• 2 years 10 months ago
    • Posts: 1236
    How many of you remember when 2 liter soda jugs had 2-piece construction, with a rounded bottom on the bottle & an opaque plastic cup glued to the bottom to allow it to stand?
    I miss those bases, they made great bathtub toys, summer toys, and were especially good in sandboxes. The drain holes in them worked great for sifting sand. I remember thinking that the new 1-piece bottles looked cheap & naked when they first came out.
    signature*WARNING: The above post may be highly opinionated, read at your own risk.

    Gee Caspah, you're a twicky one!
    Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
      • 2 years 10 months ago
      • Posts: 3942
      Uhm where I've been the last 25 years or so...
      Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
        • 2 years 10 months ago
        • Posts: 1250
        I tried pulling one apart once to see what the bottom looked like... I was kinda disappointed to see it was just rounds and not fancy like a coke's bottle!
        Who Want's some BLOGna!!?
        http://spacemanmonster.blogspot.com/
        Did you know they'll make a game show out of..
        http://tmgsoo.blogspot.com/
        Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
          • 2 years 10 months ago
          • Posts: 1236
          Only once? Taking those things off was a repeated habit for me. Sorta like collecting the tabs from soda cans & making them into chains.
          signature*WARNING: The above post may be highly opinionated, read at your own risk.

          Gee Caspah, you're a twicky one!
          Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
            • 2 years 10 months ago
            • Posts: 801


            Pretty sure I've got a crap load of those kinds of bottles stashed away somewhere in the old junk. The one good thing about those bottles is that they STOOD UP. With the design of bottles now, so damn easy to knock them over, especially in the shopping cart.
            (Hordak Alpha))
            Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
              • 2 years 10 months ago
              • Posts: 521
              I actually remember this, but for the life of me... when and why did they stop making 2-liter bottles of soda??
              "It lies in the valley of the vision, where the slain are not slain with the sword. In the darkest shadows of light, there you'll find a door..."
              Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                • 2 years 10 months ago
                • Posts: 1767
                Pinwheel wrote:
                I actually remember this, but for the life of me... when and why did they stop making 2-liter bottles of soda??
                They still make them. You just not going to the right stores.
                tangspot2 wrote:
                Mrs. stake you say some nasty on my threads. Dirty bitch
                Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                  • 2 years 10 months ago
                  • Posts: 1236
                  Pinwheel wrote:
                  when and why did they stop making 2-liter bottles of soda??


                  Uh... I don't know what alternate universe you live in, but every store here has absolute assloads of 2-liter bottles. Everything from grocery stores to convenience stores to dollar stores to walmart.
                  signature*WARNING: The above post may be highly opinionated, read at your own risk.

                  Gee Caspah, you're a twicky one!
                  Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                    • 2 years 9 months ago
                    • Posts: 521
                    Hmm, well i guess I'll have to check when I go to the supermarket next time.


                    Drahken wrote:
                    Pinwheel wrote:
                    when and why did they stop making 2-liter bottles of soda??


                    Uh... I don't know what alternate universe you live in, but every store here has absolute assloads of 2-liter bottles. Everything from grocery stores to convenience stores to dollar stores to walmart.
                    "It lies in the valley of the vision, where the slain are not slain with the sword. In the darkest shadows of light, there you'll find a door..."
                    Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                      • 2 years 9 months ago
                      • Posts: 2806
                      I'm 26 which means I'm old enough to remember when the soda companies still made those and then I was surprised when they got rid of them.
                      Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                        • 2 years 9 months ago
                        • Posts: 4550
                        I remember my mom used to always buy the 1 liter glass bottles from the corner store when we would run out. Then they were replaced with the 2 liter bottles with those black bottoms you speak of. Then the 3 liter bottles came out in the mid 80s, but didn't last. I guess they realized that they become flat before you could finish them, plus they were hard to handle.

                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YV9lSoKv1qA

                        Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                          • 2 years 9 months ago
                          • Posts: 1236
                          I still see 3 liter bottles sometimes, but usually only in the cheap brands. Now they've come out with 1.5 and 1.25 liter bottles (coke has one size, pepsi has the other, but I forget which is which). Seriously, wtf is the point of that??
                          signature*WARNING: The above post may be highly opinionated, read at your own risk.

                          Gee Caspah, you're a twicky one!
                          Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                            • 2 years 9 months ago
                            • Posts: 1767
                            bassman21 wrote:

                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YV9lSoKv1qA
                            tangspot2 wrote:
                            Mrs. stake you say some nasty on my threads. Dirty bitch
                            Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                              • 2 years 9 months ago
                              • Posts: 826
                              I remember Shaq in the Big Slam commercials back in the day. For some reason as a kid I thought drinking 1 liter of soda made you cool. Now I see that it makes you fat...
                              [quote]In my final meeting with the gods from the heavens above, as they spoke to me and hit me with the power of the Ultimate Warrior, they told me Exit stage left! Exit stage rig
                              Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                • 2 years 9 months ago
                                • Posts: 1240
                                DeliGuy wrote:
                                I remember Shaq in the Big Slam commercials back in the day. For some reason as a kid I thought drinking 1 liter of soda made you cool. Now I see that it makes you fat...
                                I think I have one of those commercials. Are you talking about the one where he gulps down that soda that causes everyone elses Pepsi to evaporate on a hot day?
                                Ed:An Apple A Day Keeps The Bus Driver Away!

                                Check out my Youtube page.Full of classic commercials from the 80s,90s,and 00s.

                                http://www.youtube.com/user/AtlantaCommercials96/videos
                                Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                  • 2 years 9 months ago
                                  • Posts: 826
                                  AtlantaCommercials wrote:
                                  DeliGuy wrote:
                                  I remember Shaq in the Big Slam commercials back in the day. For some reason as a kid I thought drinking 1 liter of soda made you cool. Now I see that it makes you fat...
                                  I think I have one of those commercials. Are you talking about the one where he gulps down that soda that causes everyone elses Pepsi to evaporate on a hot day?


                                  I don't remember any specifics of the commercial. The Big Slams were what they advertised on their 1 liter bottles.
                                  [quote]In my final meeting with the gods from the heavens above, as they spoke to me and hit me with the power of the Ultimate Warrior, they told me Exit stage left! Exit stage rig
                                  Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                    • 2 years 9 months ago
                                    • Posts: 1240
                                    DeliGuy wrote:
                                    AtlantaCommercials wrote:
                                    DeliGuy wrote:
                                    I remember Shaq in the Big Slam commercials back in the day. For some reason as a kid I thought drinking 1 liter of soda made you cool. Now I see that it makes you fat...
                                    I think I have one of those commercials. Are you talking about the one where he gulps down that soda that causes everyone elses Pepsi to evaporate on a hot day?


                                    I don't remember any specifics of the commercial. The Big Slams were what they advertised on their 1 liter bottles.
                                    Alright then.
                                    Ed:An Apple A Day Keeps The Bus Driver Away!

                                    Check out my Youtube page.Full of classic commercials from the 80s,90s,and 00s.

                                    http://www.youtube.com/user/AtlantaCommercials96/videos
                                    Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                      • 2 years 9 months ago
                                      • Posts: 2931
                                      I remember the 1 liter glass bottles my 1st grade teacher would always drink those. That was like 1991.
                                      Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                        • 2 years 9 months ago
                                        • Posts: 2171
                                        I remember them but had forgotten until you brought it up. I haven't seen one with a dark bottom (that didn't become clear when the soda was drained lol) in years.
                                        :)
                                        Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                          • 2 years 27 days ago
                                          • Posts: 9
                                          I am officially OLD now. Nothing drives that point home like finding a post waxing nostalgic about something you consider fairly recent in comparison. I remember when Pepsi debuted "The BOSS". Any one remember those guys?
                                          Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                          Search