• 1 year 5 months ago
    • Posts: 74809
    retroman wrote:
    I was talking to retrobear


    To make things easier, you can quote other users (like I did with your post here) by going to their post and clicking on the speech bubble on the bottom right of the post, that way there won't be any confusion as to who you are responding to.
    Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
      • 1 year 5 months ago
      • Posts: 702
      • Globally Banned
      I agree with everything you said
      Hoping to explore pop culture from the 20th Century with you
      Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
        • 1 year 5 months ago
        • Posts: 702
        • Globally Banned
        OK
        Hoping to explore pop culture from the 20th Century with you
        Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
          • 1 year 5 months ago
          • Posts: 4515
          Ghost of Vapor wrote:
          bassman21 wrote:
          Here in Texas that was what every kid drank. I stopped drinking it when they switched to HFCS.


          It was a company in your state that was the last to bottle original formula Dr Pepper.
          http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/11612

          I didn't even know about Dublin Dr Pepper until the law suit. If I did I would have bought it long ago. Dr Pepper didn't like that they were selling their real sugar formula outside of their approve territory. In the end Dublin lost and had to stop making it after more than 120 years. Basically just a bunch of greedy corporate bullshit. You know and I know that was a small market. There is still a plant that sells the real sugar formula here in Texas, but I have yet to see it in the stores. This and what they did to the Snapple lady I will not be buying anything from the Dr Pepper Snapple Group.

          retroman wrote:
          OK

          Dude please use the edit button and stop replying over and over again.
          Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
            • 1 year 5 months ago
            • Posts: 134
            • Globally Banned
            Ranking the years of the 90s based on: Music, movies, video games, television and other pop culture stuff.

            10. 1991 - This is probably one of the more popular years of the 90s, but here it takes the unfortunate job of closing out last place. To its credit the year may represent the landscape of rock music changing but after that, it's just a good year in an awesome decade.

            9. 1993 - It's tempting to call this year, the dinosaur year. Obviously, the first Jurassic Park film came out this year. Plus, although Dinosaurs and Barney and Friends didn't start this year, they were a big part of this era. A little known fact, through the popularity of this year's Dennis The Menace film came the eventual release of the 80s Dinosaur Hunter counterpart. Also remember Mrs Doubtfire anyone? Robin Williams even plays with dinosaurs in this film.

            8. 1990 - A decent year for music and television. The release of Home Alone this year is also a plus. However, I can't help but think it's outclassed by later years.

            7. 1994 - The Lion King, Ace Ventura and still an okay year for grunge. It's hard not to appreciate this year. However, after analysis it really doesn't seem to be the stand-out year I thought it was.

            6. 1998 - Unless you lived in Japan, this is when Pokemon started and what an impact it had. It's also roughly the time the Attitude era became in full swing and for that it's hard to keep it out of the top half.

            5. 1992 - The beginning of Goosebumps and a great year for grunge fans. I also wish to make a shout out to Tab Clear and Crystal Pepsi of the clear cola movement.

            4. 1995 - It's hard to downplay the rise of PlayStation. There are other good things about this year, but this fact alone secures it a place in the top half. That, and the start menu, first seen in Windows 95 of course.

            3. 1996 - Dunston Checks In and other good movies came out this year and it's hard not to like the line-up of shows available on television this year. This was also the beginning of Crash Bandicoot.

            2. 1999 - This year delivers in so many categories. Music-wise it may have had Vengaboys offerings, but Alice In Chains did release Music Bank this year, so grunge/metal fans weren't in a complete drought. Movies - 10 Things I Hate About You has a legacy as a film for a reason. In fact, it was so good that it's hard to imagine only putting it in second place but there is one year that was just ace.

            1. 1997 - I can't think of a better year of pop culture history. Say what you want about Hanson, but they actually contribute to the year's first place finish. R&B fans had Janet Jackson's The Velvet Rope, and even grunge fans could still enjoy a little Soundgarden this year - not much, but a little. This is also the one year where Radiohead, Faith No More and Days Of The New all released studio material. It doesn't just stop at music though. Titanic was a big success for a reason and it's hard not to smile at the fact that the theme song for The Teletubbies reached number one on the UK songs chart.
            Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
              • 1 year 5 months ago
              • Posts: 702
              • Globally Banned
              Orangejuice90s wrote:
              Ranking the years of the 90s based on: Music, movies, video games, television and other pop culture stuff.

              10. 1991 - This is probably one of the more popular years of the 90s, but here it takes the unfortunate job of closing out last place. To its credit the year may represent the landscape of rock music changing but after that, it's just a good year in an awesome decade.

              9. 1993 - It's tempting to call this year, the dinosaur year. Obviously, the first Jurassic Park film came out this year. Plus, although Dinosaurs and Barney and Friends didn't start this year, they were a big part of this era. A little known fact, through the popularity of this year's Dennis The Menace film came the eventual release of the 80s Dinosaur Hunter counterpart. Also remember Mrs Doubtfire anyone? Robin Williams even plays with dinosaurs in this film.

              8. 1990 - A decent year for music and television. The release of Home Alone this year is also a plus. However, I can't help but think it's outclassed by later years.

              7. 1994 - The Lion King, Ace Ventura and still an okay year for grunge. It's hard not to appreciate this year. However, after analysis it really doesn't seem to be the stand-out year I thought it was.

              6. 1998 - Unless you lived in Japan, this is when Pokemon started and what an impact it had. It's also roughly the time the Attitude era became in full swing and for that it's hard to keep it out of the top half.

              5. 1992 - The beginning of Goosebumps and a great year for grunge fans. I also wish to make a shout out to Tab Clear and Crystal Pepsi of the clear cola movement.

              4. 1995 - It's hard to downplay the rise of PlayStation. There are other good things about this year, but this fact alone secures it a place in the top half. That, and the start menu, first seen in Windows 95 of course.

              3. 1996 - Dunston Checks In and other good movies came out this year and it's hard not to like the line-up of shows available on television this year. This was also the beginning of Crash Bandicoot.

              2. 1999 - This year delivers in so many categories. Music-wise it may have had Vengaboys offerings, but Alice In Chains did release Music Bank this year, so grunge/metal fans weren't in a complete drought. Movies - 10 Things I Hate About You has a legacy as a film for a reason. In fact, it was so good that it's hard to imagine only putting it in second place but there is one year that was just ace.

              1. 1997 - I can't think of a better year of pop culture history. Say what you want about Hanson, but they actually contribute to the year's first place finish. R&B fans had Janet Jackson's The Velvet Rope, and even grunge fans could still enjoy a little Soundgarden this year - not much, but a little. This is also the one year where Radiohead, Faith No More and Days Of The New all released studio material. It doesn't just stop at music though. Titanic was a big success for a reason and it's hard not to smile at the fact that the theme song for The Teletubbies reached number one on the UK songs chart.

              I agree with you on good movies in 1996 1995 1993 and 1990. 1995 was also a big year of CGI in cinema from Casper to Babe to Toy Story
              Hoping to explore pop culture from the 20th Century with you
              Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                • 1 year 1 month ago
                • Posts: 262
                The 90s, hmmmm, I don't know... They weren't that great except that they were the best years of my life!!!
                Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                  • 1 year 1 month ago
                  • Posts: 1671
                  w
                  tangspot2 wrote:
                  Mrs. stake you say some nasty on my threads. Dirty bitch
                  Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                  Search
                  Users Online