• avatar
    • 4 years 3 months ago
    • Posts: 534
    ^Oops! I just realized Josie was a 70s cartoon and the thread calls for 80s and 90s toons, but it was a stupid concept nonetheless.
    Garfield: "My car is so old, that it's insured against theft, flood, fire and dinosaur stampedes!"

    Garfield: "The local bus transit is doing their part to help with the weight loss program: each year, they stop further and further away from the curb!
    Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
      • 4 years 3 months ago
      • Posts: 74809
      princess_of_power wrote:
      Pinky, Elmyra and the Brain: It was a great day in the WB new concept room when they decided to bring one of the worst and unstable characters from Tiny Toons and put her with some of the most well-received characters from Animaniacs for no apparent reason.



      What else makes it a facepalm moment is the fact that despite pretty much anybody and everybody who ever watched Tiny Toons hated Elmyra, the execs loved her and wanted to get her her own show. So they forced the guys making Pinky and the Brain into including her. It was all downhill from there. Hopefully they learned their lesson and keep that stupid, obnoxious, pile of crap Elmyra the hell out of any future cartoons.
      Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
      • avatar
        • 4 years 3 months ago
        • Posts: 4806
        I never hated Elmyra's character. I thought she was funny. Getting down to it, I don't remember disliking any Tiny Toon's character. Now Pinky and the Brain, I didn't dislike the characters, I just never cared much for their cartoons.

        As for Pinky, Elmyra, and the Brain, never seen it, but I do remember it.
        Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
        • avatar
          • 4 years 3 months ago
          • Posts: 9
          chokeslam wrote:
          Cow and Chicken
          -I could almost accept a Chicken and a Cow as brother and sister but the fact that they had human parents just pushed me over the edge.


          Agree about that one, totally! I also used to think that the "devil" (if that's what it's supposed to be) was very creepy! There was also this show that I think was made by the same creators: I am weasel, I r baboon!
          ~~You've come to the right place! I would suggest a Lobotomy!
          Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
          • avatar
            • 4 years 3 months ago
            • Posts: 4806
            Clockwork_Carousel wrote:
            chokeslam wrote:
            Cow and Chicken
            -I could almost accept a Chicken and a Cow as brother and sister but the fact that they had human parents just pushed me over the edge.


            Agree about that one, totally! I also used to think the "devil" (if that's what it's supposed to be) was very creepy! There was also this show that I think was made by the same creators: I am weasel, I r baboon!
            It was shown as a part of the Cow & Chicken show. It's sorta like how Two Stupid Dogs would show, for the second cartoon, a new Secret Squirrel cartoon.
            Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
            • avatar
              • 4 years 2 months ago
              • Posts: 3807
              The worst are the ones that were canceled or that no one remembers. Exhibit A:

              Cowboys of Moo Mesa

              Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
              • avatar
                • 4 years 2 months ago
                • Posts: 4806
                Sunriser wrote:
                The worst are the ones that were canceled or that no one remembers. Exhibit A:

                Cowboys of Moo Mesa

                I loved watching that as a kid, despite the lack of logic involved in it. I still have one VHS tape of the show someplace. :lol:
                Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                • avatar
                  • 4 years 2 months ago
                  • Posts: 458
                  CatDog. This came on around the time I was getting older and starting to drift away from Nickelodeon. It just seemed like such a stupid show, and remember this coming from the same channel that had a show about fat cat and angry chiuaua living together with homosexual undertones. So saying that CatDog is stupid is saying a lot.

                  Angry Beavers was pretty stupid too.
                  Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                    • 3 years 10 months ago
                    • Posts: 27
                    Pokeman...bananas n pajamas...killer tomatoes...
                    Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                    • avatar
                      • 3 years 10 months ago
                      • Posts: 515
                      Do kids' game shows count? If so, I would say Think Fast, because I never heard of the show until now, and many of the things they did on the show was considered stupid and disturbing to parents.

                      Here's a video of the show, and how it became infamous for being one of the worst children's shows for its stupid concepts:

                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpGQrNGhwJk
                      “You know, bras are okay. Socks and T-shirts are only going to make me trip.” - Jakob Dylan
                      Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                      • avatar
                        • 3 years 10 months ago
                        • Posts: 56
                        I always thought Ed, Edd,and Eddie was a stupid show even when I was growing up.

                        Come to think of it "Rocko's Modern Life" and "Ren and Stimpy" were pretty pointless as well.
                        Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                          • 3 years 10 months ago
                          • Posts: 56
                          caninesrock wrote:
                          I always thought Ed, Edd,and Eddie was a stupid show even when I was growing up.

                          Come to think of it "Rocko's Modern Life" and "Ren and Stimpy" were pretty pointless as well.


                          Rocko's Modern Life was a parody of American society, dumbass. Pretty solid concept.
                          Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                          • avatar
                            • 3 years 10 months ago
                            • Posts: 56
                            TheEducator wrote:
                            caninesrock wrote:
                            I always thought Ed, Edd,and Eddie was a stupid show even when I was growing up.

                            Come to think of it "Rocko's Modern Life" and "Ren and Stimpy" were pretty pointless as well.


                            Rocko's Modern Life was a parody of American society, dumbass. Pretty solid concept.

                            Not really. I know what parodies are and some are done quite well like Robin Hood Men in Tights, Spaceballs, Kappa Mikey, etc. It was just a bunch of tiolet humor. Now maybe if it was marketed for Adult Swim it wouldn't have been a stupid concept,but the fact that they marketed it as a kid's show was stupid. My mom and many of my friends parents forbide their kids from watching it because of it being inappropiate.I snuck watching an episode or two and saw why. And as for that last part, at least I'm smart enough to not call someone I don't even know a name just because they don't like a show that I like. Seriously. Why does almost everyone on the internet feel need to call someone who disagrees with them a dumbass like they have the maturity of a five year old? *rolls eyes*
                            Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                            • avatar
                              • 3 years 10 months ago
                              • Posts: 3807
                              SSJ_Jup81 wrote:
                              DCPuppyGirl wrote:
                              Captain Planet- It was just a stupid PSA cartoon.
                              So, by your logic, any cartoon that's made for the sole purpose of teaching is a stupid concept? Darn, might as well toss Cro in there too.


                              I'm late to the party on this reaction, but... Noooo! Not Croooo!
                              Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                • 3 years 10 months ago
                                • Posts: 56
                                caninesrock wrote:
                                TheEducator wrote:
                                caninesrock wrote:
                                I always thought Ed, Edd,and Eddie was a stupid show even when I was growing up.

                                Come to think of it "Rocko's Modern Life" and "Ren and Stimpy" were pretty pointless as well.


                                Rocko's Modern Life was a parody of American society, dumbass. Pretty solid concept.

                                Not really. I know what parodies are and some are done quite well like Robin Hood Men in Tights, Spaceballs, Kappa Mikey, etc. It was just a bunch of tiolet humor. Now maybe if it was marketed for Adult Swim it wouldn't have been a stupid concept,but the fact that they marketed it as a kid's show was stupid. My mom and many of my friends parents forbide their kids from watching it because of it being inappropiate.I snuck watching an episode or two and saw why. And as for that last part, at least I'm smart enough to not call someone I don't even know a name just because they don't like a show that I like. Seriously. Why does almost everyone on the internet feel need to call someone who disagrees with them a dumbass like they have the maturity of a five year old? *rolls eyes*


                                Uh, no.

                                You are an unbelievable imbecile.

                                You can't disagree with me without being flat-out wrong. This isn't even debatable. Rocko's Modern Life is a satire. Calling it "just a bunch of toilet humor" means you are too stupid to understand it. Kids not understanding it is to be expected; most kids don't grasp satire. But to not get it when you're an adult? Utterly pathetic.

                                Seriously, how can you watch the "airline" episode or Rocko's getting elected dog catcher or "Closet Clown" and not pick up on the concept?

                                There were some sexual references thrown in on occasion, but that wasn't the point of the show.

                                Also, the fact that it was on Nickelodeon and not targeted towards kids doesn't make it a "stupid concept." The show was brilliant. It was just on the wrong channel.
                                Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                • avatar
                                  • 3 years 10 months ago
                                  • Posts: 2806
                                  Definitely Rubek the Amazing Cube...lol It doesn't get much stupider than that...lol
                                  Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                  • avatar
                                    • 3 years 10 months ago
                                    • Posts: 158
                                    Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                    • avatar
                                      • 3 years 10 months ago
                                      • Posts: 508
                                      Bananas in Pajamas too. :twisted:
                                      Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                      • avatar
                                        • 3 years 10 months ago
                                        • Posts: 56
                                        @TheEducator: Who said anything about me having seen it recently? The last time I saw it was when I was a kid. And what's really utterly pathetic is that you can't take someone insulting a show you like without getting all huffy puffy. Chill out,dude. It's not an insult to you personally, just to the show. It's not that big of a deal. I could care less if someone insults a show I like because it's not like it's a personal insult where they insulted me.
                                        Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                          • 3 years 10 months ago
                                          • Posts: 56
                                          caninesrock wrote:
                                          @TheEducator: Who said anything about me having seen it recently? The last time I saw it was when I was a kid. And what's really utterly pathetic is that you can't take someone insulting a show you like without getting all huffy puffy. Chill out,dude. It's not an insult to you personally, just to the show. It's not that big of a deal. I could care less if someone insults a show I like because it's not like it's a personal insult where they insulted me.


                                          The problem is what you wrote is objectively wrong. Saying, "I don't like X" is an opinion. Saying, "Rocko's Modern Life was just a bunch of toilet humor" is flat-out false.

                                          I didn't know you were only 19, though; I suppose you still have time to overcome the brainwashing your suburbanite parents put you through with that typical, "this is inappropriate for childwen. Childwen's shows should be really simple and lack subtleties. Childwen must not be subjected to edgy, intelligent content" rhetoric.

                                          I was lucky that my parents weren't really like that, though they had their moments where they bought into some of it with the "TV causes violence" whackjobs. But I was able to watch whatever I wanted on Nickelodeon, at least.
                                          Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                          Search