• 1 year 3 months ago
    • Posts: 74809
    Like some posters here have mentioned, I really like Jingle All The Way. Its very enjoyable.
    Although I now know Batman Forever is a pretty bad movie, I still enjoy watching it today, I guess because I find a connection to my childhood with it. Same with Street Fighter or the Power Rangers movie.
    Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
    • avatar
      • 1 year 3 months ago
      • Posts: 250
      Critters
      Temple of Doom
      Phenomenon
      Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
      • avatar
        • 1 year 3 months ago
        • Posts: 94
        Okay this is gonna be a long list lol.

        Batman and Robin - I don't care what anyone says, it's a guilty pleasure. Also George Clooney is the best cinematic Bruce Wayne since he's basically Bruce Wayne in reality.

        Wild Wild West - I absolutely loved this movie as a kid and still do. The giant spider is still awesome in my opinion.

        Jingle All the Way - I saw this in theaters as a kid and even got a Turbo Man for Christmas. Still a holiday classic that I watch every Christmas.

        Christmas with the Kranks - I thought this was a great Christmas film with a charming and heartwarming ending.

        Ferngully - How could anyone hate Ferngully? Seriously, Robin Williams and Tim Curry in the same film? Yes please. Also this was Avatar before Avatar, just saying.

        Indiana Jones 4 - I love every Indiana Jones film. Only bad part about this was Shia Lebouf, even though his sword fight with Cate Blanchett was awesome. I thought it was ridiculous that people threw a fit over aliens being involved.

        Phantom Menace - Only Star Wars prequel I love. I'm sick of the hate for Jar Jar Binks when he wasn't even the most annoying part of that movie, Jake Lloyd was far more annoying. Gave us the greatest lightsaber duel of all time and also gave us this generation's Darth Vader in Darth Maul, who I find much cooler and badass.

        Godzilla 1998 - To this day I still remember seeing the first teaser for this film on New Year's Eve and thinking that it was real. I used to believe Godzilla was massive in this film until I re-watched it a few months ago and noticed how friggin' small he is.

        Space Jam - Yeah I'm gonna say it. One of my favorite films of all time. I was THE biggest Space Jam fan when it came out. I had toys, folders, books, even my bed was Space Jam, and I still love it to this day.

        Daredevil - Unfairly recognized as one of the worst comic book films ever. I didn't mind Ben Affleck as Daredevil, I thought he did a good job. Michael Clarke Duncan hit a friggin' home run as Kingpin and there are worse comic book films out there (I'm looking at you, Ghost Rider, Fantastic Four, Elektra, and Catwoman).

        Van Helsing - I don't care what anyone says. This movie kicks ass and would've been an awesome franchise if not for the brain dead haters. Still wish I could've seen a sequel.

        League of Extraordinary Gentlemen - I'm in the majority when I say that this shouldn't have been Sean Connery's final film but I find it to be a great popcorn flick which it was meant to be.

        Super Mario Bros. - Okay I'm with everyone here that believes having Bowser be a human was the dumbest possible thing they could've done to the Mario franchise but I guess I enjoy it just from nostalgia. I thought the Goombas were cool at least.

        Men in Black 2 - I don't understand the hate for this movie, yes it's not as good as the first one, but come on, it's definitely better than the 3rd one.

        The Stupids - I can't believe someone already mentioned this as I thought I was the only person who knew this movie existed lol.

        Last Action Hero - I love this movie, even though I find the kid annoying. It featured an awesome villain and was a great parody of action flicks at that time. I also had an action figure from it lol.

        Waterworld - I thought this was a fun epic film with a crazy Dennis Hopper, which is always good entertainment.

        The Lost World - I remember seeing this in theaters and being blown away. Not nearly as classic or iconic as Jurassic Park but still lightyears better than the 3rd film.

        That's all I can think of right now. Sorry for the long list lol.
        Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
        • avatar
          • 1 year 3 months ago
          • Posts: 1476
          luv90s wrote:
          Okay this is gonna be a long list lol.

          Batman and Robin - I don't care what anyone says, it's a guilty pleasure. Also George Clooney is the best cinematic Bruce Wayne since he's basically Bruce Wayne in reality.

          Wild Wild West - I absolutely loved this movie as a kid and still do. The giant spider is still awesome in my opinion.

          Jingle All the Way - I saw this in theaters as a kid and even got a Turbo Man for Christmas. Still a holiday classic that I watch every Christmas.

          Christmas with the Kranks - I thought this was a great Christmas film with a charming and heartwarming ending.

          Ferngully - How could anyone hate Ferngully? Seriously, Robin Williams and Tim Curry in the same film? Yes please. Also this was Avatar before Avatar, just saying.

          Indiana Jones 4 - I love every Indiana Jones film. Only bad part about this was Shia Lebouf, even though his sword fight with Cate Blanchett was awesome. I thought it was ridiculous that people threw a fit over aliens being involved.

          Phantom Menace - Only Star Wars prequel I love. I'm sick of the hate for Jar Jar Binks when he wasn't even the most annoying part of that movie, Jake Lloyd was far more annoying. Gave us the greatest lightsaber duel of all time and also gave us this generation's Darth Vader in Darth Maul, who I find much cooler and badass.

          Godzilla 1998 - To this day I still remember seeing the first teaser for this film on New Year's Eve and thinking that it was real. I used to believe Godzilla was massive in this film until I re-watched it a few months ago and noticed how friggin' small he is.

          Space Jam - Yeah I'm gonna say it. One of my favorite films of all time. I was THE biggest Space Jam fan when it came out. I had toys, folders, books, even my bed was Space Jam, and I still love it to this day.

          Daredevil - Unfairly recognized as one of the worst comic book films ever. I didn't mind Ben Affleck as Daredevil, I thought he did a good job. Michael Clarke Duncan hit a friggin' home run as Kingpin and there are worse comic book films out there (I'm looking at you, Ghost Rider, Fantastic Four, Elektra, and Catwoman).

          Van Helsing - I don't care what anyone says. This movie kicks ass and would've been an awesome franchise if not for the brain dead haters. Still wish I could've seen a sequel.

          League of Extraordinary Gentlemen - I'm in the majority when I say that this shouldn't have been Sean Connery's final film but I find it to be a great popcorn flick which it was meant to be.

          Super Mario Bros. - Okay I'm with everyone here that believes having Bowser be a human was the dumbest possible thing they could've done to the Mario franchise but I guess I enjoy it just from nostalgia. I thought the Goombas were cool at least.

          Men in Black 2 - I don't understand the hate for this movie, yes it's not as good as the first one, but come on, it's definitely better than the 3rd one.

          The Stupids - I can't believe someone already mentioned this as I thought I was the only person who knew this movie existed lol.

          Last Action Hero - I love this movie, even though I find the kid annoying. It featured an awesome villain and was a great parody of action flicks at that time. I also had an action figure from it lol.

          Waterworld - I thought this was a fun epic film with a crazy Dennis Hopper, which is always good entertainment.

          The Lost World - I remember seeing this in theaters and being blown away. Not nearly as classic or iconic as Jurassic Park but still lightyears better than the 3rd film.

          That's all I can think of right now. Sorry for the long list lol.


          What kind of monster (or Monstar) hates Space Jam?
          Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
          • avatar
            • 1 year 3 months ago
            • Posts: 94
            My thoughts exactly.
            Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
            • avatar
              • 1 year 3 months ago
              • Posts: 10090
              Derk wrote:
              luv90s wrote:
              Okay this is gonna be a long list lol.

              Batman and Robin - I don't care what anyone says, it's a guilty pleasure. Also George Clooney is the best cinematic Bruce Wayne since he's basically Bruce Wayne in reality.

              Wild Wild West - I absolutely loved this movie as a kid and still do. The giant spider is still awesome in my opinion.

              Jingle All the Way - I saw this in theaters as a kid and even got a Turbo Man for Christmas. Still a holiday classic that I watch every Christmas.

              Christmas with the Kranks - I thought this was a great Christmas film with a charming and heartwarming ending.

              Ferngully - How could anyone hate Ferngully? Seriously, Robin Williams and Tim Curry in the same film? Yes please. Also this was Avatar before Avatar, just saying.

              Indiana Jones 4 - I love every Indiana Jones film. Only bad part about this was Shia Lebouf, even though his sword fight with Cate Blanchett was awesome. I thought it was ridiculous that people threw a fit over aliens being involved.

              Phantom Menace - Only Star Wars prequel I love. I'm sick of the hate for Jar Jar Binks when he wasn't even the most annoying part of that movie, Jake Lloyd was far more annoying. Gave us the greatest lightsaber duel of all time and also gave us this generation's Darth Vader in Darth Maul, who I find much cooler and badass.

              Godzilla 1998 - To this day I still remember seeing the first teaser for this film on New Year's Eve and thinking that it was real. I used to believe Godzilla was massive in this film until I re-watched it a few months ago and noticed how friggin' small he is.

              Space Jam - Yeah I'm gonna say it. One of my favorite films of all time. I was THE biggest Space Jam fan when it came out. I had toys, folders, books, even my bed was Space Jam, and I still love it to this day.

              Daredevil - Unfairly recognized as one of the worst comic book films ever. I didn't mind Ben Affleck as Daredevil, I thought he did a good job. Michael Clarke Duncan hit a friggin' home run as Kingpin and there are worse comic book films out there (I'm looking at you, Ghost Rider, Fantastic Four, Elektra, and Catwoman).

              Van Helsing - I don't care what anyone says. This movie kicks ass and would've been an awesome franchise if not for the brain dead haters. Still wish I could've seen a sequel.

              League of Extraordinary Gentlemen - I'm in the majority when I say that this shouldn't have been Sean Connery's final film but I find it to be a great popcorn flick which it was meant to be.

              Super Mario Bros. - Okay I'm with everyone here that believes having Bowser be a human was the dumbest possible thing they could've done to the Mario franchise but I guess I enjoy it just from nostalgia. I thought the Goombas were cool at least.

              Men in Black 2 - I don't understand the hate for this movie, yes it's not as good as the first one, but come on, it's definitely better than the 3rd one.

              The Stupids - I can't believe someone already mentioned this as I thought I was the only person who knew this movie existed lol.

              Last Action Hero - I love this movie, even though I find the kid annoying. It featured an awesome villain and was a great parody of action flicks at that time. I also had an action figure from it lol.

              Waterworld - I thought this was a fun epic film with a crazy Dennis Hopper, which is always good entertainment.

              The Lost World - I remember seeing this in theaters and being blown away. Not nearly as classic or iconic as Jurassic Park but still lightyears better than the 3rd film.

              That's all I can think of right now. Sorry for the long list lol.


              What kind of monster (or Monstar) hates Space Jam?

              How despicable can someone get?
              thecrow174: Lover of martial arts cinema.
              Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
              • avatar
                • 1 year 3 months ago
                • Posts: 2409
                • Forum Mod
                • Editor
                I'll answer this from the other side of the spectrum. Everyone seems to love Donnie Darko, I forced myself to watch it and it was really bad.
                My Last Article For RetroJunk

                Remembering RetroJunk
                Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                • avatar
                  • 1 year 3 months ago
                  • Posts: 1907
                  I don't think anybody hates Space Jam or Fern Gully. Space Jam gets so much friggin love on the internet, it's kind of unbelievable. But I agree with Waterworld. And with vkimo on Donnie Darko.
                  tangspot2 wrote:
                  Mrs. stake you say some nasty on my threads. Dirty bitch
                  Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                  • avatar
                    • 1 year 3 months ago
                    • Posts: 2409
                    • Forum Mod
                    • Editor
                    Congo is one of my favorite movies. I can appreciate it's campiness.
                    My Last Article For RetroJunk

                    Remembering RetroJunk
                    Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                    • avatar
                      • 1 year 3 months ago
                      • Posts: 10090
                      Tommy Boy
                      thecrow174: Lover of martial arts cinema.
                      Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                      • avatar
                        • 1 year 3 months ago
                        • Posts: 399
                        vkimo wrote:
                        Congo is one of my favorite movies. I can appreciate it's campiness.

                        I liked Congo, too. Except the ending. Just way too sad.
                        Don't pay any attention to the evil spirited and dead of heart. They're not worth your time.
                        Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                        • avatar
                          • 1 year 3 months ago
                          • Posts: 399
                          thecrow174 wrote:
                          Tommy Boy

                          Who hates Tommy Boy? It's one of the best Chris Farley movies.
                          Don't pay any attention to the evil spirited and dead of heart. They're not worth your time.
                          Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                          • avatar
                            • 1 year 3 months ago
                            • Posts: 10090
                            CruJonesIsTheMan wrote:
                            thecrow174 wrote:
                            Tommy Boy

                            Who hates Tommy Boy? It's one of the best Chris Farley movies.

                            It just seems pretty underrated.

                            BTW, I don't know why people keep posting Temple of Doom. I thought it was a very popular movie at the time it hit theatres.
                            thecrow174: Lover of martial arts cinema.
                            Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                            • avatar
                              • 1 year 3 months ago
                              • Posts: 10090
                              Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

                              Folks around here keep saying how it's not as good as Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.
                              thecrow174: Lover of martial arts cinema.
                              Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                • 1 year 3 months ago
                                • Posts: 1027
                                I guess the only movie/movies I can think of that everyone around me hated but I liked were the new Transformers movies.
                                Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                • avatar
                                  • 1 year 3 months ago
                                  • Posts: 94
                                  bklynbren wrote:
                                  I guess the only movie/movies I can think of that everyone around me hated but I liked were the new Transformers movies.


                                  The action in Transformers is amazing but the acting is wooden and the blaring goofs are beyond horrid.
                                  Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                  • avatar
                                    • 1 year 3 months ago
                                    • Posts: 94
                                    thecrow174 wrote:
                                    Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

                                    Folks around here keep saying how it's not as good as Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.


                                    I loved Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. It was really faithful to the book, but I prefer Willy Wonka cause it's such a classic and the songs get to me everytime.
                                    Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                      • 1 year 3 months ago
                                      • Posts: 1027
                                      luv90s wrote:
                                      thecrow174 wrote:
                                      Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

                                      Folks around here keep saying how it's not as good as Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.


                                      I loved Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. It was really faithful to the book, but I prefer Willy Wonka cause it's such a classic and the songs get to me everytime.


                                      Come with me.....And you'll be.....In a world of Pure imagination....Yeah they get me too lol. That room made of candy was something else.
                                      Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                      • avatar
                                        • 1 year 3 months ago
                                        • Posts: 94
                                        I remember watching Willy Wonka for the very first time when I was in 3rd grade and thinking it was the greatest movie I'd had ever seen lol.
                                        Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                        • avatar
                                          • 1 year 3 months ago
                                          • Posts: 40
                                          i Loved Michael Bays "The Island" . I mean the acting was good , the movie had enough suspense , the action was and it had scarlet johansson . cant complain much about that :)
                                          Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                          Search