• 8 years 8 months ago
    • Posts: 74809
    i remember being extremely scared when i saw a 3D show at Paramounts Great America when i was like 3 (i think it wasThe Last Buffalo). i remember crying my head off cuz i thought i was being charged at by a stampede of buffalo.

    for those who dont know, Great America is an amusement park in California. btw does anyone know if thats the only one in the USA
    Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
      • 8 years 8 months ago
      • Posts: 286
      stantheman wrote:
      i remember being extremely scared when i saw a 3D show at Paramounts Great America when i was like 3 (i think it wasThe Last Buffalo). i remember crying my head off cuz i thought i was being charged at by a stampede of buffalo.

      for those who dont know, Great America is an amusement park in California. btw does anyone know if thats the only one in the USA


      theres many other theme parks in the US including Disney World and Six Flags.

      The V of Death scared me as a kid.
      Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
        • 8 years 8 months ago
        • Posts: 2347
        Un-touchable 1 wrote:
        stantheman wrote:
        i remember being extremely scared when i saw a 3D show at Paramounts Great America when i was like 3 (i think it wasThe Last Buffalo). i remember crying my head off cuz i thought i was being charged at by a stampede of buffalo.

        for those who dont know, Great America is an amusement park in California. btw does anyone know if thats the only one in the USA


        theres many other theme parks in the US including Disney World and Six Flags.

        The V of Death scared me as a kid.


        What's th V of death?
        Narrator: Man lives in the sunlit world of what he believes to be reality. But... there is, unseen by most, an underworld, a place that is just as real, but not as brightly lit... a Darkside :twisted:
        Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
          • 8 years 8 months ago
          • Posts: 286
          Viacom's early to mid 80s closing logo, which had nightmarish music and a zooming V, all at a rapid pace, thus being the "V of Death" or Doom.
          Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
            • 8 years 8 months ago
            • Posts: 3359
            Here's what it sounds like!
            "I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I'm not." -Kurt Cobain
            Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
              • 8 years 8 months ago
              • Posts: 2347


              Sweet!
              Narrator: Man lives in the sunlit world of what he believes to be reality. But... there is, unseen by most, an underworld, a place that is just as real, but not as brightly lit... a Darkside :twisted:
              Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                • 8 years 8 months ago
                • Posts: 74809
                Un-touchable 1 wrote:
                stantheman wrote:
                i remember being extremely scared when i saw a 3D show at Paramounts Great America when i was like 3 (i think it wasThe Last Buffalo). i remember crying my head off cuz i thought i was being charged at by a stampede of buffalo.

                for those who dont know, Great America is an amusement park in California. btw does anyone know if thats the only one in the USA


                theres many other theme parks in the US including Disney World and Six Flags.



                i knew that, i meant Great America specifically
                Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                  • 8 years 8 months ago
                  • Posts: 67
                  videoman21xx
                  wrote:
                  There was this song my parents use to listen to alot. I don't recall it's name but it had this part where they guy is in the Land of Oz and the wicked witch yells "I'll get you my pretty! And your little dog
                  toto too!" and the guy goes "I don't even have a little dog Toto..."


                  Existential blues - tom "t-bone" stankus

                  courtesy of Dr.Demento
                  Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                    • 8 years 8 months ago
                    • Posts: 26
                    Mr. Clean commercials were scary to me
                    Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                      • 8 years 8 months ago
                      • Posts: 660
                      Somebody mentioned the 1980's Twilight Zone intro...I'm submitting that tonight, by some coincidence.
                      Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                        • 8 years 8 months ago
                        • Posts: 238
                        wrote:
                        Existential blues - tom "t-bone" stankus

                        courtesy of Dr.Demento


                        Yeah I actually found out later that day. I went and found the song too. Turns out the part that freaked the crap outta me was near the very end, just before he says Existential Blues for the last time.

                        I can't say I care for that sound any more today. :P
                        Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                          • 8 years 8 months ago
                          • Posts: 74809
                          The tests from the emergency broadcast system used to scare me that beeeeeeeeep!

                          I used to run to my mommy or daddy or hide in a corner and cover my ears.

                          Weird I know...
                          Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                            • 8 years 8 months ago
                            • Posts: 742
                            RetroErica69 wrote:
                            The tests from the emergency broadcast system used to scare me that beeeeeeeeep!


                            Here's what it sounded like:

                            WPIX-TV (11 Alive) EBS Test
                            Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                              • 8 years 8 months ago
                              • Posts: 581
                              Watchign old epps of star trek at the end when they rolled the credits the last thing they would show would be this alien head with his mouth agape looking right at you. that face used to freek me out big time.
                              FABOO!

                              HUGBEES!

                              Hush little King; please don't cry
                              We're going to sing you a lullaby
                              A big scary monster man is coming for you
                              He'll gobble you up like chunky beef stew.
                              Mmmwah!
                              Goodnight!
                              Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                • 8 years 8 months ago
                                • Posts: 286
                                maxdrive wrote:
                                Watchign old epps of star trek at the end when they rolled the credits the last thing they would show would be this alien head with his mouth agape looking right at you. that face used to freek me out big time.


                                I defo need to see that pic. :wink:
                                Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                  • 8 years 8 months ago
                                  • Posts: 3359
                                  musicradio77 wrote:
                                  RetroErica69 wrote:
                                  The tests from the emergency broadcast system used to scare me that beeeeeeeeep!


                                  Here's what it sounded like:

                                  WPIX-TV (11 Alive) EBS Test


                                  Cool! Like I said in the opening/closing logos thread, are you gonna download that onto RJ, musicradio?

                                  That's kinda scary, but the EBS "RRRRRRRRRNT" is even scarier!
                                  "I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I'm not." -Kurt Cobain
                                  Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                    • 8 years 8 months ago
                                    • Posts: 420
                                    For more logos and jingles, click these links:

                                    http://www.retrojunk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7132
                                    http://csx726.tripod.com/jingles/

                                    And after you click this next link, check out the ones that are related to the logos and jingles, these also include some of the greatest moments in television history:

                                    http://sethn172.zippyvideos.com/gallery.z
                                    Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                      • 8 years 8 months ago
                                      • Posts: 963
                                      The split head profile PBS logo used to give me the willies.

                                      http://www.retrojunk.com/details_commercial/1564/
                                      Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                        • 8 years 8 months ago
                                        • Posts: 74809
                                        Noooooooo that scary!!! :lol:
                                        Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                          • 8 years 8 months ago
                                          • Posts: 3359
                                          The Worldvision logo used to scare me, too!
                                          "I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I'm not." -Kurt Cobain
                                          Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                          Search