• avatar
    • 2 years 5 months ago
    • Posts: 1928
    Orangejuice90s wrote:
    sharkbate wrote:
    i would say that what makes a true 00's kid is growing up in the age of the internet

    That's not how it works. There are people in Africa that still don't use the internet.

    I'm pretty sure those people do not give one half a flying shit what decade category they "belong to" or what "true __0s kid" they are.
    tangspot2 wrote:
    Mrs. stake you say some nasty on my threads. Dirty bitch
    Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
    • avatar
      • 2 years 5 months ago
      • Posts: 328
      i couldn't agree more
      Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
      • avatar
        • 2 years 5 months ago
        • Posts: 10132
        If you still watch MTV for the reality shows, you're a 2000's kid.
        thecrow174: Lover of martial arts cinema.
        Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
          • 2 years 5 months ago
          • Posts: 134
          • Globally Banned
          stake n sheak wrote:
          Orangejuice90s wrote:

          Childhood is 4-10 and doesn't include 11 and 12 contrary to belief as explained above, although anyone who turned 7 1/2 in a decade is a child of that decade per rule of majority.

          Yknow, I really don't mean to keep attacking you, but you keep making all these specious claims with no backup. Who, other than your very own self, defines childhood specifically and solely as ages 4-10?

          Random House Dictionary wrote:
          child [chahyld] noun, plural chil·dren. 1. a person between birth and full growth; a boy or girl: books for children. ...
          3. a baby or infant.
          child·hood [chahyld-hood] noun1. the state or period of being a child.


          wikipaedia wrote:
          The term childhood is non-specific and can imply a varying range of years in human development. Developmentally and biologically, it refers to the period between infancy and adulthood. In common terms, childhood is considered to start from birth. Some consider that childhood, as a concept of play and innocence, ends at adolescence. In the legal systems of many countries, there is an age of majority when childhood officially ends and a person legally becomes an adult. The age ranges anywhere from 15 to 21, with 18 being the most common.


          So by your reasoning a baby is going to school? Also, by your reasoning a seventeen year old is too young to drive a car? Because that's what your posts for "child" seem to imply. Twist it how you want, biology doesn't support what you say. Perhaps "child" isn't the best way to define 4-10, but either way, it is what it is. Just so you know, anyone can edit Wikipedia including vandals. So don't worry you're not really "attacking" me, just posting inaccurate statements.
          Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
            • 2 years 5 months ago
            • Posts: 134
            • Globally Banned
            thecrow174 wrote:
            If you still watch MTV for the reality shows, you're a 2000's kid.


            No, if you spent the most time being 4-10 in the 2000s, you're a 2000s kid. The 2000s is January 1st, 2000 to December 31st, 2009. A decade refers to 10 years, not an item of pop culture which could be relevant for two years, seventeen years or fifty years.
            Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
              • 2 years 5 months ago
              • Posts: 134
              • Globally Banned
              stake n sheak wrote:
              Orangejuice90s wrote:
              sharkbate wrote:
              i would say that what makes a true 00's kid is growing up in the age of the internet

              That's not how it works. There are people in Africa that still don't use the internet.

              I'm pretty sure those people do not give one half a flying shit what decade category they "belong to" or what "true __0s kid" they are.


              I'm pretty sure they're people too who live in this world. Besides, some Americans started out life in Africa.
              Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
              • avatar
                • 2 years 5 months ago
                • Posts: 10132
                Why was this topic created? It's far from relevant.
                thecrow174: Lover of martial arts cinema.
                Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                  • 2 years 5 months ago
                  • Posts: 134
                  • Globally Banned
                  thecrow174 wrote:
                  Why was this topic created? It's far from relevant.


                  This topic was related to what makes a true 00s kid. The comments I'm seeing are relevant. A true 00s kid spent the most time being 4-10 in the 2000s which ran from January 1st, 2000 to December 31st, 2009.
                  Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                  • avatar
                    • 2 years 5 months ago
                    • Posts: 328
                    yeah also there is far too much quoting going on
                    Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                      • 2 years 5 months ago
                      • Posts: 134
                      • Globally Banned
                      sharkbate wrote:
                      yeah also there is far too much quoting going on


                      It's just a guess but I think steak n sheak might just be insecure about what decade he spent the majority of his childhood in. As long as you had good experiences, regardless of whether it was 1997 or 2007, there's nothing for him to really worry about.
                      Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                      • avatar
                        • 2 years 5 months ago
                        • Posts: 10132
                        I'm guessing steak n sheak didn't have a happy childhood, which would explain why he acts the way he does.
                        thecrow174: Lover of martial arts cinema.
                        Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                        • avatar
                          • 2 years 5 months ago
                          • Posts: 1928
                          Orangejuice90s wrote:
                          I'm pretty sure they're people too who live in this world. Besides, some Americans started out life in Africa.
                          Believe it or not there's a lot of people who live in this world, who don't obsess over delineating decades and what they say about them as people. This is strictly a first-world concept, (not even a problem or concern, barely even a thought worth having), and if somebody living in Africa doesn't have internet access, they are decidedly not in the first world. Please go to somewhere in Africa where the only long-distance communication anybody has access to is a solar- or crank-powered cell phone (or less) and ask the people there what they think about being "true 90s kids" or something like that. I promise you will get very strange looks.

                          My only worry here is that you are polluting society by spreading such ideas, and one day I will meet someone in the real world who thinks seriously about such garbage and wants to talk about it.

                          Orangejuice90s wrote:
                          It's just a guess but I think steak n sheak might just be insecure about what decade he spent the majority of his childhood in. As long as you had good experiences, regardless of whether it was 1997 or 2007, there's nothing for him to really worry about.

                          No, you are the one who is insecure, because you think it's worth time to define what decades people belong to. I never even thought about such total bullshit until I came here to read about old toys and stuff and found a bunch of wack jobs thinking it matters what decade is their heritage or something, and they should take pride and claim that they are "true _0s kid" while other wack jobs say "no you are actually a (_+1)0s kid." If that wasn't clear enough, let me spell it out even more: IT DOESN'T MATTER.

                          My childhood was fine and has nothing to do with this. I "act the way I do" (angry) because navel-gazing decade theory masturbation is freakin' stupid as hell and stupidity makes me angry and it's fun to call it out, lmao
                          tangspot2 wrote:
                          Mrs. stake you say some nasty on my threads. Dirty bitch
                          Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                            • 2 years 5 months ago
                            • Posts: 134
                            • Globally Banned
                            stake n sheak wrote:
                            Orangejuice90s wrote:
                            I'm pretty sure they're people too who live in this world. Besides, some Americans started out life in Africa.


                            Believe it or not there's a lot of people who live in this world, who don't obsess over delineating decades and what they say about them as people. This is strictly a first-world concept, (not even a problem or concern, barely even a thought worth having), and if somebody living in Africa doesn't have internet access, they are decidedly not in the first world.

                            Orangejuice90s wrote:
                            It's just a guess but I think steak n sheak might just be insecure about what decade he spent the majority of his childhood in. As long as you had good experiences, regardless of whether it was 1997 or 2007, there's nothing for him to really worry about.

                            No, you are the one who is insecure, because you think it's worth time to define what decades people belong to. I never even thought about such total bullshit until I came here to read about old toys and stuff and found a bunch of wack jobs thinking it matters what decade is their heritage or something, and they should take pride and claim that they are "true _0s kid" while other wack jobs say "no you are actually a (_+1)0s kid." If that wasn't clear enough, let me spell it out even more: IT DOESN'T MATTER.

                            My childhood was fine and has nothing to do with this. I "act the way I do" (angry) because navel-gazing decade theory masturbation is freakin' stupid as hell and stupidity makes me angry and it's fun to call it out.


                            1. What about someone in Japan? There is high standard living outside of United States you know?
                            2. I'm not insecure, because I am proud of the years I experienced and even if I could trade them for different years, I wouldn't.
                            3. Some people study music, and they have a right to do so. Some people study planets, and they have a right to do so. Others study decades and guess what - they have a right to do so, especially on a pop culture website like this.
                            Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                            • avatar
                              • 2 years 5 months ago
                              • Posts: 1928
                              Orangejuice90s wrote:
                              1. What about someone in Japan? There is high standard living outside of United States you know?
                              2. I'm not insecure, because I am proud of the years I experienced and even if I could trade them for different years, I wouldn't.
                              3. Some people study music, and they have a right to do so. Some people study planets, and they have a right to do so. Others study decades and guess what - they have a right to do so, especially on a pop culture website like this.

                              1. Where the topic of non-US countries or continents come from? A suggestion that 00s kid grew up in age of internet? I'm pretty sure they have The Internet in Japan. I never said anything about US as opposed to the rest of the world and nothing I've written here even implies that I am definitely in America. (I am, but it's not relevant.)
                              2. Why are you proud of being alive at a certain point in time? Be proud of things you have done. Not that your parents had a baby on xx date and you've managed to eat and rest enough to continue existing so far.
                              3. I will back off if you explain your so-called studies beyond authoritatively spewing mindless platitudes about what decade people "are from." Music is important. It expresses passion, it has cultural impact and significance, it can affect society (see: the emergence of jazz or rock 'n' roll.) Astronomy is important. It created planets and stars and therefore life itself, it is a driver of technology, it is a science that has been around for thousands of years. The chance to proclaim "I am a child of the _0s" and niggle over July 1, 1992 or 1993 is not important.


                              Orangejuice90s wrote:
                              So by your reasoning a baby is going to school? Also, by your reasoning a seventeen year old is too young to drive a car? Because that's what your posts for "child" seem to imply. Twist it how you want, biology doesn't support what you say. Perhaps "child" isn't the best way to define 4-10, but either way, it is what it is. Just so you know, anyone can edit Wikipedia including vandals. So don't worry you're not really "attacking" me, just posting inaccurate statements.

                              No. WTF? You talk about me twisting things how I want right after coming up with crazy stuff like that and putting those words in my mouth? lol
                              A child is someone who is not yet an adult. This includes babies and teenagers and all in between. A professional sociologist might apply further granulation but it is affected by social culture and such distinctions are invalid in societies that don't recognize them. (Simply look at old Jewish tradition, in which a child becomes an adult on their 13th birthday.)

                              Regarding wikipedia, I only included that to expand on the dictionary definition, with which it aligns perfectly. If you think that text is vandalized, disprove it. You're just putting forth more banalities. If you think what I say is inaccurate, I ask you again to prove the accuracy of your own statements. I've asked you before and you ignore it, because you can't. Sputtering "That is what it is" is the best you can do. Point me to a source other than some nebulous "common sense" that defines childhood as strictly ages 4 to 10. I dare you. Then go edit some lies into wikipedia and link to it here so we can see how long before it is reverted by the contributors there. I have observed them to be quite vigilant. At least I am citing something. You refuse.
                              tangspot2 wrote:
                              Mrs. stake you say some nasty on my threads. Dirty bitch
                              Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                • 2 years 5 months ago
                                • Posts: 134
                                • Globally Banned
                                stake n sheak wrote:
                                Orangejuice90s wrote:
                                1. What about someone in Japan? There is high standard living outside of United States you know?
                                2. I'm not insecure, because I am proud of the years I experienced and even if I could trade them for different years, I wouldn't.
                                3. Some people study music, and they have a right to do so. Some people study planets, and they have a right to do so. Others study decades and guess what - they have a right to do so, especially on a pop culture website like this.

                                1. Where the topic of non-US countries or continents come from? A suggestion that 00s kid grew up in age of internet? I'm pretty sure they have The Internet in Japan. I never said anything about US as opposed to the rest of the world and nothing I've written here even implies that I am definitely in America. (I am, but it's not relevant.)
                                2. Why are you proud of being alive at a certain point in time? Be proud of things you have done. Not that your parents had a baby on xx date and you've managed to eat and rest enough to continue existing so far.
                                3. I will back off if you explain your so-called studies beyond authoritatively spewing mindless platitudes about what decade people "are from." Music is important. It expresses passion, it has cultural impact and significance, it can affect society (see: the emergence of jazz or rock 'n' roll.) Astronomy is important. It created planets and stars and therefore life itself, it is a driver of technology, it is a science that has been around for thousands of years. The chance to proclaim "I am a child of the _0s" and niggle over July 1, 1992 or 1993 is not important.


                                Orangejuice90s wrote:
                                So by your reasoning a baby is going to school? Also, by your reasoning a seventeen year old is too young to drive a car? Because that's what your posts for "child" seem to imply. Twist it how you want, biology doesn't support what you say. Perhaps "child" isn't the best way to define 4-10, but either way, it is what it is. Just so you know, anyone can edit Wikipedia including vandals. So don't worry you're not really "attacking" me, just posting inaccurate statements.

                                No. WTF? You talk about me twisting things how I want right after coming up with crazy stuff like that and putting those words in my mouth? lol
                                A child is someone who is not yet an adult. This includes babies and teenagers and all in between. A professional sociologist might apply further granulation but it is affected by social culture and such distinctions are invalid in societies that don't recognize them. (Simply look at old Jewish tradition, in which a child becomes an adult on their 13th birthday.)

                                Regarding wikipedia, I only included that to expand on the dictionary definition, with which it aligns perfectly. If you think that text is vandalized, disprove it. You're just putting forth more banalities. If you think what I say is inaccurate, I ask you again to prove the accuracy of your own statements. I've asked you before and you ignore it, because you can't. Sputtering "That is what it is" is the best you can do. Point me to a source other than some nebulous "common sense" that defines childhood as strictly ages 4 to 10. I dare you. Then go edit some lies into wikipedia and link to it here so we can see how long before it is reverted by the contributors there. I have observed them to be quite vigilant. At least I am citing something. You refuse.


                                1. There is more in the world than just Japan and Africa, but I'm saying some countries may fit the in between, they are not in poverty but they get the internet at a later date than the USA. I know Japan would not be such a case, but I'm just getting you to understand that you should consider more than just USA and Africa, which I just used as an example to show that not everyone gets the internet in the same year.
                                2. I am proud of the things I have done, but some of them couldn't have happened if I had different dates. For example, how could I talk to people on the world wide web in 1974?
                                3. It's not just about who's a 90s kid or who's a 00s kid. By extension, it's a part of history. For example, if we conclude that someone born in 1986 is a 90s kid we could conclude that there is a good chance they read Goosebumps books, or were at least aware of the franchise.
                                4. You kind of seem insecure because you say that you don't care about what decade kid you are, but then act desperate for 4-10 to be wrong. If you are so worried about when your childhood was, learn to appreciate what you did. Don't contradict yourself. If you really can't believe it's true, ask a biologist. Do you really think someone needs a shiny gold certificate to have common sense?
                                Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                • avatar
                                  • 2 years 5 months ago
                                  • Posts: 1928
                                  Orangejuice90s wrote:
                                  1. There is more in the world than just Japan and Africa, but I'm saying some countries may fit the in between, they are not in poverty but they get the internet at a later date than the USA. I know Japan would not be such a case, but I'm just getting you to understand that you should consider more than just USA and Africa, which I just used as an example to show that not everyone gets the internet in the same year.

                                  For the second time at least, I never considered or brought up USA or Africa or any other location in particular. Only responded to what other people said. I speak of the whole world when I say be proud of what you have done, not what you had no control over. Go somewhere, whether it's in Africa or not, where internet access is still uncommon among any but the perhaps highest classes, and ask someone there to tell you if they are a true 00s kid [or something similar.] Watch what a strange, unfamiliar repsonse you will get. That whole concept, while possibly useful in inconsequential conversation about what pop culture you or I or we enjoyed, has extremely little worth in the face of what adults in society at large care about whether in America or elsewhere.

                                  Orangejuice90s wrote:
                                  2. I am proud of the things I have done, but some of them couldn't have happened if I had different dates. For example, how could I talk to people on the world wide web in 1974?

                                  So you are proud of talking to people on the internet. If you were alive in 1974, does that prevent you from doing it today? Are you also proud to live in a world where the sky is blue? Enjoy the cartoons of your youth either in reminiscence or rewatching, but do not be proud to have merely seen them. Watching is not doing.

                                  Orangejuice90s wrote:
                                  3. It's not just about who's a 90s kid or who's a 00s kid. By extension, it's a part of history. For example, if we conclude that someone born in 1986 is a 90s kid we could conclude that there is a good chance they read Goosebumps books, or were at least aware of the franchise.

                                  True enough...in America. Since you insist on nitpicking about it though, I find it necessary to point out, by your own advice, know that this is far less likely in Brazil, or China, or Finland, or Namibia.

                                  Orangejuice90s wrote:
                                  4. You kind of seem insecure because you say that you don't care about what decade kid you are, but then act desperate for 4-10 to be wrong. If you are so worried about when your childhood was, learn to appreciate what you did. Don't contradict yourself. If you really can't believe it's true, ask a biologist. Do you really think someone needs a shiny gold certificate to have common sense?

                                  I'm not desperate for you to be wrong, I'm desperate for you to prove the things that you say with something other than your own certainty, in the interest of informative discourse which you incorrectly pretend to put forth. Nor am I worried about when my childhood was, until I saw some forum poster presenting an overarching rule for everyone in the world--apparently, since you keep telling me unprovoked to consider the entire world and not just America--presenting this with pretend--apparently, since you have put forth no qualifications--authority and zero recognized attainment that you are willing to disclose thus far despite repeated questioning.

                                  You say childhood is 4-10, full stop, always. I feel like my childhood was maybe from birth or 3 years old, to 13 or 17, or even something else depending on how one wants to look at it. I don't think I personally know any biologists to bring this inane question to, so to save some time, allow me to consult humanbiology.com. There I may view selected portions of the textbook Biology of Humans, including the glossary, which defines "childhood" as: The stage in postnatal development that runs from about 13 months to 12 or 13 years of age. It is a time of continued growth during which gross and fine motor skills improve and coping skills develop. With the exception of the reproductive system, organ systems become fully functional.

                                  There. You are wrong. According to the Random House Unabridged Dictionary of the English Language; wikipedia which is acceptable as an informal source for something as heady as a forum called "retrojunk" and doubly so since they require citations (which you will not or cannot give) for a reason; and some biologist who is respected enough to be allowed to write a textbook used in higher education. Common sense does not require a shiny gold certificate, but it may not be so common if it contradicts one. Now please stop spreading inaccurate information with the implied proclamation that it is indisputable fact.
                                  tangspot2 wrote:
                                  Mrs. stake you say some nasty on my threads. Dirty bitch
                                  Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                    • 2 years 5 months ago
                                    • Posts: 134
                                    • Globally Banned
                                    [quote=stake n sheak]
                                    Orangejuice90s wrote:


                                    Chances are, you are just choosing to believe human biology is correct and assume I'm wrong because their definition of 13 months to 12 would give you more time in your favorite decade. It's contradictory to say I'm wrong when you give age 3 to 13 or 17, which itself is different from the human biology source. I could go to a country outside of USA and Africa that might have acquired the internet five years later than the USA that is in between USA and Africa in terms of life quality, that is my whole point. Some countries have internet access like the USA today, but got it later. If I was alive at high school and college in 1974 , I would have missed out on having internet access in my teenage and young adult years.
                                    Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                    • avatar
                                      • 2 years 5 months ago
                                      • Posts: 1928
                                      Orangejuice90s wrote:
                                      Chances are, you are just choosing to believe human biology is correct and assume I'm wrong because their definition of 13 months to 12 would give you more time in your favorite decade.

                                      :shock:
                                      OK...I...I don't even...what?
                                      You told me to ask a goddamn biologist. Sorry I didn't have one to hand. Are you a biologist, should I ask you, because you are the only person who knows the truth? I'm "choosing to believe" a fucking real biology text book, because it's a verifiable source. Tell you what, I'll just lie, it's as good as anything you've written here: "Hey, I asked a biologist and he disagrees with you." There, happy? I don't know how many times I have asked you to back up your absolutist ungrounded statements with any kind of source now, but it's enough that it is clear that you cannot. I've given two verified sources plus wikipedia, you've given zero. Two to zero. Maybe three, that's up to the ref since you argue the third. Either way I win.

                                      "more time in my favorite decade" -- see this is what I'm on about. All of your lists and numbers act like people are fighting to claim "decade heritage" or something and say "I'm from this decade or that" and there's a limited amount of decade slots to go around and you're here to make sure people are correctly reporting their, uh, decadology? I don't know, you're the one "studying" this, you tell me what the proper terminology is. Anyway slapfighting about that stuff is fuckin' dumb, and you're contributing to it. Stop.

                                      What I tell a stranger on the internet has no affect whatsoever on my life experiences. I'm not even really sure what you're trying to say, because what it sounds like to me is in my opinion very ridiculous. But that's nothing new for things you say so I'll take it at that: If I tell you something about time that is not true, it doesn't affect what has really happened. It does not "give me more time" in my favorite decade. In any case, I was born in November at the end of a decade. For 44 weeks out of the year, my age ends with the same digit as the year. According to your own pulled-out-of-your-ass layout, I stopped being a child right at the very end of a decade, so any way you can accuse me of wanting to twist it doesn't...make my childhood exist more within a particular decade. But we mainly go on about pop culture here, and since I can easily get my hands on any multimedia content I want, so trying to claim a decade out of turn doesn't give me some kind of advantage anyway! Is that what you mean? I really don't know what "having more time in my favorite decade" would do.

                                      OK, first sentence down. Jeet Christ; onward.

                                      Orangejuice90s wrote:
                                      It's contradictory to say I'm wrong when you give age 3 to 13 or 17, which itself is different from the human biology source.

                                      I quoted a biology source, as you requested, and it says postnatal to 12 or 13. I said birth as one beginning point of childhood, and 13 as one ending point, perfectly in line with that. I also said 3 and 17...3 to move the time away from birth, because 3 is around when most peoples' brains develop enough to where they can have memories of that time much later. It's my guess that's why you made up 4, but I remember much of being younger than 4. and 17 because that's when most people have to start thinking about no longer being dependent on their parents. That period, to me, is conscious and pre-adult youth. A childhood. Not in the scientific sense, an opinion. Put it another way, I view childhood as the time when you're a kid. I consider 14 or 15 years old still a kid. Maybe even older. (If you are about to say this is incorrect, please say why.) That is why I contradict you, because you present some numbers as fact when they are really your opinion. I illustrated my opinion to demonstrate why yours is not in fact factual. At your request, I also consulted a scientific source (i.e. facts) that disagrees with you. Rather than finding one that does not disagree with you, or discussing merits thereof, you stick your fingers in your ears and say it doesn't count because, well, I really don't know why. But it amounts to "La la la, I can't hear you!" Sure you're not still a child yourself?
                                      tangspot2 wrote:
                                      Mrs. stake you say some nasty on my threads. Dirty bitch
                                      Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                      • avatar
                                        • 2 years 5 months ago
                                        • Posts: 1928
                                        Orangejuice90s wrote:
                                        I could go to a country outside of USA and Africa that might have acquired the internet five years later than the USA that is in between USA and Africa in terms of life quality, that is my whole point. Some countries have internet access like the USA today, but got it later.

                                        Everybody knows this. What nobody knows is, why you're harping on it. The age of the internet, or The Information Age, does not cover different years in different countries, just like The Atomic Age does not and The Industrial Age does not. PS these are more terms taken from real textbooks, but you can go ahead and say they don't count if you want

                                        Orangejuice90s wrote:
                                        If I was alive at high school and college in 1974 , I would have missed out on having internet access in my teenage and young adult years.

                                        and what, that's special to you? OK, I guess. I'm not seeing the significance of having internet in your teenage years as opposed to later. I could see if you are looking forward to all the developments that will happen in your lifetime, that's a cool reason to be glad of being young when the internet was around. Personally I'm glad I made a jackass of myself on the internet 20 years ago instead of 20 hours ago, but to each his own.

                                        I'm tired of repeating myself. Be happy to continue if you would engage debate and not be so selective in which things you will answer and which you won't, but you're clearly incapable of this. Unless you reply with something interesting, I'm done with this conversation until the next thread you pop up in with your weird agenda and pointless formalization of decadism.
                                        tangspot2 wrote:
                                        Mrs. stake you say some nasty on my threads. Dirty bitch
                                        Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                          • 2 years 5 months ago
                                          • Posts: 134
                                          • Globally Banned
                                          @ steak n sheak Some people enter puberty as early as eight, some as late as fourteen, but in general it's eleven/twelve. Also, like you said people don't have developed enough minds to recall events at one or two and if they do, they are vague. You don't start to truly recall things until three/four and even then, some people claim to not remember even that far back. So whether it's 3-11 or 4-10, it doesn't change July 1982-June 1992, July 1992-June 20002 etc.

                                          That is one thing those books failed to do. They didn't make the distinction between a 1 year old that doesn't remember experiencing life and a 4 year old that does.

                                          If everyone knows the the internet was accessed in different years in different countries don't say a 2000s kid is someone who grew up in the internet age unless you want to look wrong, because the way Americans saw the internet in the year 2000, for another country that could be the 2005.
                                          Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                          Search
                                          Users Online