member...oh dear :(
                                  Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                    • 1 year 3 months ago
                                    • Posts: 1707
                                    Ghost of Vapor wrote:
                                    Banned already. And shakin didn't even get to say hi.

                                    I'm getting plenty more chances yesterday and today.
                                    tangspot2 wrote:
                                    Mrs. stake you say some nasty on my threads. Dirty bitch
                                    Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                      • 1 year 3 months ago
                                      • Posts: 1707
                                      Witch of West East wrote:
                                      So in other words, you think that Angry Birds was available in 2007 and deny the Bush was president in 2007 also? Gotcha.

                                      That doesn't seem very polite or reasonable to me. Please don't put words in other peoples' mouths. Thank you. :)
                                      tangspot2 wrote:
                                      Mrs. stake you say some nasty on my threads. Dirty bitch
                                      Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                        • 1 year 3 months ago
                                        • Posts: 13
                                        stake n sheak wrote:
                                        Witch of West East wrote:
                                        So in other words, you think that Angry Birds was available in 2007 and deny the Bush was president in 2007 also? Gotcha.

                                        That doesn't seem very polite or reasonable to me. Please don't put words in other peoples' mouths. Thank you. :)


                                        I was just asking you if you thought Angry Birds was around in 2007 and that Bush was president today? Notice the :question: that is called a question mark.
                                        Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                          • 1 year 3 months ago
                                          • Posts: 1707
                                          That's the kind of "question" one asks when they are trying to make somebody out to be stupid. It's a natural tactic for somebody to try when they are upset, but it usually doesn't work very well. On top of which, "So in other words" and "Gotcha" are clear indicators that the question mark is sarcastic.

                                          Well, I already know that you don't understand nuance. So I guess I shouldn't be surprised that you expect other people don't, either.
                                          tangspot2 wrote:
                                          Mrs. stake you say some nasty on my threads. Dirty bitch
                                          Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                          Search