• 2 years 13 days ago
    • Posts: 38
    A Christmas Story 2 comes out on dvd on October 30. I found out about this at yahoo.com. When I found out about it and read it, I said to myself, WTF?
    Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
      • 2 years 13 days ago
      • Posts: 74809
      kids like you should be fine with seeing unofficial sequels. godforbid we got like a dozen of them last decade
      Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
        • 2 years 12 days ago
        • Posts: 9566
        If it's not a theatrical film, forget it!
        There is a battle between two wolves inside us all.

        One is evil and the other one is good. Which wolf will win? The one you feed the most.

        http://unbelievableyou.com/a-native-american-cherokee-story-two-wolves/
        Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
          • 2 years 12 days ago
          • Posts: 613
          I saw the official image for this (thinking it was some kind of joke) and it just looks atrocious. Also, I always thought the sequel to A Christmas Story was My Summer Story (which I never really saw, but heard wasn't really good either).

          Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
            • 2 years 12 days ago
            • Posts: 613
            They already ruined Christmas Vacation with a crappy sequel, so I guess they figured "Why not A Christmas Story, too?"

            It irks me more that Brian Levant (who has made more lousy films than I can count) is directing this.

            Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
              • 2 years 12 days ago
              • Posts: 824
              If you don't watch it, how is anything ruined?
              Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                • 2 years 12 days ago
                • Posts: 373
                PixarFan88 wrote:
                They already ruined Christmas Vacation with a crappy sequel, so I guess they figured "Why not A Christmas Story, too?"

                It irks me more that Brian Levant (who has made more lousy films than I can count) is directing this.


                So when they made the sequel they went back in time and changed the original? Remaking or adding a sequel to an old movie doesn't ruin anything. The old movie is still the same movie it always was. I personally have always considered My Summer Story (It runs in the family) as the official sequel to A christmas Story. It has the same writer and director and I enjoy it. A Christmas Story is not only my favorite Christmas movie but one of my favorite movies all together. If they can capture the simplicity of the first movie and allow the story itself to be the driving force of the film I'm more than willing to give it a go. If I don't like it, I still have the original to fall back on.

                Jean Sheppard being a writer of this gives me promise as since she's be dead for 13 years I'm guessing they are following the same stories that Bob Clark used to make the first 2 movies. But at the same time Jean wont be around to offer suggestions. Plus Daniel Stern as the Narrator (Old Man) is just a great choice.
                The class is Pain 101. Your instructor is Casey Jones.
                Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                  • 2 years 12 days ago
                  • Posts: 1181
                  Isn't My Summer Story already the "sequel" to A Christmas Story?
                  Who the fuck wants to watch A Christmas Story 2?
                  Ed:An Apple A Day Keeps The Bus Driver Away!

                  Check out my Youtube page.Full of classic commercials from the 80s,90s,and 00s.

                  http://www.youtube.com/user/AtlantaCommercials96/videos
                  Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                    • 2 years 12 days ago
                    • Posts: 373
                    AtlantaCommercials wrote:
                    Isn't My Summer Story already the "sequel" to A Christmas Story?
                    Who the fuck wants to watch A Christmas Story 2?


                    Someone didn't read the rest of the thread. :lol:
                    The class is Pain 101. Your instructor is Casey Jones.
                    Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                      • 2 years 11 days ago
                      • Posts: 613
                      Casey_Jones wrote:
                      PixarFan88 wrote:
                      They already ruined Christmas Vacation with a crappy sequel, so I guess they figured "Why not A Christmas Story, too?"

                      It irks me more that Brian Levant (who has made more lousy films than I can count) is directing this.


                      So when they made the sequel they went back in time and changed the original? Remaking or adding a sequel to an old movie doesn't ruin anything. The old movie is still the same movie it always was.


                      I guess that makes sense. I just do not understand why people keep making sequels to films 20+ years after they have been released.

                      Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                        • 2 years 11 days ago
                        • Posts: 373
                        PixarFan88 wrote:
                        Casey_Jones wrote:
                        PixarFan88 wrote:
                        They already ruined Christmas Vacation with a crappy sequel, so I guess they figured "Why not A Christmas Story, too?"

                        It irks me more that Brian Levant (who has made more lousy films than I can count) is directing this.


                        So when they made the sequel they went back in time and changed the original? Remaking or adding a sequel to an old movie doesn't ruin anything. The old movie is still the same movie it always was.


                        I guess that makes sense. I just do not understand why people keep making sequels to films 20+ years after they have been released.


                        The class is Pain 101. Your instructor is Casey Jones.
                        Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                          • 2 years 7 days ago
                          • Posts: 587
                          ahh hell no..bet it's direct to DVD dreck. The Christmas Vacation sequels were both horrid, so not much hope for this either.
                          http://violencevisceravixens.wordpress.com/
                          Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                            • 1 year 11 months ago
                            • Posts: 2171
                            They actually made Ollie Hoopnoodles Haven of bliss or something like that as a sequel to A Christmas Story, THEN It runs in the family THEN this new one.
                            :)
                            Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                            Search