• 5 years 6 months ago
    • Posts: 559
    • Account Disabled
    Furienna wrote:
    velcrohead wrote:
    Dear Dumbasses,

    Cartoon Network is for children. You know, those small humans that are 20 years younger than you?

    Time to move on, find other channels on the dial.

    Signed,
    Life

    Cartoons can be enjoyed by grown-ups too though.


    True. I'm 16, and I think Chowder and Flapjack are the funniest cartoons I've seen in a LONG time.
    Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
      • 5 years 4 months ago
      • Posts: 72
      • Globally Banned
      The only show I watch there there now is Fapjack
      Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
        • 5 years 4 months ago
        • Posts: 7419
        thefallen wrote:
        Fapjack
        HAHAHAHAHAHAH
        TMNT wrote:
        Movin` on up!! To the East side Blah blah Blah Movin on up Gaints lol.
        Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
          • 5 years 4 months ago
          • Posts: 5947
          • Account Disabled
          Mezase_Master wrote:
          thefallen wrote:
          Fapjack
          HEEYIYIYIYIYIYIYIYIYIYI!


          fixed.
          Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
            • 5 years 4 months ago
            • Posts: 1577
            WHAM! wrote:
            Why do they show live action shows on CARTOON NETWORK, anyway? Doesn't make sense to me.


            Because it's anything they think might appeal to the kids of today, and anything for high ratings. I just don't watch, but I think this CN Real thing is more of a summer thing and will die off soon after. Out of Jimmy's Head didn't last long, just as Tickle U was mentioned.

            I do disaprove of these shows and that sport thing like Slamball being there, it makes you feel like you turned on the wrong channel... :?
            Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
              • 5 years 4 months ago
              • Posts: 5947
              • Account Disabled
              chrisno51 wrote:
              WHAM! wrote:
              Why do they show live action shows on CARTOON NETWORK, anyway? Doesn't make sense to me.


              Because it's anything they think might appeal to the kids of today, and anything for high ratings. I just don't watch, but I think this CN Real thing is more of a summer thing and will die off soon after. Out of Jimmy's Head didn't last long, just as Tickle U was mentioned.

              I do disaprove of these shows and that sport thing like Slamball being there, it makes you feel like you turned on the wrong channel... :?


              They could throw in live action as long as there was even the slightest element of animation in it. And i hated Out of Jimmy's Head, how dare they call it an original when it clearly wasn't.
              Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                • 5 years 4 months ago
                • Posts: 2531
                • Account Disabled
                chrisno51 wrote:


                I do disaprove of these shows and that sport thing like Slamball being there, it makes you feel like you turned on the wrong channel... :?


                Out of all the weird ass shit they've done, bringing SLAMBALL back on Cartoon Network is the weirdest. I mean at least with all the other shows it was centered around kids. I thought it was a Spike TV commercial when I first saw that shit. WHO are they trying to appeal to with that on its network??
                Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                  • 5 years 4 months ago
                  • Posts: 5947
                  • Account Disabled
                  DMoney89 wrote:
                  chrisno51 wrote:


                  I do disaprove of these shows and that sport thing like Slamball being there, it makes you feel like you turned on the wrong channel... :?


                  Out of all the weird ass shit they've done, bringing SLAMBALL back on Cartoon Network is the weirdest. I mean at least with all the other shows it was centered around kids. I thought it was a Spike TV commercial when I first saw that shit. WHO are they trying to appeal to with that on its network??


                  you know how kids grow up n all. theyre probably trying to be the next...god forbid...nickelodeon.
                  Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                    • 5 years 4 months ago
                    • Posts: 589
                    Goomba_64 wrote:
                    DebrisStorm wrote:
                    Goomba_64 wrote:
                    DebrisStorm wrote:
                    Another Cartoon Network/Nickelodeon/Nick At Night/Adult Swim cry fest thread. Just what we need.

                    (Yes, I read the first sentence.)

                    Who cries about Adult Swim? That is the best block of programing on TV EVER.


                    The ones without taste on here. :wink:
                    Like Me?
                    I watch Adult Swim, mostly for King of The Hill and Robot Chicken.


                    The Venture Brothers is also a very good and well written show plus there is a good mix anime on the block.
                    [img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y4/Gunda
                    Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                      • 5 years 4 months ago
                      • Posts: 716
                      liukangx wrote:
                      Reality shows ruin any channel, just look at vh1


                      And both MTVs and G4TV. Anyway, I heard all of the CN Real shows bombed in terms of ratings. Unfoortunaltely though, there is a strong rumor that this fall, CN will stop making and showing cartoons, change its name, and become a children's reality-based station. This was supposedly dumped by one of the writers of Chowder who was fired by the network saying that they were "closing thier Animation Guild".
                      Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                        • 5 years 4 months ago
                        • Posts: 498
                        I remember when the good Cartoon Network came out back in the day I'm a grown man wanting to sit home on Saturday afternnoons watching all those great ol' school toons.But those dies are LOOOONG gone.
                        Being ol' school may have happened in the past but it WILL ALWAYS be my present and future
                        Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                          • 5 years 4 months ago
                          • Posts: 26
                          • Account Disabled
                          As long as if I have Adult Swim, then I really don't care. I haven't watched the regular Cartoon Network since I was 8 anyways.
                          Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                            • 5 years 4 months ago
                            • Posts: 3919
                            For the first time ever they said "boobs" on cartoon network.

                            In Total Drama Action, some chick said "Its not like I showed him my boobs or something"

                            That is a first


                            [ur
                            Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                              • 5 years 4 months ago
                              • Posts: 2531
                              • Account Disabled
                              liukangx wrote:
                              For the first time ever they said "boobs" on cartoon network.

                              In Total Drama Action, some chick said "Its not like I showed him my boobs or something"

                              That is a first


                              It's only a matter of time before they start using ass, ho, bitch, skankly drawn cartoon pole dancers, gold grilled cartoon rabbits, and 2 Live Crew songs in all their shows.

                              THE GOOMBA WAS RIGHT!!!!!!!!
                              Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                • 5 years 4 months ago
                                • Posts: 567
                                DMoney89 wrote:
                                liukangx wrote:
                                For the first time ever they said "boobs" on cartoon network.

                                In Total Drama Action, some chick said "Its not like I showed him my boobs or something"

                                That is a first


                                It's only a matter of time before they start using ass, ho, bitch, skankly drawn cartoon pole dancers, gold grilled cartoon rabbits, and 2 Live Crew songs in all their shows.

                                THE GOOMBA WAS RIGHT!!!!!!!!

                                Yeah,They did say "boobs' on Total Drama Island, and they are a alot of sluts on Total Drama Island as well.
                                I never said I hated Cartoon Network, aside from TDI, I liked how CN appealed to the kids, and tried something different, They cartoons are good as the ones from the 90's. At Least they don't play the same crap over and over again like on Nick.
                                Anyway,I got my wish, CN Real bombed,And I will just Adult Swim, and ignore whatever on line-up currently.

                                knuclear200x wrote:
                                Naruto123 wrote:
                                Earthbound64... son of a bitch!


                                EWW thats a stupid game i hate that game for it is stupid yes.

                                "When MMOs Die...


                                ...Blizzard laughs"
                                Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                  • 5 years 3 months ago
                                  • Posts: 92
                                  The worst thing that can happen to CN is be like what MTV was a few years ago.
                                  Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                    • 1 year 8 months ago
                                    • Posts: 5
                                    Maybe it is a generational thing. I thought Nick, Cartoon Network, The Disney Channel, and the Saturday Morning Cartoons were good (or at least decent) up until about the mid 2000's.

                                    The shows I enjoyed from CN:

                                    Almost all the classic 'toons they showed... Tom and Jerry, Looney Tunes, Popeye, Droopy, Flintstones, Scooby Doo...
                                    Basically All the anime they showed/show... Naruto, Bleach, Dragonball, Big O, Inyusha
                                    Dexter's Lab (pre-movie)
                                    Johnny Bravo (well, it tried to jump the shark more than once)
                                    What A Cartoon
                                    Cow and Chicken and I Am Weasel
                                    Time Squad
                                    Billy, Mandy and the Grim Reaper (can't remember the real title)
                                    Samurai Jack
                                    Ed, Edd, and Eddy
                                    PowerPuff Girls (pre-movie)
                                    Courage, The Cowardly Dog
                                    Megas Xlr
                                    Codename, Kids Next Door
                                    Juniper Lee
                                    The Sheep in the Big City
                                    Fosters Home (well, it was decent)
                                    Space Ghost, Coast to Coast, Home Movies, ATHF, and a few other AS shows.

                                    I either hated these shows or thought they were sub-par:

                                    Robot Jones
                                    My Gym Partner is a Monkey
                                    Chowder
                                    Flapjack
                                    Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi
                                    Squirrel Boy
                                    Class of 3000
                                    Camp Lazlo (was a Joe Murray toon, but was sure as hell was no Rocko's Modern Life)
                                    Ben Ten
                                    Out of Jimmy's Head (made me give up on being a regular CN viewer.)
                                    Johnny Test (made me give up on being a regular viewer)
                                    Every after 2007 which I did not mention... Except Adventure Time, Sym Bionic Titans and Regular Show are actually good. Some of those shows are quite brilliant, actually.
                                    Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                      • 1 year 8 months ago
                                      • Posts: 1785
                                      That_00s_Guy wrote:
                                      Maybe it is a generational thing. I thought Nick, Cartoon Network, The Disney Channel, and the Saturday Morning Cartoons were good (or at least decent) up until about the mid 2000's.

                                      But the shows you don't like are still all cartoons. They don't represent a format change in the channel taking it completely opposite of what it originally was. That's what the four year old OP is about.
                                      tangspot2 wrote:
                                      Mrs. stake you say some nasty on my threads. Dirty bitch
                                      Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                        • 1 year 8 months ago
                                        • Posts: 697
                                        Most channels are afraid of taking risks right now. That's why there's more re-runs, movies and scripted "reality" shows. Its much cheaper than having a big launch for a traditional animated show that may not blow up right away.
                                        Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                          • 1 year 8 months ago
                                          • Posts: 92
                                          What's next, imfomercials on CN?
                                          Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                          Search