• 3 years 16 days ago
    • Posts: 4
    I got it like 5 months ago at a fleamarket.
    Couldn't find the Ren and Stimpy comic image, but heres the Simpsons one:

    Before Bongo was made.
    Tell your rare find of a first comic.
    You can't get more retro then this: First photo, baby!
    Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
      • 3 years 11 days ago
      • Posts: 710
      I have the first ren and stimpy comic packed away somewhere!
      Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
        • 3 years 11 days ago
        • Posts: 1192
        Honestly, just cause it's a "first issue" doesn't excatly make it rare or vauleable.

        Don't mean to bring you down dude, but having issue #1 of the Simpsons isn't really that big of a deal. I check on ebay just to be sure, they're not going for much. It's not like it's issue #1 of Spider man or something.
        signature My tattoo....
        Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
          • 3 years 7 days ago
          • Posts: 683
          Old_school_JJ wrote:
          Honestly, just cause it's a "first issue" doesn't excatly make it rare or vauleable.

          Don't mean to bring you down dude, but having issue #1 of the Simpsons isn't really that big of a deal. I check on ebay just to be sure, they're not going for much. It's not like it's issue #1 of Spider man or something.


          Don't be a dick.

          I have the first 7 or so issues of the Ren & Stimpey comic, but they've been toted around a few times. Great stuff.
          Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
            • 3 years 6 days ago
            • Posts: 1192
            yellow_submarine wrote:
            Old_school_JJ wrote:
            Honestly, just cause it's a "first issue" doesn't excatly make it rare or vauleable.

            Don't mean to bring you down dude, but having issue #1 of the Simpsons isn't really that big of a deal. I check on ebay just to be sure, they're not going for much. It's not like it's issue #1 of Spider man or something.


            Don't be a dick.

            I have the first 7 or so issues of the Ren & Stimpey comic, but they've been toted around a few times. Great stuff.


            I'm not being "a dick." I'm just stating the truth, just cause a comic book is a first issue doesn't make it rare or valueable. If the OP is proud of having issue one of the Simpsons, than that's great good for him, I'm not trying to bring him down as I first mention. I'm just stating the honest fact that not all issue ones of any comic book series is "rare" or "valueable."

            Especially since sadly, we probably live in the worst time of comic book value. There's not a lot of them that are truly going up in value. Like I said I checked on ebay, just to be sure and it's not going for much. That doesn't mean he shouldn't be happy with it, if he was truly happy to have it. I'm just stating a fact on the value of an item and that somehow makes me a "dick." It's not like I said the guy was a moron for being happy with Simpsons issue 1.

            I think if anyone is being a "dick." I might have to say it's you good sir.

            But to answer the original question, I have issue one of this comic book series...

            Superman: The Man of Steel
            Beavis and Butt-Head
            Witchblade
            Darkwing Duck (Boom Studios)

            There's probably a few more #1's in my collection, but I can't think of them right now.
            signature My tattoo....
            Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
              • 2 years 11 months ago
              • Posts: 683
              Old_school_JJ wrote:
              yellow_submarine wrote:
              Old_school_JJ wrote:
              Honestly, just cause it's a "first issue" doesn't excatly make it rare or vauleable.

              Don't mean to bring you down dude, but having issue #1 of the Simpsons isn't really that big of a deal. I check on ebay just to be sure, they're not going for much. It's not like it's issue #1 of Spider man or something.


              Don't be a dick.

              I have the first 7 or so issues of the Ren & Stimpey comic, but they've been toted around a few times. Great stuff.


              I'm not being "a dick." I'm just stating the truth, just cause a comic book is a first issue doesn't make it rare or valueable. If the OP is proud of having issue one of the Simpsons, than that's great good for him, I'm not trying to bring him down as I first mention. I'm just stating the honest fact that not all issue ones of any comic book series is "rare" or "valueable."

              Especially since sadly, we probably live in the worst time of comic book value. There's not a lot of them that are truly going up in value. Like I said I checked on ebay, just to be sure and it's not going for much. That doesn't mean he shouldn't be happy with it, if he was truly happy to have it. I'm just stating a fact on the value of an item and that somehow makes me a "dick." It's not like I said the guy was a moron for being happy with Simpsons issue 1.

              I think if anyone is being a "dick." I might have to say it's you good sir.


              Dick was a bit harsh. But if I had a pessimistic mentality as a kid, I may not have ever collected comics. My dad never told me the first issue of Captain Planet wouldn't be worth any money, he just let me find that out for myself.

              You're absolutely right about the values though. The flood of collectors in the 90s ruined it, when suddenly everyone thought all comics were worth money. Now any given comic on the stands has variant covers, limited print runs, etc. The shop I go to already has $13 priced on some of the new DC variant covers.
              Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                • 2 years 7 months ago
                • Posts: 205
                • Account Disabled
                I have read a lot of The Simpsons comics before they have them at my media centa in my school & i love them as for a Ren & Stimpy comic i found one on Ebay on the cover it had Ren & Stimpy & spiderman on it did not buy it though but could use a R&S comic in my comic book collection ive been collecting comics since 2001 & i use to go to this store called Shinders with my dad when i was a kid back in the 90s & early 00s & they sold comic books superhero toys candy posters magazines Yugio cards pokemon cards & stuff it was awesome its to bad its not around anymore RIP now i get my comics online or do
                Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                  • 2 years 7 months ago
                  • Posts: 205
                  • Account Disabled
                  What i do when i am bored dig threw my dads boxes of old Retro comics some date back to the 50s & belong to my grandpa & my dad still has some of his old comics from the 70s & 80s left over too & its awesome & sorry if i put the end of my comment here i posted it by acadent haaaaa.
                  Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                    • 2 years 7 months ago
                    • Posts: 74809
                    uhh.... you might wanna refrain from double posting and just use the edit button if you wanna add more to a post...
                    Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                      • 2 years 7 months ago
                      • Posts: 205
                      • Account Disabled
                      I know i did not see the edit button at first but now i know its there so i dont double post anymore. :)
                      Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                        • 2 years 5 months ago
                        • Posts: 87
                        I have this stupid Gameboy comic.
                        Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                        Search
                        Users Online