• avatar
    • 6 years 4 months ago
    • Posts: 420
    Anyone ever seen this interesting gallery of fighting games made before Street Fighter II was created?

    http://hg101.classicgaming.gamespy.com/fighters/fighters.htm

    Warrior isn't the very first fighting game, it was actually Sega's 1976 black-and-white arcade game, Heavyweight Champ.
    Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
    • avatar
      • 6 years 4 months ago
      • Posts: 7419
      They all suck, especially Street Fighter.
      TMNT wrote:
      Movin` on up!! To the East side Blah blah Blah Movin on up Gaints lol.
      Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
        • 6 years 4 months ago
        • Posts: 74809
        Mezase_Master wrote:
        They all suck, especially Street Fighter.


        so true, so true
        Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
        • avatar
          • 6 years 4 months ago
          • Posts: 70
          • Globally Banned
          I like Street Fighter 2 most of all
          Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
          • avatar
            • 6 years 4 months ago
            • Posts: 489
            hehe , cool ...

            i allways wanted to have the arcade cabinet of Pit-Fighter ,

            but then Mortal Kombat came along and i was hooked even more ...

            Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
            • avatar
              • 6 years 4 months ago
              • Posts: 546
              I've played Karateka on the 7800, and thought it was fun at the time. I think I'd played Onna Sansirou while living in Japan, but I'm not sure.
              http://www.thespacesheriffblog.com/
              Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                • 6 years 4 months ago
                • Posts: 5947
                • Account Disabled
                anyone eevr play joy mech fight? it came 2 years after sf2 though
                Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                • avatar
                  • 6 years 4 months ago
                  • Posts: 3706
                  interesting read. How about some missed out fighters that came out after sf2? like jojo's bizarre adventure.
                  Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                  • avatar
                    • 6 years 4 months ago
                    • Posts: 489
                    Drakon wrote:
                    interesting read. How about some missed out fighters that came out after sf2? like jojo's bizarre adventure.


                    Missed out ?

                    I still play JoJo once in a while on my cps3-emulator :)
                    Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                    • avatar
                      • 6 years 4 months ago
                      • Posts: 420
                      knuclear200x wrote:
                      anyone eevr play joy mech fight? it came 2 years after sf2 though


                      That game has one of the largest rosters in fighting game history: 36 characters.
                      Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                        • 6 years 4 months ago
                        • Posts: 74809
                        Heh, they should make a list of forgotten fighters post-Street Fighter II.

                        Eternal Champions: Challenge from the Dark Side all the way.
                        Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                        • avatar
                          • 6 years 3 months ago
                          • Posts: 489
                          Baloo wrote:
                          Heh, they should make a list of forgotten fighters post-Street Fighter II.

                          Eternal Champions: Challenge from the Dark Side all the way.


                          Eternal Champions gameplay was choppy.

                          Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                          • avatar
                            • 6 years 3 months ago
                            • Posts: 420
                            Baburu wrote:
                            Mezase_Master wrote:
                            They all suck, especially Street Fighter.


                            so true, so true


                            That's like saying "Shigeru Miyamoto sucks. Mario rocks." No Miyamoto, no Mario.

                            Several fighting games gave Capcom some ideas on how to make an extremely popular fighting game franchise.
                            Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                              • 6 years 3 months ago
                              • Posts: 74809
                              CHANCE_SUNDANCE wrote:
                              Baloo wrote:
                              Heh, they should make a list of forgotten fighters post-Street Fighter II.

                              Eternal Champions: Challenge from the Dark Side all the way.


                              Eternal Champions gameplay was choppy.



                              Then you haven't played the one on Sega CD.
                              Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                              • avatar
                                • 6 years 3 months ago
                                • Posts: 7419
                                parrothead1983 wrote:
                                Baburu wrote:
                                Mezase_Master wrote:
                                They all suck, especially Street Fighter.


                                so true, so true


                                That's like saying "Shigeru Miyamoto sucks. Mario rocks." No Miyamoto, no Mario.
                                No it's not, it's not like that at all. Do you think Shigeru Miyamoto is a game that was a precursor to Mario or something? You can like a sequel to a game, but hate the original game, or vice versa.

                                Well, maybe not you, but real human beings who can think beyond their pre-programmed A.I. can.
                                TMNT wrote:
                                Movin` on up!! To the East side Blah blah Blah Movin on up Gaints lol.
                                Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                • avatar
                                  • 6 years 3 months ago
                                  • Posts: 6045
                                  Besides, Shiggy made Radarscope, which sucked.
                                  I must enter a signature.
                                  Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                  • avatar
                                    • 6 years 3 months ago
                                    • Posts: 420
                                    Miyamoto created Mario. If Miyamoto didn't exist, then Mario (and nearly every other platformer inspired by the Donkey Kong arcades and the Mario series) wouldn't exist.
                                    Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                    • avatar
                                      • 6 years 3 months ago
                                      • Posts: 7419
                                      parrothead1983 wrote:
                                      Miyamoto created Mario. If Miyamoto didn't exist, then Mario (and nearly every other platformer inspired by the Donkey Kong arcades and the Mario series) wouldn't exist.
                                      TMNT wrote:
                                      Movin` on up!! To the East side Blah blah Blah Movin on up Gaints lol.
                                      Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                      • avatar
                                        • 6 years 3 months ago
                                        • Posts: 3706
                                        I agree they all suck. But I'm sure sf2 took some great ideas out of other games as well.
                                        Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                          • 6 years 3 months ago
                                          • Posts: 1497
                                          • Account Disabled
                                          I can't believe Andrew And babs didn't stick up for any of the games... There were like 5 in the list that didn't suck...
                                          Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                          Search