• avatar
    • 2 years 5 months ago
    • Posts: 6992
    For Christmas 1993 I got two gift tins of Gourmet fudge (one was 2 lbs and the other was 1 lb) from family, and a box of homemade fudge from the office Christmas party.

    I don't ever want to relive that experience!

    So what's on your "Do Not Want" list?
    The Eldorado is dead. Long live the Eldorado.
    Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
    • avatar
      • 2 years 5 months ago
      • Posts: 2406
      • Forum Mod
      • Editor
      I just hate getting things that I already have, it stresses me out haha. Like a coat or a computer.
      My Last Article For RetroJunk

      Remembering RetroJunk
      Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
      • avatar
        • 2 years 5 months ago
        • Posts: 10025
        If I have it, I don't want it.
        thecrow174: Lover of martial arts cinema.
        Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
        • avatar
          • 2 years 5 months ago
          • Posts: 1476
          Socks would be at the top. I get a ton of them every year for Christmas, so it would be nice to end that 'tradition'.
          Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
            • 2 years 5 months ago
            • Posts: 74809
            Derk wrote:
            Socks would be at the top. I get a ton of them every year for Christmas, so it would be nice to end that 'tradition'.


            I'd actually like some socks. I go through a lot of them and there are other things I'd rather spend my money on than socks lol
            Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
            • avatar
              • 2 years 5 months ago
              • Posts: 4570
              I'm too picky with my socks and only like white or black ones. They also have to have the right blend of materials (must have some cotton, but not 100%). I would rather buy them myself. I always need tee shirts (plain), jeans and shorts, but stay clear of brown, yellow, green or orange.

              I don't want anything for my car. Anything that goes in/on my car must high quality. I have everything I need that is in the spending range.

              I don't like gift cards (except Amazon) and hate giving them.
              Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
              • avatar
                • 2 years 5 months ago
                • Posts: 392
                New Age Reto Hippie wrote:
                Derk wrote:
                Socks would be at the top. I get a ton of them every year for Christmas, so it would be nice to end that 'tradition'.


                I'd actually like some socks. I go through a lot of them and there are other things I'd rather spend my money on than socks lol


                How do you go through a lot of socks? You don't wear them around the house, do you? I've had the same batch of socks for about 8 years....I think. I wear them, take them off, and then wash them. I don't walk around the house with them, I don't walk around outside with them...I just don't see how you can go through tons of socks.
                Don't pay any attention to the evil spirited and dead of heart. They're not worth your time.
                Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                • avatar
                  • 2 years 5 months ago
                  • Posts: 6992
                  Lol, socks are the gift that screams, "I want to give you clothes - but I don't know your size".
                  The Eldorado is dead. Long live the Eldorado.
                  Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                  • avatar
                    • 2 years 5 months ago
                    • Posts: 1877
                    CruJonesIsTheMan wrote:
                    ...I just don't see how you can go through tons of socks.


                    Maybe by walking around the house or outside with them!

                    I buy socks 5 dozen at a time and retire all the old ones at once. I do it every 4 or 5 years (I think)
                    tangspot2 wrote:
                    Mrs. stake you say some nasty on my threads. Dirty bitch
                    Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                    • avatar
                      • 2 years 5 months ago
                      • Posts: 2406
                      • Forum Mod
                      • Editor
                      I got socks awhile back as a gift. They weren't cotton but a cotton/polyester blend. They make my feet sweat and stink, plus they're dangerously slippy when walking on hardwood floors. I like to have just one batch of identical socks. As of now I have like 5 different types and it's a headache matching them up after doing the laundry.
                      My Last Article For RetroJunk

                      Remembering RetroJunk
                      Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                      • avatar
                        • 2 years 5 months ago
                        • Posts: 6992
                        Yeah v-man, I go through a lot of socks because I loose one-of-a-pair in the laundry long before they wear out. I used to use sock-singles for working on my cars all the time.
                        The Eldorado is dead. Long live the Eldorado.
                        Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                          • 2 years 5 months ago
                          • Posts: 74809
                          CruJonesIsTheMan wrote:
                          New Age Reto Hippie wrote:
                          Derk wrote:
                          Socks would be at the top. I get a ton of them every year for Christmas, so it would be nice to end that 'tradition'.


                          I'd actually like some socks. I go through a lot of them and there are other things I'd rather spend my money on than socks lol




                          How do you go through a lot of socks? You don't wear them around the house, do you? I've had the same batch of socks for about 8 years....I think. I wear them, take them off, and then wash them. I don't walk around the house with them, I don't walk around outside with them...I just don't see how you can go through tons of socks.


                          I go through a lot of socks mostly because I spend a large amount of the day out and about. I wear them out from all the walking I do, and yeah I do wear them around the house, so do everyone else I know. I've actually never heard of someone with your type of sock wearing habits (I'll admitt though that it must be efficient)
                          Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                          • avatar
                            • 2 years 5 months ago
                            • Posts: 615
                            Anything that's used (especially clothing).

                            Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                            • avatar
                              • 2 years 5 months ago
                              • Posts: 6992
                              PixarFan88 wrote:
                              Anything that's used (especially clothing).


                              Yikes! Don't get me started over used clothing, lol.
                              The Eldorado is dead. Long live the Eldorado.
                              Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                              • avatar
                                • 2 years 5 months ago
                                • Posts: 392
                                New Age Reto Hippie wrote:
                                CruJonesIsTheMan wrote:
                                New Age Reto Hippie wrote:
                                Derk wrote:
                                Socks would be at the top. I get a ton of them every year for Christmas, so it would be nice to end that 'tradition'.


                                I'd actually like some socks. I go through a lot of them and there are other things I'd rather spend my money on than socks lol




                                How do you go through a lot of socks? You don't wear them around the house, do you? I've had the same batch of socks for about 8 years....I think. I wear them, take them off, and then wash them. I don't walk around the house with them, I don't walk around outside with them...I just don't see how you can go through tons of socks.


                                I go through a lot of socks mostly because I spend a large amount of the day out and about. I wear them out from all the walking I do, and yeah I do wear them around the house, so do everyone else I know. I've actually never heard of someone with your type of sock wearing habits (I'll admitt though that it must be efficient)


                                It's impossible that I am the only person in the world that doesn't walk around the house in socks. I just don't see the point. Same thing with wearing shoes in the house. Unless you're going somewhere, or have some sort of OCD that makes you think you're going to snag a toenail, I don't see the point of wearing shoes indoors. It's a pretty normal thing. Maybe you guys are just buying cheap socks if they keep wearing as often as they seem to.
                                Don't pay any attention to the evil spirited and dead of heart. They're not worth your time.
                                Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                • avatar
                                  • 2 years 5 months ago
                                  • Posts: 4570
                                  LOL maybe we should do a separate thread on socks.

                                  I can't stand wearing socks unless I'm wearing shoes. Some people sleep in them, but I never could. Plus if you put your shoes back on all of the stuff you pick up on the floor goes in your shoes. Also they wear out faster. I can't stand taking my shoes off in other peoples house for that same reason. I think I'm going to pick up some fungus from them and it will grow in my shoes. People always say their floor is clean, but every time I end up with shit on my socks which gets in my shoes. Luckily I don't run into too many no shoes indoors freaks. I also wash my bare feet before putting my shoes on.

                                  I usually have mine on during the day because I'm in and out of the house. It seems silly to put them on and take them off 20 times during the day. Plus my feet get cold and I get lazy once I take my shoes off. My method works. My socks last and none of my shoes stink.

                                  BTW if you guy would cut your toe nails once in awhile you wouldn't go through so many socks :P
                                  Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                  • avatar
                                    • 2 years 5 months ago
                                    • Posts: 2406
                                    • Forum Mod
                                    • Editor
                                    Yeah Bassman is right haha. We need to stay on topic. If someone wants to start a thread on socks, be my guess, just no more sock posts here please!
                                    My Last Article For RetroJunk

                                    Remembering RetroJunk
                                    Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                    • avatar
                                      • 2 years 5 months ago
                                      • Posts: 5218
                                      I dont like getting Clothes for Christmas more of Video Games.
                                      Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                      • avatar
                                        • 2 years 5 months ago
                                        • Posts: 408
                                        I don't want to get Gift Cards. I prefer plain old cash that I can deposit and spend anywhere. Don't restrict me to just one store!
                                        signature The fun doesn't end here. www.retro-daze.com
                                        Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                        • avatar
                                          • 2 years 5 months ago
                                          • Posts: 2406
                                          • Forum Mod
                                          • Editor
                                          Gift cards are such a racket. Companies do way better when you purchase a gift card because A) You'll either spend over the gift card amount B) You won't use the whole amount. Either way they pocket more than the original value.

                                          On that note, I don't like getting books. Which is funny because I love to read. I'm just really picky and feel obligated when I have a brand new book laying around.
                                          My Last Article For RetroJunk

                                          Remembering RetroJunk
                                          Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                          Search