• 3 years 6 months ago
    • Posts: 504
    Do you remember McDonlads any differently then today if so how and whats different? Any fond Memories? Thanks
    Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
      • 3 years 6 months ago
      • Posts: 845
      Food was different. It was acutally bigger. I remember my mom would pull up to the drive thru, order me a happy meal with a small diet "pop" (I call it soda or the acutal name, Diet Coke). Now a days, it's coffee, cakes, ice cream, parfaits, burritos. I just remember hamburgers/cheeseburgers, french fries, sodas, apple pies, breakfast items and chicken nuggets.

      Oh yeah, McRib and McFish Sandwich. Also there were play places that are not even around anymore. There was one McDonalds where I use to live that had colorful waterfalls that you could sit behind them on a stool (bar stools) and watch the water cascade down different ways around the "M".
      "I've lead you down the road to Nostalgia, now it's your turn"


      "Pandamonium (PANDA!)"
      Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
        • 3 years 6 months ago
        • Posts: 74809
        I most remember the Playlands. They were cool because after eating you had something to do other than sit around listening to grown ups talk about boring grown up stuff. I still remember them having Merry Go `Rounds and the hamburger cop climbing thing. It had an opening you could jump out of. As a kid it seemed like it was a million feet in the air. Seeing it as a grown up it was more like 4 feet. Older kids would write funny graffiti in the tower.

        I also liked eating on the train they had. I was a big fan of trains as a kid so naturally pretending to drive the train ruled.
        Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
          • 3 years 6 months ago
          • Posts: 845
          DirtyD1979 wrote:
          I most remember the Playlands. They were cool because after eating you had something to do other than sit around listening to grown ups talk about boring grown up stuff. I still remember them having Merry Go `Rounds and the hamburger cop climbing thing. It had an opening you could jump out of. As a kid it seemed like it was a million feet in the air. Seeing it as a grown up it was more like 4 feet. Older kids would write funny graffiti in the tower.

          I also liked eating on the train they had. I was a big fan of trains as a kid so naturally pretending to drive the train ruled.



          I was the same way with Playlands, until I found out that kids were peeing in the ball pool; I stopped right there. I moved on to #1 Supersized with a Coke. Then came the adolescense and 215 # of fat and bulbous gut and legs. I got smart and stopped eating there. I weigh less now than I did when I was 14.
          "I've lead you down the road to Nostalgia, now it's your turn"


          "Pandamonium (PANDA!)"
          Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
            • 3 years 6 months ago
            • Posts: 4806
            Only thing I remember is that the Happy Meals came in the boxes with the golden arches and that the drinks were like regular sized, not all "courtesy cup size", like now, I think. I also only remember burgers, cheeseburgers, and chicken nuggets, and I guess those McDonald's cookies.

            I don't have too many fond memories. The McDonald's around me never had the play place to it and it wasn't often that my mom would take me there anyway. She'd take me maybe twice a month at the most, so it was always a treat (as a young kid) to get a Happy Meal.
            Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
              • 3 years 6 months ago
              • Posts: 1480
              I remember they used to have a bucket of fries. Who needs a whole bucket of fries? When I was a wee young lad their burgers like a big mac or what not seemed huge back then. I'm not a big fan of the MacDonalds, I prefer their rival, the king of burgers. We used to slide down the big slide in the play place on our trays. That was always fun, You can get some speed sliding on those trays.
              Shit happens when You fart naked

              Retro pimpin aint easy
              Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                • 3 years 6 months ago
                • Posts: 876
                I'll always remember the Mac Tonight ads during Arsenio Hall. It always made me want a big mac, which i did eat and it was huge! Got a bad stomach ache from it, but it was worth it. Ill also remember the nuggest ans the sweet n sour sauce and dunking my fries in it. I have fond memories of them, but dont really go there to often these days... Im more a chic fil a kinda guy
                "Keep the change you filthy animal..."
                Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                  • 3 years 6 months ago
                  • Posts: 2171
                  McDonalds was for sure a treat back when we were younger. It would be a friday afternoon lunch treat, a happy meal and a soda. It was a "we are about to grocery shopping, meet my dad at McDonalds for his lunch break from the shipyard "kind of deal. The toys were always well made and worth the trip. At the time it was the closest one to us, and it was half an hour away. When I was in 8th grade, they closed down a local mom and pop stand that sold awesome burgers and pizza and replaced it with a McDonalds. It was the first in the state to be a face to face order at the window instead of through a menu speaker. That lasted for a few years and then they went back to the menu speaker way of ordering. Since it was so close, especially in highschool, everyone went ALL the time and got burnt out on it. It just wasn't as good anymore and still isn't as good anymore.

                  :)
                  Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                    • 3 years 6 months ago
                    • Posts: 74809
                    mysticwryter wrote:
                    DirtyD1979 wrote:
                    I most remember the Playlands. They were cool because after eating you had something to do other than sit around listening to grown ups talk about boring grown up stuff. I still remember them having Merry Go `Rounds and the hamburger cop climbing thing. It had an opening you could jump out of. As a kid it seemed like it was a million feet in the air. Seeing it as a grown up it was more like 4 feet. Older kids would write funny graffiti in the tower.

                    I also liked eating on the train they had. I was a big fan of trains as a kid so naturally pretending to drive the train ruled.



                    I was the same way with Playlands, until I found out that kids were peeing in the ball pool; I stopped right there. I moved on to #1 Supersized with a Coke. Then came the adolescense and 215 # of fat and bulbous gut and legs. I got smart and stopped eating there. I weigh less now than I did when I was 14.


                    By the time the ballpit came around I outgrew Playland. :(
                    Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                      • 3 years 6 months ago
                      • Posts: 710
                      I remember the styrofoam hamburger containers. I remember when the orange juice had a foil lid that you would stab a hole in with the straw to open it.
                      In the playground I remember the yellow and red metal spiral slide and the hamburger merry go round. Also at McDonalds birthday parties when each child would get a clear plastic straw that had a McDonalds characters head moulded into it and also the little plastic spinning top each child would get at parties.
                      Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                        • 3 years 6 months ago
                        • Posts: 504
                        Alyssa_Branen wrote:
                        McDonalds was for sure a treat back when we were younger. It would be a friday afternoon lunch treat, a happy meal and a soda. It was a "we are about to grocery shopping, meet my dad at McDonalds for his lunch break from the shipyard "kind of deal. The toys were always well made and worth the trip. At the time it was the closest one to us, and it was half an hour away. When I was in 8th grade, they closed down a local mom and pop stand that sold awesome burgers and pizza and replaced it with a McDonalds. It was the first in the state to be a face to face order at the window instead of through a menu speaker. That lasted for a few years and then they went back to the menu speaker way of ordering. Since it was so close, especially in highschool, everyone went ALL the time and got burnt out on it. It just wasn't as good anymore and still isn't as good anymore.



                        yeah the toys aren't the same anymore. Any where. Remember the Pizza Hut toys?
                        Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                          • 3 years 6 months ago
                          • Posts: 45
                          I have good memories of the 6 piece McNuggets (with mustard sauce!) and the breakfast items. The Happy Meal toys never did much for me; I guess I had real toys at home. I still hit McDonald's occasionally for the breakfast items; otherwise it's no good to me.
                          Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                            • 3 years 6 months ago
                            • Posts: 2171
                            keerjeerclacko wrote:
                            Alyssa_Branen wrote:
                            McDonalds was for sure a treat back when we were younger. It would be a friday afternoon lunch treat, a happy meal and a soda. It was a "we are about to grocery shopping, meet my dad at McDonalds for his lunch break from the shipyard "kind of deal. The toys were always well made and worth the trip. At the time it was the closest one to us, and it was half an hour away. When I was in 8th grade, they closed down a local mom and pop stand that sold awesome burgers and pizza and replaced it with a McDonalds. It was the first in the state to be a face to face order at the window instead of through a menu speaker. That lasted for a few years and then they went back to the menu speaker way of ordering. Since it was so close, especially in highschool, everyone went ALL the time and got burnt out on it. It just wasn't as good anymore and still isn't as good anymore.



                            yeah the toys aren't the same anymore. Any where. Remember the Pizza Hut toys?






                            Yep! I remember getting a land before time hand puppet!
                            :)
                            Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                              • 3 years 6 months ago
                              • Posts: 845
                              Alyssa_Branen wrote:
                              keerjeerclacko wrote:
                              Alyssa_Branen wrote:
                              McDonalds was for sure a treat back when we were younger. It would be a friday afternoon lunch treat, a happy meal and a soda. It was a "we are about to grocery shopping, meet my dad at McDonalds for his lunch break from the shipyard "kind of deal. The toys were always well made and worth the trip. At the time it was the closest one to us, and it was half an hour away. When I was in 8th grade, they closed down a local mom and pop stand that sold awesome burgers and pizza and replaced it with a McDonalds. It was the first in the state to be a face to face order at the window instead of through a menu speaker. That lasted for a few years and then they went back to the menu speaker way of ordering. Since it was so close, especially in highschool, everyone went ALL the time and got burnt out on it. It just wasn't as good anymore and still isn't as good anymore.



                              yeah the toys aren't the same anymore. Any where. Remember the Pizza Hut toys?






                              Yep! I remember getting a land before time hand puppet!



                              wow....there's so much stuff that McDonalds sold!

                              I have one of those beanie babies from around the world; the green one from Ireland named Erin.

                              Still in the casing/box/wrapping.
                              "I've lead you down the road to Nostalgia, now it's your turn"


                              "Pandamonium (PANDA!)"
                              Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                • 3 years 6 months ago
                                • Posts: 3411
                                • Forum Admin
                                • Editor
                                • Category Admin
                                I remember one time in 5th grade that we went to McDonalds on the way back from a school trip. Most of us were 11 years old and we were playing in the play area until management told our teachers we were too old to be there. I didn't think that 11 years was that old.
                                Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                  • 3 years 6 months ago
                                  • Posts: 845
                                  Caps_2.0 wrote:
                                  I remember one time in 5th grade that we went to McDonalds on the way back from a school trip. Most of us were 11 years old and we were playing in the play area until management told our teachers we were too old to be there. I didn't think that 11 years was that old.


                                  Yeah they are sticklers about who plays in the playland. Where I live, the McDonalds had a sign posted for under 13 years old. I tried to get in there at 15 but they told me to get out of the ball pool beacuse I was too big. I told them to leave me alone. They did until my mom said to get the hell out of there.
                                  "I've lead you down the road to Nostalgia, now it's your turn"


                                  "Pandamonium (PANDA!)"
                                  Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                    • 3 years 6 months ago
                                    • Posts: 4550
                                    mysticwryter wrote:
                                    Caps_2.0 wrote:
                                    I remember one time in 5th grade that we went to McDonalds on the way back from a school trip. Most of us were 11 years old and we were playing in the play area until management told our teachers we were too old to be there. I didn't think that 11 years was that old.


                                    Yeah they are sticklers about who plays in the playland. Where I live, the McDonalds had a sign posted for under 13 years old. I tried to get in there at 15 but they told me to get out of the ball pool beacuse I was too big. I told them to leave me alone. They did until my mom said to get the hell out of there.


                                    GET THE HELL OUT YOUNG LADY lol

                                    I think I went in that thing maybe once or twice. It always felt germy in there. The last time I was a teen and stoned at the time.
                                    Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                      • 3 years 6 months ago
                                      • Posts: 845
                                      bassman21 wrote:
                                      mysticwryter wrote:
                                      Caps_2.0 wrote:
                                      I remember one time in 5th grade that we went to McDonalds on the way back from a school trip. Most of us were 11 years old and we were playing in the play area until management told our teachers we were too old to be there. I didn't think that 11 years was that old.


                                      Yeah they are sticklers about who plays in the playland. Where I live, the McDonalds had a sign posted for under 13 years old. I tried to get in there at 15 but they told me to get out of the ball pool beacuse I was too big. I told them to leave me alone. They did until my mom said to get the hell out of there.


                                      GET THE HELL OUT YOUNG LADY lol

                                      I think I went in that thing maybe once or twice. It always felt germy in there. The last time I was a teen and stoned at the time.



                                      God, mom! I just wanna play.

                                      Yeah after a while when I saw a kid screwing around in the ball pool area, I lost the intrest of ever going into a playland area.
                                      "I've lead you down the road to Nostalgia, now it's your turn"


                                      "Pandamonium (PANDA!)"
                                      Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                        • 3 years 6 months ago
                                        • Posts: 2882
                                        Whenever i saw the ball pit i always used to wonder how many kids pissed in it, the same thought that would cross my mind every time i hopped into a public pool.
                                        Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                          • 3 years 6 months ago
                                          • Posts: 876
                                          How.could I forget the breakfasts?! I used to love when my mom would.buy me a hotcake breakfast. I loved the sausage patties and would make a sausage biscuit... Two breakfasts items for the price of one!
                                          "Keep the change you filthy animal..."
                                          Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                          Search
                                          Users Online