• 2 years 10 months ago
    • Posts: 553
    It seems that it's time when you see that videos from 2000, 2001 and 2002 look grainy, along with a bunch of nostalgia spurters on shows like Yugioh and Beyblade.

    Do you think it's time yet?
    signature
    Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
      • 2 years 10 months ago
      • Posts: 74809
      Jesus Christ, no.
      Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
        • 2 years 10 months ago
        • Posts: 7
        Like I said in the other thread, I don't see why not, I mean weren't there commercials for 1999 in 2007?
        Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
          • 2 years 10 months ago
          • Posts: 74809
          DarkLugiaMaster_Gir wrote:
          Like I said in the other thread, I don't see why not, I mean weren't there commercials for 1999 in 2007?


          What part of no, don't you understand?
          Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
            • 2 years 10 months ago
            • Posts: 9468
            No.
            There is a battle between two wolves inside us all.

            One is evil and the other one is good. Which wolf will win? The one you feed the most.

            http://unbelievableyou.com/a-native-american-cherokee-story-two-wolves/
            Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
              • 2 years 10 months ago
              • Posts: 74809
              thecrow174 wrote:
              No.


              Exactly. We are the Elders of the Internet. You will obey.
              Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                • 2 years 10 months ago
                • Posts: 460
                Oh the new millenium!

                2000 ruled! :D
                Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                  • 2 years 10 months ago
                  • Posts: 3875
                  Fuck off
                  Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                    • 2 years 10 months ago
                    • Posts: 2213
                    • Forum Mod
                    • Editor
                    This sucks. The crowd here is getting way too young. When I joined in 2008, I was 21 and thought I was too young for the place.

                    I'm going to create a site called NeoJunk where we talk about anything more than 7 minutes old.
                    Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                      • 2 years 10 months ago
                      • Posts: 74809
                      vkimo wrote:
                      This sucks. The crowd here is getting way too young. When I joined in 2008, I was 21 and thought I was too young for the place.

                      I'm going to create a site called NeoJunk where we talk about anything more than 7 minutes old.


                      Add on top of things. They think they're old and world weary. And that they know everything.
                      Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                        • 2 years 10 months ago
                        • Posts: 824
                        Well you're a teenager with a life devoid of friends, I guess being nostalgic for two years ago is the next best thing.
                        Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                          • 2 years 10 months ago
                          • Posts: 7
                          Yeah I know I'm to young to be Nostalgic, I mean I'm only 15, I normally come to this site to live in the 80's and 90's, whether that be watching old commercials or reading articles about old toys, comics, games, cartoons, etc.
                          Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                            • 2 years 10 months ago
                            • Posts: 460
                            Shut up Dyzfuk7ional

                            You asshole
                            Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                              • 2 years 10 months ago
                              • Posts: 2213
                              • Forum Mod
                              • Editor
                              Don't get me wrong, there is NOTHING wrong with younger people coming here. Just as long as we stay true to this site's intentions. I know there is the whole "Retro is in the eye of the beholder" philosophy, which is fine. Just not here. I'm not going to join a vegetarian board expressing my freedom of speech talking about how much I love a thick, juicy bratwurst.

                              Bottom line is, we have to preserve RetroJunk's ideals of fast cars, loose woman and money.
                              Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                • 2 years 10 months ago
                                • Posts: 1480
                                I'd say in 2015 it would be appropriate to have an early 2000's section, between the years 2000 - 2005. As of right now, it is still to early for that.
                                Shit happens when You fart naked

                                Retro pimpin aint easy
                                Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                  • 2 years 10 months ago
                                  • Posts: 3875
                                  Lepew wrote:
                                  Shut up Dyzfuk7ional

                                  You asshole


                                  ahHAHA
                                  Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                    • 2 years 10 months ago
                                    • Posts: 58
                                    No. Not now. Not ever.
                                    Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                      • 2 years 10 months ago
                                      • Posts: 826
                                      That would make no sense. To my knowledge there has never been a time when there was a partial section on this site for a decade. Like an early 90's or a mid 90's section. Also for something to be retro, I personally think that there should be a big difference in the culture. I mean I graduated in 2002 and can't see a huge difference looking back from what we have now. Except the whole emo culture that is... don't remember that from high school! Clothes are still very similar, music is still the same old recycled junk, etc... Why look back on a culture that exists now? How can you be nostalgic about something that you have now? Now the 70s, 80s, and 90s had way different music, clothes, fads, etc...
                                      [quote]In my final meeting with the gods from the heavens above, as they spoke to me and hit me with the power of the Ultimate Warrior, they told me Exit stage left! Exit stage rig
                                      Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                        • 2 years 10 months ago
                                        • Posts: 3875
                                        DeliGuy wrote:
                                        That would make no sense. To my knowledge there has never been a time when there was a partial section on this site for a decade. Like an early 90's or a mid 90's section. Also for something to be retro, I personally think that there should be a big difference in the culture. I mean I graduated in 2002 and can't see a huge difference looking back from what we have now. Except the whole emo culture that is... don't remember that from high school! Clothes are still very similar, music is still the same old recycled junk, etc... Why look back on a culture that exists now? How can you be nostalgic about something that you have now? Now the 70s, 80s, and 90s had way different music, clothes, fads, etc...


                                        Thats exactly what I think about all this pre-mature nostalgic movement going on lately. For something deemed retro not only it needs a solid background/experience to fall on but a change in culture is necessary.

                                        Also imo, it doesn't matter if decades have pass but if we still have the same stuff it cannot be considered retro. For instance... decades when VHS/cassette tapes/eight-tacks/vinyl and so on where commonplace those can be called retro right now. We use another media. The important thing is CHANGES.
                                        Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                          • 2 years 10 months ago
                                          • Posts: 210
                                          What in the fuck are you thinking?
                                          Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                          Search