• 2 years 2 months ago
    • Posts: 578
    Just a couple of months ago, I bought SOCOM 1 for the PS2, and I was excited about going online with it. Yes I know it's late, but still it would have been my first PS2 game online. Unfortunately, when I actually got around to setting everything up due to some errors, the servers were shut down. Just days before I actually set up everything for the game.

    I'm sad now. An online experience that I just missed by a few days. :cry:
    signature
    Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
      • 2 years 2 months ago
      • Posts: 74809
      wanna know what's funny? every online-based game on the ps2 had hosted servers that only lasted for several months. that's counting the metal gear solid 3 special edition too
      Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
        • 2 years 2 months ago
        • Posts: 7419
        I can't believe you wouldn't look up any old PS2 game like that first to see if the servers were still running. I would say that, for just about any online game on a system as old as the PS2, there's a much better chance that they're not.
        TMNT wrote:
        Movin` on up!! To the East side Blah blah Blah Movin on up Gaints lol.
        Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
          • 2 years 2 months ago
          • Posts: 9844
          What did you expect?
          thecrow174: Lover of martial arts cinema.
          Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
            • 2 years 2 months ago
            • Posts: 578
            Mezase Master wrote:
            I can't believe you wouldn't look up any old PS2 game like that first to see if the servers were still running. I would say that, for just about any online game on a system as old as the PS2, there's a much better chance that they're not.


            I did look it up, and I found out that the servers were still running. That's when I started setting up the PS2 for online play. But by the time it was fully set up, the servers shut down.
            signature
            Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
              • 2 years 2 months ago
              • Posts: 7419
              Are you sure that what you read was up-to-date? I find it very hard to believe that the servers shut down while you were setting up your system.
              TMNT wrote:
              Movin` on up!! To the East side Blah blah Blah Movin on up Gaints lol.
              Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                • 2 years 2 months ago
                • Posts: 1785
                They wouldn't turn it off if anybody was still playing so you're not missing anything.

                And how long does it take to fully set up a playstation anyway? This isn't a DOS computer that you have to figure out config files and stuff.
                tangspot2 wrote:
                Mrs. stake you say some nasty on my threads. Dirty bitch
                Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                  • 2 years 2 months ago
                  • Posts: 578
                  Mezase Master wrote:
                  Are you sure that what you read was up-to-date? I find it very hard to believe that the servers shut down while you were setting up your system.


                  It was months before the actual shutdown.

                  I finished setting up the PS2 (due to lack of time) less than a week after the shut down.
                  signature
                  Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                    • 2 years 2 months ago
                    • Posts: 7419
                    So... you bought the game months ago, thinking that it had active online play, then just dicked around all that time until recently you randomly decided to try it? That's gonna happen if you wait so long.
                    TMNT wrote:
                    Movin` on up!! To the East side Blah blah Blah Movin on up Gaints lol.
                    Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                      • 2 years 2 months ago
                      • Posts: 1785
                      When did you start setting up the PS2? I mean I really wanna know.
                      tangspot2 wrote:
                      Mrs. stake you say some nasty on my threads. Dirty bitch
                      Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                        • 2 years 2 months ago
                        • Posts: 7419
                        stake n sheak wrote:
                        When did you start setting up the PS2? I mean I really wanna know.
                        Because that's definitely normal.
                        TMNT wrote:
                        Movin` on up!! To the East side Blah blah Blah Movin on up Gaints lol.
                        Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                          • 2 years 2 months ago
                          • Posts: 578
                          Mezase Master wrote:
                          So... you bought the game months ago, thinking that it had active online play, then just dicked around all that time until recently you randomly decided to try it? That's gonna happen if you wait so long.

                          No, I didn't care whether it had online play or not, because it was a budget game. But I got ecstatic when I found out the servers were still on.
                          signature
                          Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                            • 2 years 2 months ago
                            • Posts: 578
                            stake n sheak wrote:
                            When did you start setting up the PS2? I mean I really wanna know.

                            It's been set up for quite a while. I had the PS2 since 2009 and bought SOCOM in late 2011.
                            signature
                            Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                              • 2 years 2 months ago
                              • Posts: 2343
                              • Forum Mod
                              • Editor
                              Meh, you probably saved yourself the hassle of playing the same 8 people over and over.
                              Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                • 2 years 2 months ago
                                • Posts: 608
                                8)Ha! don't feel bad it. It only makes it even worse....
                                signature Scorpion WINS!

                                FATALITY
                                Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                  • 2 years 2 months ago
                                  • Posts: 1785
                                  randomuser2349 wrote:
                                  Just a couple of months ago, I bought SOCOM


                                  randomuser2349 wrote:
                                  That's when I started setting up the PS2 for online play. But by the time it was fully set up


                                  randomuser2349 wrote:
                                  I had the PS2 since 2009 and bought SOCOM in late 2011.



                                  you make my head hurt
                                  tangspot2 wrote:
                                  Mrs. stake you say some nasty on my threads. Dirty bitch
                                  Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                    • 2 years 2 months ago
                                    • Posts: 578
                                    What made my head hurt even more is this new RetroJunk glitch. Haven't you noticed that you can edit each other's answers?

                                    (If this glitch is affecting everyone, please leave a note below me)
                                    signature
                                    Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                      • 2 years 2 months ago
                                      • Posts: 578
                                      vkimo wrote:
                                      Meh, you probably saved yourself the hassle of playing the same 8 people over and over.


                                      It would have been better than playing the same 0 people over and over.
                                      signature
                                      Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                        • 2 years 2 months ago
                                        • Posts: 2343
                                        • Forum Mod
                                        • Editor
                                        randomuser2349 wrote:
                                        What made my head hurt even more is this new RetroJunk glitch. Haven't you noticed that you can edit each other's answers?

                                        (If this glitch is affecting everyone, please leave a note below me)


                                        I finally become a mod, but everyone has mod powers now. Great.
                                        Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                          • 2 years 2 months ago
                                          • Posts: 9844
                                          vkimo wrote:
                                          randomuser2349 wrote:
                                          What made my head hurt even more is this new RetroJunk glitch. Haven't you noticed that you can edit each other's answers?

                                          (If this glitch is affecting everyone, please leave a note below me)


                                          I finally become a mod, but everyone has mod powers now. Great.

                                          Only a sample.
                                          thecrow174: Lover of martial arts cinema.
                                          Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                          Search