• 1 year 10 months ago
    • Posts: 383
    What point in your childhood did you consider to be the low point? Mine had to be about 1997 when I was in the 2nd-3rd grade. Around that time good shows that I had been watching for years came to an end, namely Spider-Man and X-Men. Fox left me with crappy shows like Spider-Man Unlimited. Power Rangers had gone down deeper into the shithole from Zeo to Turbo.
    ...
    Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
      • 1 year 10 months ago
      • Posts: 1785
      Maybe the time I ripped up my birthday gift certificate for a free cone at Baskin Robbins into little tiny pieces and screamed "I'm never eating ice cream again!" :lol:
      tangspot2 wrote:
      Mrs. stake you say some nasty on my threads. Dirty bitch
      Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
        • 1 year 10 months ago
        • Posts: 4553
        Wow I wish it was just a show ending.

        When I was a kid I used to play outside all of the time. While I was a small kid I was tough kid. Well from around the age of 10 till around the age of 14 I became a home body. Other than school I stayed in the house most of the time watching TV, playing video games and talking on my CB radio. I rarely went outside during the summer. I had no interest in sports or other things that normal kids enjoyed. Because of this I became very weak and sensitive. I couldn't even do single pull up! I had no style and I lack social skills with kids my own age. I became a target of bullying and had a hard time fitting in with my peers. Reality hit when I reached the age of 14. To keep this short (there is a long version of this story) I had many struggles in the 8th and 9th grade. Things got better after that. Man those were terrible times.

        So that was the low point of my childhood.
        Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
          • 1 year 10 months ago
          • Posts: 364
          I would say that would probably be the period during which my parents divorced. Those were rough times. But in the end I gained family that I would not otherwise have had.
          The fun doesn't end here. www.retro-daze.com
          Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
            • 1 year 10 months ago
            • Posts: 1785
            bassman21 wrote:
            So that was the low point of my childhood.

            Oh yeah, that's a good one. I was also a very awkward or nerdy kid and sensitive, no social skills, and got bullied a lot.
            tangspot2 wrote:
            Mrs. stake you say some nasty on my threads. Dirty bitch
            Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
              • 1 year 10 months ago
              • Posts: 383
              bassman21 wrote:
              To keep this short (there is a long version of this story) I had many struggles in the 8th and 9th grade..


              I feel you on that. My life took a downward spiral right after middle school. Lost all my friends from elementary and junior high. The ones that remained started smoking, cutting class, or totally forgot about me. High school sucked, but when college came around everything was much better.
              ...
              Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                • 1 year 10 months ago
                • Posts: 3411
                • Forum Admin
                • Editor
                • Category Admin
                I've written about my youth in several of my articles, but basically, from September of 1991 (the start of 3rd grade) to May of 2002, when I got my job at Wal-Mart and truly entered the adult world at the age of 19, I was in a living Hell that saw me lose my Dad, and eventually my sanity from getting made fun of and saying something I shouldn't have. That's why I don't have the same fondness for the 90s that so many of my fellow RetroJunkers do...It was a hellacious time for me.
                Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                  • 1 year 10 months ago
                  • Posts: 6
                  My parents' marriage. My mom is an angel but my dad was just mean and caused a lot of friction and tension.
                  Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                    • 1 year 8 months ago
                    • Posts: 702
                    • Globally Banned
                    animaniac318 wrote:
                    What point in your childhood did you consider to be the low point? Mine had to be about 1997 when I was in the 2nd-3rd grade. Around that time good shows that I had been watching for years came to an end, namely Spider-Man and X-Men. Fox left me with crappy shows like Spider-Man Unlimited. Power Rangers had gone down deeper into the shithole from Zeo to Turbo.


                    When i was 10 i kept running away from my 3rd grade class because of how badly treated i was by my teacher and my mom was so upset she put me in another school several months later after having tutors in Hungington Beach
                    Hoping to explore pop culture from the 20th Century with you
                    Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                      • 1 year 8 months ago
                      • Posts: 4553
                      retroman wrote:

                      When i was 10 i kept running away from my 3rd grade class because of how badly treated i was by my teacher and my mom was so upset she put me in another school several months later after having tutors in Hungington Beach

                      I had an abusive 3rd grade teacher too. I've posted about her on here before. She targeted me from day one and was determined to break me. Even though she was black and I'm white I don't think it was a racial issue. She punished me for every little thing I did and wouldn't let me go to the restroom when I needed to. Later she turned another teacher against me and would send me to her class to be mistreated more. She made up lies about me to the principal and other people. When a kid roughed me up on the bus she blamed me for it

                      She was evil. She bragged about how she beat her kids at home and admitted that she would let her children die to save herself. I never dared run away from her class, but ever morning I would go to the restroom before class and cry. I also developed stomach trouble which lasted several months. Oddly she was sympathetic when I was feeling ill and at the time I didn't realize she was the cause of it. The other teacher called me a cry baby. I started telling my parents what was going on and it only made the teachers hate me even more. They made me out to be weak for not putting up with it. She ended up failing me, but the school ended up promoting me after my parents wrote a letter to the school board. The next year she would give me an evil smile and shake her head every time she saw me. She did the same thing over the summer when we saw her shopping at an Eckerd drug store by our house. My parents put me in private school a few months into the 4th grade.

                      This wasn't even half the stuff that when on. Now that I think about it that was too was a low point. Just writing this got me upset and I usually don't get upset about childhood experiences. Hopefully the cunt got what she deserved or sought mental help.
                      Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                        • 1 year 8 months ago
                        • Posts: 2341
                        • Forum Mod
                        • Editor
                        I'm glad to say I never really had a low point of any great magnitude. I remember in 4th grade I was put in a hybrid 4/5th grade class. The work was hard, and all my good friends were in the regular class. I cried almost every night, and I finally got my mom to go to the school and talk to the teacher and I was switched into the normal class with my friends.I INSTANTLY felt better. If I ever have kids, I really plan to give them the best childhood possible. Not in terms of buying them all the latest toys and crap, but sharing with them the awesome experiences I had growing up.
                        Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                          • 1 year 8 months ago
                          • Posts: 702
                          • Globally Banned
                          bassman21 wrote:
                          retroman wrote:

                          When i was 10 i kept running away from my 3rd grade class because of how badly treated i was by my teacher and my mom was so upset she put me in another school several months later after having tutors in Hungington Beach

                          I had an abusive 3rd grade teacher too. I've posted about her on here before. She targeted me from day one and was determined to break me. Even though she was black and I'm white I don't think it was a racial issue. She punished me for every little thing I did and wouldn't let me go to the restroom when I needed to. Later she turned another teacher against me and would send me to her class to be mistreated more. She made up lies about me to the principal and other people. When a kid roughed me up on the bus she blamed me for it

                          She was evil. She bragged about how she beat her kids at home and admitted that she would let her children die to save herself. I never dared run away from her class, but ever morning I would go to the restroom before class and cry. I also developed stomach trouble which lasted several months. Oddly she was sympathetic when I was feeling ill and at the time I didn't realize she was the cause of it. The other teacher called me a cry baby. I started telling my parents what was going on and it only made the teachers hate me even more. They made me out to be weak for not putting up with it. She ended up failing me, but the school ended up promoting me after my parents wrote a letter to the school board. The next year she would give me an evil smile and shake her head every time she saw me. She did the same thing over the summer when we saw her shopping at an Eckerd drug store by our house. My parents put me in private school a few months into the 4th grade.

                          This wasn't even half the stuff that when on. Now that I think about it that was too was a low point. Just writing this got me upset and I usually don't get upset about childhood experiences. Hopefully the cunt got what she deserved or sought mental help.


                          She was not that abusive
                          Hoping to explore pop culture from the 20th Century with you
                          Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                            • 1 year 8 months ago
                            • Posts: 702
                            • Globally Banned
                            vkimo wrote:
                            I'm glad to say I never really had a low point of any great magnitude. I remember in 4th grade I was put in a hybrid 4/5th grade class. The work was hard, and all my good friends were in the regular class. I cried almost every night, and I finally got my mom to go to the school and talk to the teacher and I was switched into the normal class with my friends.I INSTANTLY felt better. If I ever have kids, I really plan to give them the best childhood possible. Not in terms of buying them all the latest toys and crap, but sharing with them the awesome experiences I had growing up.


                            I felt better being in a hybrid class too
                            Hoping to explore pop culture from the 20th Century with you
                            Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                              • 1 year 8 months ago
                              • Posts: 4553
                              retroman wrote:


                              She was not that abusive

                              Really? Were you there? Is this comment suppose to make me feel better? I stated it wasn't the half of it. If her treatment of me lead to me crying before school and experiencing stomach problems (amongst other things), then it had a negative impact. Abuse does not have to be physical.
                              Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                • 1 year 8 months ago
                                • Posts: 702
                                • Globally Banned
                                bassman21 wrote:
                                retroman wrote:


                                She was not that abusive

                                Really? Were you there? Is this comment suppose to make me feel better? I stated it wasn't the half of it. If her treatment of me lead to me crying before school and experiencing stomach problems (amongst other things), then it had a negative impact. Abuse does not have to be physical.


                                She was not abusive in a physical way
                                Hoping to explore pop culture from the 20th Century with you
                                Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                  • 1 year 8 months ago
                                  • Posts: 2341
                                  • Forum Mod
                                  • Editor
                                  I think Retroman, aka Superboi of Mezase butt loving fame, misses a lot of the points being made on RJ in general.
                                  Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                    • 1 year 8 months ago
                                    • Posts: 697
                                    Middle school, definitely. It was between 96-98 and I had a rough time transitioning from childhood to early teens. I didn't know what kind of people I should be making friends with because I never had to make those choices. Basically the friends I had growing up were in different grades and the few I had made in elementary completely stopped talking to me.

                                    Had I embraced my nerdy interests and comedic tendencies and dropped whatever social anxiety/misunderstandings I was figuring out, I may have been less miserable.
                                    Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                      • 1 year 8 months ago
                                      • Posts: 74809
                                      The low point? When it ended! lol.
                                      Seriously though, probably family feuds, my mom used to argue with my dad too much, older brothers were quite the trouble makers as well.
                                      Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                      Search