• 2 years 2 months ago
    • Posts: 1715
    randomuser2349 wrote:
    Rule 34, yiff popularity),
    Even among the few people who know what those are, not many are actual participants.
    tangspot2 wrote:
    Mrs. stake you say some nasty on my threads. Dirty bitch
    Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
      • 2 years 2 months ago
      • Posts: 1219
      When a problem comes along, You must yiff it.
      Before the cream sets out too long, You must yiff it.
      When something's goin' wrong, You must yiff it.
      signature*WARNING: The above post may be highly opinionated, read at your own risk.

      Gee Caspah, you're a twicky one!
      Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
        • 2 years 2 months ago
        • Posts: 561
        stake n sheak wrote:
        randomuser2349 wrote:
        Rule 34, yiff popularity),
        Even among the few people who know what those are, not many are actual participants.

        You mean furries?
        Yeah, I know not most furries don't do that. Yiff just means furry porn.
        But as for rule 34, you have no idea what you can run into without even looking up any sexually explicit tags. And it shows up even on strict Safesearch.....
        signature
        Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
          • 2 years 2 months ago
          • Posts: 1715
          randomuser2349 wrote:
          stake n sheak wrote:
          randomuser2349 wrote:
          Rule 34, yiff popularity),
          Even among the few people who know what those are, not many are actual participants.

          You mean furries?
          Yeah, I know not most furries don't do that. Yiff just means furry porn.
          But as for rule 34, you have no idea what you can run into without even looking up any sexually explicit tags. And it shows up even on strict Safesearch.....
          What I'm saying is that doesn't make it a defining feature of the decade. Let's say 5% of people in the real world even have any idea what those things are (probably less). Most of those are like me and only know about those things because of running into people like you who feel compelled to talk about them on the internet constantly.
          tangspot2 wrote:
          Mrs. stake you say some nasty on my threads. Dirty bitch
          Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
            • 2 years 2 months ago
            • Posts: 561
            stake n sheak wrote:
            randomuser2349 wrote:
            stake n sheak wrote:
            randomuser2349 wrote:
            Rule 34, yiff popularity),
            Even among the few people who know what those are, not many are actual participants.

            You mean furries?
            Yeah, I know not most furries don't do that. Yiff just means furry porn.
            But as for rule 34, you have no idea what you can run into without even looking up any sexually explicit tags. And it shows up even on strict Safesearch.....
            What I'm saying is that doesn't make it a defining feature of the decade. Let's say 5% of people in the real world even have any idea what those things are (probably less). Most of those are like me and only know about those things because of running into people like you who feel compelled to talk about them on the internet constantly.


            I know. It was just an example of rampant public sexuality.
            signature
            Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
              • 2 years 2 months ago
              • Posts: 1715
              randomuser2349 wrote:
              I know. It was just an example of rampant public sexuality.


              If that's the best example you can come up with then I don't understand what you're talking about. I don't see the 20-aughts being "more sexualized" than the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, or now. Some tiny portion of the population having some kind of fetish that includes public display is not a new thing that didn't happen in the 20th century.
              tangspot2 wrote:
              Mrs. stake you say some nasty on my threads. Dirty bitch
              Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                • 2 years 2 months ago
                • Posts: 563
                Drahken wrote:
                I just thought of a good name for the 00s: "the ooze".
                "The ooze" is obviously a derivative of "the 00s", plus "ooze" (or "eeyews";) accurately describes how many people feel about the 00s.


                I always call it "The Double Os"

                stake_n_sheak wrote:
                If that's the best example you can come up with then I don't understand what you're talking about. I don't see the 20-aughts being "more sexualized" than the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, or now. Some tiny portion of the population having some kind of fetish that includes public display is not a new thing that didn't happen in the 20th century.


                Lets just say there's more access than ever thanks to smartphones, tablets and its no longer the 'pros' taking topless pictures/videos of themselves and letting the world know about it.
                So yeah, it is more sexualised to an extent.
                Tell me how I'm supposed to breathe with no air?
                Can't live, can't breathe with no air
                Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                  • 1 year 3 months ago
                  • Posts: 84
                  • Globally Banned
                  You mean 2010s?
                  Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                    • 1 year 3 months ago
                    • Posts: 1715
                    I doubt that's what GreenSpider meant
                    tangspot2 wrote:
                    Mrs. stake you say some nasty on my threads. Dirty bitch
                    Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                      • 1 year 3 months ago
                      • Posts: 43
                      • Globally Banned
                      The United Kingdom and Australia call 2000-09 the "noughties". As for the decade's personality, think of the reality show boom, Facebook, YouTube, bands like Coldplay for a start.
                      Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                        • 1 year 3 months ago
                        • Posts: 136
                        The reason people say that the 00s suck is because a lot of the people that used the internet during it's growing days were kids in the 80s and 90s. Because of that, then there tends to be a bunch of old farts that talk about how everything was a lot better back in their day, and they pass off the decade of their current adult life as crap. It's all part of the generation gap that has gone on for decades.

                        I also believe that the reason why these kids born in the late 90s don't like to portray themselves as "2000s kids" is because they adapted these from those 20-30 somethings who think they're past was better. Yeah, it's pretty stupid.

                        I said it before and I'll say it again, there is nothing wrong with the 2000s, or even today for that matter. The only reason everything was better in the past is because you're too nostalgic for those times. All the people bitching about the so called decline in TV, music, movies, etc. just needs to grow the fuck up. Sadly, though. Throughout the time I've seen these old farts on here and on the internet pretty much shows that nothing has changed in terms of nostalgia goes.
                        Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                          • 1 year 3 months ago
                          • Posts: 4528
                          I have to disagree with you on some of that blueluigi. In some ways "the old days" were better. In some ways the the time period before I was born was better as was the time period before that. This video from back in 1939 in NYC gives us a glimpse of how things were back then. http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/see-1939-york-city-vibrant-color-210550705.html?bcmt_s=m#ugccmt-container

                          This was during the great depression and despite this people were dressed nicely. You don't see a bunch of fat slobs with their belly's' hanging out, wearing shorts and flip flops while talking on their cell phones. People took pride in their appearance. People dressed up to fly, to go to the movies and go out to eat through the 70s. In those days people worked hard for a living. They didn't sit on their asses and collect government handouts. Men acted like men and women acted like women. There wasn't this confusion about gender roles or how genders should act. Kids didn't get arrested at school for drawing a picture of a gun. In fact they played cops and robbers during recess. Kids didn't kill each other either. They took it outside after school, fought it out and were friends the next day. Girls didn't fight at all unlike today. It was a much simpler time and very few from those day think today is better.

                          I wouldn't want to give up modern technology or advances in medicine. Nor would I want to give up the knowledge that I have, but those things aside I would rather live in another time period. There are a lot of great things about today, but there are a lot of bad things too. Sadly we will never live in a utopia. As life gets easier we'll just become more lazy and more sensitive. We will question the norms and try to go against it. In other worlds we will never find what works and stick with it.

                          I agree the bitching about TV is pointless, but it really isn't that great. The only thing that makes it great is the variety we have today. You just have to fish through a lot of crap to find the good stuff. Music is mostly auto tune and lacks the talent we saw in the past. There is some out there, but again you have to fish through all the crap to find it. The issue is the wrong music is being promoted today.

                          So while life is overall better today there is no reason why we can't appreciate the past and try to preserve some of it.
                          Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                            • 1 year 3 months ago
                            • Posts: 798
                            During the 00's I started having to pay bills and life got a lot harder.
                            Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                              • 1 year 3 months ago
                              • Posts: 1715
                              Thanks for posting that film, bassman. I love it.

                              I think there was a lot of crap TV and music in earlier times. We only think it was so good because we only remember the good stuff. For four weeks in 1969, "Sugar Sugar" by The Archies was the number one hit.
                              tangspot2 wrote:
                              Mrs. stake you say some nasty on my threads. Dirty bitch
                              Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                • 1 year 3 months ago
                                • Posts: 2009
                                My son was born in 2000 and he had his infancy in it so I can't hate that decade. But other than that,the Dubya Administration days are not ones that I'll remember fondly. The only good thing that came out from those days was Xbox Live...
                                Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                  • 1 year 3 months ago
                                  • Posts: 18
                                  Guild_Navigator wrote:
                                  My son was born in 2000 and he had his infancy in it so I can't hate that decade. But other than that,the Dubya Administration days are not ones that I'll remember fondly. The only good thing that came out from those days was Xbox Live...


                                  Actually, one of the worst things about the 00s is the kids that were born in the decade.
                                  Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                    • 1 year 3 months ago
                                    • Posts: 4528
                                    Welcome back Laddersnake.
                                    Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                      • 1 year 3 months ago
                                      • Posts: 18
                                      It's jaw dropping that the late 00s seems to speak for the whole decade when it really shouldn't.
                                      Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                        • 1 year 3 months ago
                                        • Posts: 287
                                        I think it all depends on when you were born and your life experiences. The 90s were just a great time for me because I was still a kid so I could get away doing almost anything without much consequences. In the 2000s I was already entering high school so times definitely changed and every day I wish I was still a kid so I wouldn't have to deal with high school and later college.
                                        Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                          • 1 year 3 months ago
                                          • Posts: 9654
                                          Al Qaeda put a curse on the 2000s.
                                          There is a battle between two wolves inside us all.

                                          One is evil and the other one is good. Which wolf will win? The one you feed the most.

                                          http://unbelievableyou.com/a-native-american-cherokee-story-two-wolves/
                                          Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                          Search
                                          Users Online