• 1 year 8 months ago
    • Posts: 9847
    Some of you might remember her from Beach Blanket Bingo and The Mickey Mouse Club. RIP.
    thecrow174: Lover of martial arts cinema.
    Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
      • 1 year 8 months ago
      • Posts: 1785
      I prefer movies like Dr. Goldfoot and the Bikini Machine. Although the original Beach Party is pretty great. Morey Amsterdam with a ridiculous billygoat beard studying teenagers and sex? lol yes please!
      tangspot2 wrote:
      Mrs. stake you say some nasty on my threads. Dirty bitch
      Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
        • 1 year 8 months ago
        • Posts: 6899
        The original Mickey Mouse Club from 1955 was in regular syndicated rerun on the local ABC affiliate in my hometown up to 1965. It was all very familiar after-school viewing for me.

        However, I never quite understood the buzz around Annette Funicello, she seemes like any other kid on the show to me. But for everyone else Annette was a real stand-out.

        In the 70's and 80's I would see some of her movies or an occasional special. She was a very beautiful woman, yet she always seemed too perfect and therefore not quite real to me, if you know what I mean.

        Other that that, there's not much I can tell ya. As an actress it seemed to me that she only played one character - herself. Pretty to look at but somehow distant.

        Of all the clips I've watched, this one is interesting to me:




        REST IN PEACE Annette Funicello
        The Eldorado is dead. Long live the Eldorado.
        Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
          • 1 year 8 months ago
          • Posts: 1785
          eddstarr88 wrote:
          However, I never quite understood the buzz around Annette Funicello, she seemes like any other kid on the show to me.


          Even in the early days of her career, the source of her appeal was... somewhere... well, right around here:

          :lol:
          tangspot2 wrote:
          Mrs. stake you say some nasty on my threads. Dirty bitch
          Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
            • 1 year 8 months ago
            • Posts: 6899
            stake n sheak wrote:
            eddstarr88 wrote:
            However, I never quite understood the buzz around Annette Funicello, she seemes like any other kid on the show to me.


            Even in the early days of her career, the source of her appeal was... somewhere... well, right around here:

            :lol:




            Inspiring . . . much like the 1955 Cadillac.

            The Eldorado is dead. Long live the Eldorado.
            Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
              • 1 year 8 months ago
              • Posts: 119
              Rip Ms Funicello you will be missed.
              Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                • 1 year 8 months ago
                • Posts: 6899
                Indeed, Annette Funicello has quite a following from my generation. She had less of an impact on me because she had no interest in following the "star path" that so many actors fall into that nets them lots of movies or TV series.

                In fact, those many beach party films of her youth seemed to give Annette pause in continuing with her film career. It was as if she wanted that regular life that most people dream of getting away from. Annette's family was much more important to her than being a star.

                I respect people than take a personal stand when it comes to career vs. family choices.
                The Eldorado is dead. Long live the Eldorado.
                Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                  • 1 year 7 months ago
                  • Posts: 1001
                  Very fond memries of her on The Mickey Mouse club.. I adored her on that show when i was little.. Timeless
                  "In heaven all the interesting people are missing."
                  Friedrich Nietzsche
                  Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                  Search