• 1 year 10 months ago
    • Posts: 5193
    just wants to know if there any early school closing in ur area because of the shooting all of south east michigan schools are close. tomorrow and Friday.
    Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
      • 1 year 10 months ago
      • Posts: 1741
      nope no school closed here. except schedule for christmas
      tangspot2 wrote:
      Mrs. stake you say some nasty on my threads. Dirty bitch
      Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
        • 1 year 10 months ago
        • Posts: 2171
        Nope, school doesn't get out until tomorrow at 11:45 here. I know some schools have had discussions about safety and what not with the kids since this event but I don't think ours was one of them.
        :)
        Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
          • 1 year 10 months ago
          • Posts: 2300
          • Forum Mod
          • Editor
          I read on MSN 33 schools are closing because of the Mayan Calendar.
          Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
            • 1 year 10 months ago
            • Posts: 1441
            vkimo wrote:
            I read on MSN 33 schools are closing because of the Mayan Calendar.


            I thought this was a joke at first, then I googled it...

            Sad.
            Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
              • 1 year 10 months ago
              • Posts: 9716
              vkimo wrote:
              I read on MSN 33 schools are closing because of the Mayan Calendar.

              Oh, brother. :roll:
              There is a battle between two wolves inside us all.

              One is evil and the other one is good. Which wolf will win? The one you feed the most.

              http://unbelievableyou.com/a-native-american-cherokee-story-two-wolves/
              Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                • 1 year 10 months ago
                • Posts: 5193
                thecrow174 wrote:
                vkimo wrote:
                I read on MSN 33 schools are closing because of the Mayan Calendar.

                Oh, brother. :roll:


                That Just silly.. They are closing school on friday because of the Mayan Calender Really! Really!! Really!!! Really!!!!..
                Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                  • 1 year 10 months ago
                  • Posts: 1741
                  Really.
                  tangspot2 wrote:
                  Mrs. stake you say some nasty on my threads. Dirty bitch
                  Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                    • 1 year 10 months ago
                    • Posts: 2171
                    Yikes LOL
                    :)
                    Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                      • 1 year 10 months ago
                      • Posts: 9716
                      TMNT wrote:
                      thecrow174 wrote:
                      vkimo wrote:
                      I read on MSN 33 schools are closing because of the Mayan Calendar.

                      Oh, brother. :roll:


                      That Just silly.. They are closing school on friday because of the Mayan Calender Really! Really!! Really!!! Really!!!!..

                      There is a battle between two wolves inside us all.

                      One is evil and the other one is good. Which wolf will win? The one you feed the most.

                      http://unbelievableyou.com/a-native-american-cherokee-story-two-wolves/
                      Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                        • 1 year 10 months ago
                        • Posts: 3807
                        I am teaching 30 minutes from Sandy Hook, and we have not missed a day. The rest of the country makes no sense. Even the rest of the students and teachers in town went back to school after a day or two.
                        Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                          • 1 year 10 months ago
                          • Posts: 64
                          vkimo wrote:
                          I read on MSN 33 schools are closing because of the Mayan Calendar.


                          Can someone say early Christmas break?
                          Thats right I ran over the Taco Bell dog...... I got banned from Taco Bell for life.
                          Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                            • 1 year 10 months ago
                            • Posts: 4549
                            thecrow174 wrote:
                            TMNT wrote:
                            thecrow174 wrote:
                            vkimo wrote:
                            I read on MSN 33 schools are closing because of the Mayan Calendar.

                            Oh, brother. :roll:


                            That Just silly.. They are closing school on friday because of the Mayan Calender Really! Really!! Really!!! Really!!!!..



                            http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/12/20/16042653-newtown-mayan-end-of-world-rumors-prompt-michigan-officials-to-close-33-schools?lite

                            Freaking yanks lol
                            Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                              • 1 year 10 months ago
                              • Posts: 2171
                              We just got a call not to long ago saying that earlier this week there was a threat to one of the secondary schools in the district and because of that, there will be armed guards outside and inside each of the schools in the district tomorrow. It has everyone in a panic despite the fact that the police say there is nothing to make them believe the threats were anything more than a bunch of teens wanting school break to start earlier. Some are saying they are keeping their kids home, others are saying they won't live in fear and they feel fine with armed guards watching over the kids. I personally feel literally sick over having to make the decision of whether to send my kid or not. If you keep them home your a coward, if you send them your supposently a parent that doesn't care. It makes my stomach hurt. I honestly think everything will be fine and I will send him so we don't live in fear, but it makes me sick. My son is looking forward to his Christmas party, and the present he got for his teacher. Is that more important than safety? of course not..but at the same time, do we let these people that were probably just stupid kids win? To be honest I wish they had just decided to cancel school so that we wouldn't be faced with having to MAKE a decision but I guess that's part of being an adult, and a parent. Ugh.

                              Oh, and they also said that the guards are also there JUST in case of some wackos that may want to do something nutty because of the "end of the world".
                              :)
                              Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                • 1 year 10 months ago
                                • Posts: 9716
                                Oh, rapture, where are you?

                                Olly olly oxen free.
                                There is a battle between two wolves inside us all.

                                One is evil and the other one is good. Which wolf will win? The one you feed the most.

                                http://unbelievableyou.com/a-native-american-cherokee-story-two-wolves/
                                Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                  • 1 year 10 months ago
                                  • Posts: 2171
                                  Update: There is ice on the roads so they cancelled school. Holly Freakin Lue Yuh..

                                  I was absolutely sick over having to make the decision whether to send him or not. Thank god the decision was removed from my hands.
                                  :)
                                  Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                    • 1 year 10 months ago
                                    • Posts: 2300
                                    • Forum Mod
                                    • Editor
                                    Maybe the ice on the road was a deliberate excuse to save face in the situation. It's a good move if that's what it was.
                                    Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                      • 1 year 10 months ago
                                      • Posts: 2171
                                      That's kind of what I was thinking as well
                                      :)
                                      Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                      Search