• 4 years 6 days ago
    • Posts: 370
    • Globally Banned
    I would put the one from Theme Park as the most frightening because how it played Chopin's "Funeral March" in the background. Also the desk light turning itself off in the NES version of Dick Tracy.

    For the stupidest, I would pick the one from the first DKC with Diddy and Donkey all battered and beaten. Plus, the one from the Game Gear version of Beavis and Butt-head, where they stand in a knee-deep mud puddle and they are dressed as girls.

    But my most favorite one of all is the Return of Ganon/Game Over screen from Legend of Zelda 2. This also includes G.O. screens from the games listed below:

    King of the Monsters (Neo Geo) - This is the one with the destructed town and a human hand protruding from the remains of a destructed building.
    Mike Tyson's Punch Out!! "Start training, make a comeback!"
    Robocop (NES) "Robocop is never discouraged. Let's start again!"
    Final Fantasy VII (The one with the film reel, as you already know)
    Paperboy (Arcade) - PAPERBOY CALLS IT QUITS! Front-page news on the Daily Sun!
    Panic Restaurant (NES) - The little closed sign and the owner sleeping.
    Road Runner (NES) - "That's all, folks!" with Road Runner smiling at the player.
    Rule of Rose (PS2) - Love that little verse about a little princess who finally finds her grave and it's the day after her funeral where "everyone lived happily ever after. End"

    And lastly, my most favorite one of all, the one from Sim City with the star and moon with the little text below that says "See you soon. Good-Bye!"

    What is the most frightening Game Over screen you can think of or remember very well? Stupidest G.O. screen? Your most favorite of all? Let me know.
    Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
      • 4 years 6 days ago
      • Posts: 1497
      • Account Disabled
      Scary like closing logos? 8)
      Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
        • 4 years 6 days ago
        • Posts: 370
        • Globally Banned
        Siouxsie wrote:
        Scary like closing logos? 8)


        Yeah I think so, when it comes to Game Over screens like that.
        Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
          • 4 years 3 days ago
          • Posts: 370
          • Globally Banned
          nalydbokaj wrote:
          I would put the one from Theme Park as the most frightening because how it played Chopin's "Funeral March" in the background. Also the desk light turning itself off in the NES version of Dick Tracy.

          For the stupidest, I would pick the one from the first DKC with Diddy and Donkey all battered and beaten. Plus, the one from the Game Gear version of Beavis and Butt-head, where they stand in a knee-deep mud puddle and they are dressed as girls.

          But my most favorite one of all is the Return of Ganon/Game Over screen from Legend of Zelda 2. This also includes G.O. screens from the games listed below:

          King of the Monsters (Neo Geo) - This is the one with the destructed town and a human hand protruding from the remains of a destructed building.
          Mike Tyson's Punch Out!! "Start training, make a comeback!"
          Robocop (NES) "Robocop is never discouraged. Let's start again!"
          Final Fantasy VII (The one with the film reel, as you already know)
          Paperboy (Arcade) - PAPERBOY CALLS IT QUITS! Front-page news on the Daily Sun!
          Panic Restaurant (NES) - The little closed sign and the owner sleeping.
          Road Runner (NES) - "That's all, folks!" with Road Runner smiling at the player.
          Rule of Rose (PS2) - Love that little verse about a little princess who finally finds her grave and it's the day after her funeral where "everyone lived happily ever after. End"

          And lastly, my most favorite one of all, the one from Sim City with the star and moon with the little text below that says "See you soon. Good-Bye!"

          What is the most frightening Game Over screen you can think of or remember very well? Stupidest G.O. screen? Your most favorite of all? Let me know.


          Is anyone telling me about any Game Over screens they can remember that was scary or stupid? I haven't been given any good responses in several days.
          Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
            • 4 years 1 hour ago
            • Posts: 2806
            I always thought this one was pretty stupid and anti-climatic:



            Friday The 13th for NES.
            Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
              • 3 years 11 months ago
              • Posts: 370
              • Globally Banned
              jango52577 wrote:
              I always thought this one was pretty stupid and anti-climatic:



              Friday The 13th for NES.


              I thought that one was creepy. And there also was another one in that same game that said: "JASON WIPED OUT THE CHILDREN. GAME OVER"
              Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                • 3 years 11 months ago
                • Posts: 1138
                • Account Disabled
                How about the game over screen that says "Get lost Punk!" it's for the NES but I forget the name of the game though
                Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                  • 3 years 11 months ago
                  • Posts: 411
                  I'm sorry but how many threads do we have like this?
                  Always playing as Yoshi since 1995!
                  Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                    • 3 years 11 months ago
                    • Posts: 370
                    • Globally Banned
                    Wind_Adept wrote:
                    How about the game over screen that says "Get lost Punk!" it's for the NES but I forget the name of the game though


                    Could it be Renegade?
                    Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                      • 3 years 11 months ago
                      • Posts: 370
                      • Globally Banned
                      minimaster58 wrote:
                      I'm sorry but how many threads do we have like this?


                      None of your concern.
                      Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                        • 3 years 11 months ago
                        • Posts: 25
                        "RoboCop 2"s game over screen was frightening to me as a kid - Robocop dismanteled and on life support...
                        Also the Ninja Gaiden arcade game "Game Over" screen was scary - some demonic faces looking at a tied-up Ryu as a bansaw comes down on him...
                        Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                          • 3 years 11 months ago
                          • Posts: 74809
                          minimaster58 wrote:
                          I'm sorry but how many threads do we have like this?


                          just two... i don't know why this one exists either
                          Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                            • 3 years 11 months ago
                            • Posts: 370
                            • Globally Banned
                            nalydbokaj wrote:
                            jango52577 wrote:
                            I always thought this one was pretty stupid and anti-climatic:



                            Friday The 13th for NES.


                            I thought that one was creepy. And there also was another one in that same game that said: "JASON WIPED OUT THE CHILDREN. GAME OVER"


                            Sorry, the other one was supposed to say "JASON WIPED OUT THE KIDS. GAME OVER", not "JASON WIPED OUT THE CHILDREN. GAME OVER". Big mistake, I stand corrected.
                            Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                              • 10 months 8 days ago
                              • Posts: 15
                              • Globally Banned
                              Panic Restaurant was a cool game!
                              Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                • 10 months 7 days ago
                                • Posts: 700
                                Fear had some scary parts.
                                Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                  • 9 months 26 days ago
                                  • Posts: 544
                                  Sonic CD (American OST)
                                  signature
                                  Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                    • 9 months 26 days ago
                                    • Posts: 4
                                    Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                      • 9 months 25 days ago
                                      • Posts: 1366


                                      Hearing the screams of dying Bioderms. Poor Mentor at :55 lol
                                      Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                        • 9 months 17 days ago
                                        • Posts: 44
                                        nalydbokaj wrote:
                                        nalydbokaj wrote:
                                        I would put the one from Theme Park as the most frightening because how it played Chopin's "Funeral March" in the background. Also the desk light turning itself off in the NES version of Dick Tracy.

                                        For the stupidest, I would pick the one from the first DKC with Diddy and Donkey all battered and beaten. Plus, the one from the Game Gear version of Beavis and Butt-head, where they stand in a knee-deep mud puddle and they are dressed as girls.

                                        But my most favorite one of all is the Return of Ganon/Game Over screen from Legend of Zelda 2. This also includes G.O. screens from the games listed below:

                                        King of the Monsters (Neo Geo) - This is the one with the destructed town and a human hand protruding from the remains of a destructed building.
                                        Mike Tyson's Punch Out!! "Start training, make a comeback!"
                                        Robocop (NES) "Robocop is never discouraged. Let's start again!"
                                        Final Fantasy VII (The one with the film reel, as you already know)
                                        Paperboy (Arcade) - PAPERBOY CALLS IT QUITS! Front-page news on the Daily Sun!
                                        Panic Restaurant (NES) - The little closed sign and the owner sleeping.
                                        Road Runner (NES) - "That's all, folks!" with Road Runner smiling at the player.
                                        Rule of Rose (PS2) - Love that little verse about a little princess who finally finds her grave and it's the day after her funeral where "everyone lived happily ever after. End"

                                        And lastly, my most favorite one of all, the one from Sim City with the star and moon with the little text below that says "See you soon. Good-Bye!"

                                        What is the most frightening Game Over screen you can think of or remember very well? Stupidest G.O. screen? Your most favorite of all? Let me know.


                                        Is anyone telling me about any Game Over screens they can remember that was scary or stupid? I haven't been given any good responses in several days.

                                        I actually thought that game over screen was pretty ballsy, check out The Angery Video Gamer Nerd's take on it. Funny stuff right there! Lol!
                                        Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                        Search