• 5 years 4 months ago
    • Posts: 162
    I come in and out of writers block all the time so its hard to tell,but i usually dish it out in chucks at the correct time.
    Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
      • 5 years 4 months ago
      • Posts: 187
      I am currently working on an article about the Addams Family.
      Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
        • 5 years 4 months ago
        • Posts: 5947
        • Account Disabled
        I;m thinking about writing a What If-themed Pokemon article...i just have to researrch a few things
        Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
          • 5 years 4 months ago
          • Posts: 719
          knuclear200x wrote:
          I;m thinking about writing a What If-themed Pokemon article...i just have to researrch a few things


          Sounds cool. I hope it goes a bit deeper than just "What if Pokemon didn't come to be" or "What if Pokemon hadn't been that popular".

          Maybe you could try working things from a different angle. For example "What if Digimon were the more succesful of the two -----mon shows" or "What if Pokemon became a game for adults" or something. I don't know. There are a shitload of possibilities to scribble about. You'll probably find something.

          Oh maybe you know this already but Bulbapedia is a good site for research.
          Latest article: http://www.retrojunk.com/details_articles/7494/
          Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
            • 5 years 3 months ago
            • Posts: 5947
            • Account Disabled
            WinegumZero wrote:
            knuclear200x wrote:
            I;m thinking about writing a What If-themed Pokemon article...i just have to researrch a few things


            Sounds cool. I hope it goes a bit deeper than just "What if Pokemon didn't come to be" or "What if Pokemon hadn't been that popular".

            Maybe you could try working things from a different angle. For example "What if Digimon were the more succesful of the two -----mon shows" or "What if Pokemon became a game for adults" or something. I don't know. There are a shitload of possibilities to scribble about. You'll probably find something.

            Oh maybe you know this already but Bulbapedia is a good site for research.


            Bulbapedia was my inspiration
            Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
              • 5 years 3 months ago
              • Posts: 719
              Well then it's safe to say you know about. Two "Retroactive" articles are almost done and will be submitted posthaste.

              An idea came to me a while ago though. I think I'm going to write something about my first ever music festival. Yep that brings back memories.
              Latest article: http://www.retrojunk.com/details_articles/7494/
              Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                • 5 years 3 months ago
                • Posts: 39
                I'm thinking about submitting a few articles. I have one about Saturday Morning Cartoons written. It's a basic history and the how and why they came to be. I'm letting it sit for a while and read it with new eyes so I can tell if it's crappy or not. I'm also halfway through one about The Noid and what a sadistic dick he is. I'm also contemplating writing something about LJN.
                Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                  • 5 years 3 months ago
                  • Posts: 586
                  • Globally Banned
                  VampKei wrote:
                  I'm thinking about submitting a few articles. I have one about Saturday Morning Cartoons written. It's a basic history and the how and why they came to be. I'm letting it sit for a while and read it with new eyes so I can tell if it's crappy or not. I'm also halfway through one about The Noid and what a sadistic dick he is. I'm also contemplating writing something about LJN.


                  Somebody is FINALLY taking my advice.

                  Good call.
                  Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                    • 5 years 3 months ago
                    • Posts: 563
                    *Movie preview guy's voice*

                    "Coming soon, the ultimate action-hero mash-up between two legends who pushed the borders of manliness to new levels will go head to head...

                    Schwarzenegger!.....Stallone! Will battle it out as to who is the ultimate action-hero of all time.

                    It'll be epic...explosive.... and entertaining.

                    Rated R (for Retro-fun!)"
                    :D

                    Just kicking a few ideas here and there.
                    Tell me how I'm supposed to breathe with no air?
                    Can't live, can't breathe with no air
                    Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                      • 5 years 3 months ago
                      • Posts: 39
                      Velcrohead, I don't know why anyone wouldn't do that. It just makes sense. You can't be that much of an egomaniac thinking, "THIS IS F'ING BRILLIANT! I MUST POST IT THIS SECOND!" I know I can write well, but I can also write shitty. So, best thing to do is wait, and see. Just seems like common sense to me...
                      Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                        • 5 years 3 months ago
                        • Posts: 586
                        • Globally Banned
                        VampKei wrote:
                        Velcrohead, I don't know why anyone wouldn't do that. It just makes sense. You can't be that much of an egomaniac thinking, "THIS IS F'ING BRILLIANT! I MUST POST IT THIS SECOND!" I know I can write well, but I can also write shitty. So, best thing to do is wait, and see. Just seems like common sense to me...


                        Yet, when you read the articles here, 90 percent of them are done that way.
                        Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                          • 5 years 3 months ago
                          • Posts: 925
                          vkimo wrote:
                          Well I took up the pen again. My newest article is something I started on almost 4 months ago then took it back up again and totally reworked it. I hope you guys like camping.


                          I used to go camping all the time when I was a kid, its almost required when your a Newfoundlander haha. Sounds like it will be a fun one, can't wait.


                          http://www.moviefancentral.com/tbondrage99

                          My first article was posted on February 29th 2008 (Leap Year!!) :)
                          Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                            • 5 years 3 months ago
                            • Posts: 275
                            • Account Disabled
                            I'm in the midst of writing an article about songs and how they are like themes for my relationships with family & freinds
                            Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                              • 5 years 3 months ago
                              • Posts: 925
                              You will be judged negatively in the unlikely event that it sucks.


                              http://www.moviefancentral.com/tbondrage99

                              My first article was posted on February 29th 2008 (Leap Year!!) :)
                              Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                • 5 years 3 months ago
                                • Posts: 5947
                                • Account Disabled
                                Near the end of 2009, im going to make a log of all the cartoons i have seen from this year to 2000. I'll start from end to the very beginning by discussing the new toons to the ones from 2000
                                Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                  • 5 years 3 months ago
                                  • Posts: 3411
                                  • Forum Admin
                                  • Editor
                                  • Category Admin
                                  Another noted retro personality has agreed to do an interview with me. She's busy right now, but she has agreed to work with me. It will be up in a few months. I'm still thinking of articles to write within that time as well. I have some ideas in the hopper, but I'll be taking my time with them.
                                  Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                    • 5 years 3 months ago
                                    • Posts: 925
                                    I've all but scrapped every article I've mentioned on this thread. They still exist in one way or another and some MIGHT still see the light of day but not without major reworking, I don't want to put up something I'm not happy with.


                                    http://www.moviefancentral.com/tbondrage99

                                    My first article was posted on February 29th 2008 (Leap Year!!) :)
                                    Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                      • 5 years 3 months ago
                                      • Posts: 429
                                      I'm working on a series about vacations. I'm focusing on the car trips right now.
                                      Recipe for nostalgia: Mix 80's and 90's culture. Stir in some good memories. Add a dash of reflection. Mixture should now taste bittersweet. Shake well and enjoy!
                                      Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                        • 5 years 2 months ago
                                        • Posts: 925
                                        I have FINALLY finished my wrestling article and its HUGE. Now I'll just sit on it for a day or two and re-read it a dozen times to see if I can avoid any stupid errors in it. Bet I'll still miss a few.


                                        http://www.moviefancentral.com/tbondrage99

                                        My first article was posted on February 29th 2008 (Leap Year!!) :)
                                        Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                          • 5 years 2 months ago
                                          • Posts: 1293
                                          i'm taking a break for a minute. might get inspiration while on vacation. but when football starts i shut down.
                                          Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                          Search