• avatar
    • 6 years 8 months ago
    • Posts: 750
    I know this is a pretty obvious post, but I'm still going to ask anyway. Which one do you think would have a better chance of winning?

    I would say the Old School Cartoon Network, for obvious reasons.
    Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
      • 6 years 8 months ago
      • Posts: 3365
      • Account Disabled
      I still like the old cartoon network better.
      Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
        • 6 years 8 months ago
        • Posts: 74809
        This thread is obvious, the old Cartoon Network. And what I mean by old is prior to 1998.
        Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
        • avatar
          • 6 years 8 months ago
          • Posts: 750
          grindcore_fan wrote:
          This thread is obvious, the old Cartoon Network. And what I mean by old is prior to 1998.


          Prior to 1998? Heck, it should be prior to 2004, because that's when the crap started airing.
          Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
            • 6 years 8 months ago
            • Posts: 2608
            • Account Disabled
            *waits for ImAllTheRage to post*

            And for the record, grindcore fan was born in the late 70s so maybe the network went downhill before 2004 for him, but all this shit is subjective. The network hasn't gone downhill, you are just out of the target audience. If my kids enjoy it, then it's good with me.

            It's not like if Cartoon Network didn't air shitty shows back then either. It's just that people remember the good and forget the bad. Remember Hair Bear Bunch? Snorks? Pound Puppies? Jabberjaw? Those shows sucked dick from a straw and the only reason why you like them because you grew up with them.
            Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
              • 6 years 8 months ago
              • Posts: 5947
              • Account Disabled
              we all know the answer and this thread should be locked. even though im opposed to the obvious answer.
              Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                • 6 years 7 months ago
                • Posts: 282
                • Globally Banned
                Old school cartoon network all the way. I thought Cartoon Network's new look in 2004 was cool at first because it was different. But sooner or later it became pure crap & I knew it.

                Old school Cartoon Network will always be remembered by the users of retrojunk. That's includes me.
                Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                  • 6 years 7 months ago
                  • Posts: 74809
                  I guess I'm the only one who stopped watching Cartoon Network before 2004.
                  Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                  • avatar
                    • 6 years 7 months ago
                    • Posts: 404
                    I think I not only choose the Old Cartoon Network as the best answer but also the CGI City look up until 2006. Well, I believe that a lot of you people are fed up with the new Cartoon Network (probably because of the changes in Cartoon Network's face, format, appearance, etc., a decline in the quality of Cartoon Network programming and productions made by CN, and because of the stuff that they show right now, etc.) these days. If your hatred of the new Cartoon Network heat up, well, then, that will be a bad break for Ted Turner and Cartoon Network executives as well. To me, Cartoon Network hadn't been good even since Genndy Tartakovsky left Cartoon Network and Cartoon Network Studios in 2005 to join the VFX company, the Orphanage and set up an animation studio there.

                    Somebody posted a comment on one of Snapple924's video compilations of Cartoon Network intros, promos and commercials (Part 4 to be exact) requesting that CN fans and everyone else must pressure CN to bring back the Old Cartoon Network and even Toonami by going to their feedback site. Here it is:

                    wrote:
                    EVERYONE LISTEN UP!!!!

                    GO TO THE CN WEBSITE AND GO TO THE FEEDBACK AND SEND CN MESSAGES TO BRING BACK THE OLD CARTOONETWORK AND THE CLASSIC TOONAMI! If we keep sending them messages along with everyone else on youtube, we might have a good chance having the classic cartoonetwork and the old toonami back with its monday through friday scedule!Because the more we annoy CN the better! So WHO'S WITH ME!? COPY AND PASTE to all CN and toonami related videos!
                    -510thizzin


                    Well, if everyone can do what that Youtube user rallied them to do, then, the ongoing battle to get Cartoon Network to bring back the OLD CN and even Toonami would heat up. But I have a warning for everyone who longs for the Old Cartoon Network. If Cartoon Network finds out that Everyone (especially those on YouTube) are posting messages on their feedback page, pressuring or challenging them to bring back the Old Cartoon Network and Classic Toonami, then, Cartoon Network will declare all of you who do so as annoying and serious threats to Cartoon Network and its climate, etc. and soon there would be carnage, etc.

                    But if they listen and relented, and change Cartoon Network and Toonami back to the way it was, before 2004 or so, and/or if I succeed in making the Dexter's Odyssey films back to back with Warner Bros., Legendary Pictures and CN, and releasing Dexter's Odyssey in 9 three hour long episodes or so, beginning with Dexter's Odyssey: Episode I, Then, there would hopefully be a new Cartoon Network Renaissance, one which would bring back the old Cartoon Network and Toonami content back to the channel, and would combine that with newer CN shows that are descended from What A Cartoon and the upcoming show, Cartoonstitute (coming in either 2009 or 2010) thus making Cartoon Network once again the channel that it once was and always will be. Plus, In the likelihood of a Cartoon Network renaissance or so, then prepare yourself to see the Old Cartoon Network and even Toonami again for the first time as a Cartoon Network that never was---and always will be.
                    Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                      • 6 years 7 months ago
                      • Posts: 3365
                      • Account Disabled
                      timbox129 wrote:
                      Somebody posted a comment on one of Snapple924's video compilations of Cartoon Network intros, promos and commercials (Part 4 to be exact) requesting that CN fans and everyone else must pressure CN to bring back the Old Cartoon Network and even Toonami by going to their feedback site. Here it is:

                      wrote:
                      EVERYONE LISTEN UP!!!!

                      GO TO THE CN WEBSITE AND GO TO THE FEEDBACK AND SEND CN MESSAGES TO BRING BACK THE OLD CARTOONETWORK AND THE CLASSIC TOONAMI! If we keep sending them messages along with everyone else on youtube, we might have a good chance having the classic cartoonetwork and the old toonami back with its monday through friday scedule!Because the more we annoy CN the better! So WHO'S WITH ME!? COPY AND PASTE to all CN and toonami related videos!
                      -510thizzin


                      Well, if everyone can do what that Youtube user rallied them to do, then, the ongoing battle to get Cartoon Network to bring back the OLD CN and even Toonami would heat up. But I have a warning for everyone who longs for the Old Cartoon Network. If Cartoon Network finds out that Everyone (especially those on YouTube) are posting messages on their feedback page, pressuring or challenging them to bring back the Old Cartoon Network and Classic Toonami, then, Cartoon Network will declare all of you who do so as annoying and serious threats to Cartoon Network and its climate, etc. and soon there would be carnage, etc.


                      I've seen that message before and it's never gonna work. What's worse is I cannot BELIEVE how many people actually think this would work. It's not. Cartoon Network is not gonna go back to the way it was in 1992, 1997, or even 2004. They changed the network because there's a new generation of kids watching it, so they can't have the same old format forever (besides, I think their format from 1997 was used long enough). That's just like how normal networks operate, they change their old format and use a completely different format.

                      I'm also hoping for more of their older Cartoon Cartoons to be released on DVD. They released the first season of The Powerpuff Girls and their gonna release the complete series this month. I also heard from an interactive chat with the people at TVshowsonDVD.com and Warner Home Video that they're gonna look into seeing if they'll be able to release Dexter's Laboratory on DVD.
                      Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                      • avatar
                        • 6 years 7 months ago
                        • Posts: 795
                        blueluigi wrote:
                        timbox129 wrote:
                        Somebody posted a comment on one of Snapple924's video compilations of Cartoon Network intros, promos and commercials (Part 4 to be exact) requesting that CN fans and everyone else must pressure CN to bring back the Old Cartoon Network and even Toonami by going to their feedback site. Here it is:

                        wrote:
                        EVERYONE LISTEN UP!!!!

                        GO TO THE CN WEBSITE AND GO TO THE FEEDBACK AND SEND CN MESSAGES TO BRING BACK THE OLD CARTOONETWORK AND THE CLASSIC TOONAMI! If we keep sending them messages along with everyone else on youtube, we might have a good chance having the classic cartoonetwork and the old toonami back with its monday through friday scedule!Because the more we annoy CN the better! So WHO'S WITH ME!? COPY AND PASTE to all CN and toonami related videos!
                        -510thizzin


                        Well, if everyone can do what that Youtube user rallied them to do, then, the ongoing battle to get Cartoon Network to bring back the OLD CN and even Toonami would heat up. But I have a warning for everyone who longs for the Old Cartoon Network. If Cartoon Network finds out that Everyone (especially those on YouTube) are posting messages on their feedback page, pressuring or challenging them to bring back the Old Cartoon Network and Classic Toonami, then, Cartoon Network will declare all of you who do so as annoying and serious threats to Cartoon Network and its climate, etc. and soon there would be carnage, etc.


                        I've seen that message before and it's never gonna work. What's worse is I cannot BELIEVE how many people actually think this would work. It's not. Cartoon Network is not gonna go back to the way it was in 1992, 1997, or even 2004. They changed the network because there's a new generation of kids watching it, so they can't have the same old format forever (besides, I think their format from 1997 was used long enough). That's just like how normal networks operate, they change their old format and use a completely different format.

                        I'm also hoping for more of their older Cartoon Cartoons to be released on DVD. They released the first season of The Powerpuff Girls and their gonna release the complete series this month. I also heard from an interactive chat with the people at TVshowsonDVD.com and Warner Home Video that they're gonna look into seeing if they'll be able to release Dexter's Laboratory on DVD.


                        Well said, times have changed obviousley and they are now focusing on a newer younger audience and have to adapt to it. A simple message will not work, as most of these kinda things or even online petitions never work. I guess we just hope for more dvd releases.
                        Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                        • avatar
                          • 6 years 7 months ago
                          • Posts: 10125
                          The old CN. Duh!
                          thecrow174: Lover of martial arts cinema.
                          Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                            • 6 years 7 months ago
                            • Posts: 2608
                            • Account Disabled
                            timbox129 wrote:
                            I think I not only choose the Old Cartoon Network as the best answer but also the CGI City look up until 2006. Well, I believe that a lot of you people are fed up with the new Cartoon Network (probably because of the changes in Cartoon Network's face, format, appearance, etc., a decline in the quality of Cartoon Network programming and productions made by CN, and because of the stuff that they show right now, etc.) these days. If your hatred of the new Cartoon Network heat up, well, then, that will be a bad break for Ted Turner and Cartoon Network executives as well. To me, Cartoon Network hadn't been good even since Genndy Tartakovsky left Cartoon Network and Cartoon Network Studios in 2005 to join the VFX company, the Orphanage and set up an animation studio there.

                            Somebody posted a comment on one of Snapple924's video compilations of Cartoon Network intros, promos and commercials (Part 4 to be exact) requesting that CN fans and everyone else must pressure CN to bring back the Old Cartoon Network and even Toonami by going to their feedback site. Here it is:

                            wrote:
                            EVERYONE LISTEN UP!!!!

                            GO TO THE CN WEBSITE AND GO TO THE FEEDBACK AND SEND CN MESSAGES TO BRING BACK THE OLD CARTOONETWORK AND THE CLASSIC TOONAMI! If we keep sending them messages along with everyone else on youtube, we might have a good chance having the classic cartoonetwork and the old toonami back with its monday through friday scedule!Because the more we annoy CN the better! So WHO'S WITH ME!? COPY AND PASTE to all CN and toonami related videos!
                            -510thizzin


                            Well, if everyone can do what that Youtube user rallied them to do, then, the ongoing battle to get Cartoon Network to bring back the OLD CN and even Toonami would heat up. But I have a warning for everyone who longs for the Old Cartoon Network. If Cartoon Network finds out that Everyone (especially those on YouTube) are posting messages on their feedback page, pressuring or challenging them to bring back the Old Cartoon Network and Classic Toonami, then, Cartoon Network will declare all of you who do so as annoying and serious threats to Cartoon Network and its climate, etc. and soon there would be carnage, etc.

                            But if they listen and relented, and change Cartoon Network and Toonami back to the way it was, before 2004 or so, and/or if I succeed in making the Dexter's Odyssey films back to back with Warner Bros., Legendary Pictures and CN, and releasing Dexter's Odyssey in 9 three hour long episodes or so, beginning with Dexter's Odyssey: Episode I, Then, there would hopefully be a new Cartoon Network Renaissance, one which would bring back the old Cartoon Network and Toonami content back to the channel, and would combine that with newer CN shows that are descended from What A Cartoon and the upcoming show, Cartoonstitute (coming in either 2009 or 2010) thus making Cartoon Network once again the channel that it once was and always will be. Plus, In the likelihood of a Cartoon Network renaissance or so, then prepare yourself to see the Old Cartoon Network and even Toonami again for the first time as a Cartoon Network that never was---and always will be.


                            I can't even believe people actually take that seriously. That will definitely not work as they don't really give a fuck about what people older than 14 thinks about their programming. They just need to realize that it's over and they need to move on. They can't keep airing the same damn shows forever. Wouldn't it get old?
                            Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                            • avatar
                              • 6 years 7 months ago
                              • Posts: 404
                              Well, I can't move on without Dexter's Laboratory, The Powerpuff Girls, Samurai Jack and Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends!!! I have seen these shows more often on the internet now! My fascination with Dexter's Lab, the Powerpuff Girls, Samurai Jack and Foster's Home is not over for me!!!

                              If I ever made my nine-episode saga, Dexter's Odyssey (based around the first two shows that I've mention, Dexter's Lab and the Powerpuff Girls, featuring the same characters (especially from Dexter's first 2 seasons), but with elements of Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Jurassic Park, and elements of other stuff thrown in for good measure), which I intended to be a landmark merging of live action, special and visual effects wizardry (both old and new), 2D Traditional hand drawn cel cartoon animation (remaining true and more faithful to the look, style, depth, flavor, character designs, animation/background/drawing art style, etc. of the old seasons of Dexter's Lab, the Ego Trip movie, and the Powerpuff Girls show and movie but with sophisicated shadows, lighting and shading to make them very three dimensional and life like, as they interact with creatures, characters and other surroundings, either live action, miniature or digital), CGI, animatronics, practical makeup, effects, characters and creatures, and a blend of lvie action sets and locations, miniature model sets, and digital CG environments and digital matte paintings, to name just a few, It would be my duty to look back and pay homage to the past (especially the old Cartoon Network shows like Dexter's Lab and the Powerpuff Girls and Samurai Jack and Foster's Home), while looking forward to the future (by shooting the nine Dexter's Odyssey episodes (clocking in at 3 hours or more) back to back in one immense process and across several continents all over the world using 24P HD Digital Video progressive scan cameras, among other things). I hope that my Dexter's Odyssey project will be going to be like no other live action and 2D and/or 3D animated movies since Who Framed Roger Rabbit and Space Jam that has gone before.

                              Not all people will give up their shows and not all of them are ready to move on! I swear to God that I will never give up my fascination and relationship with Dexter's Lab, the Powerpuff Girls, Samurai Jack and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, and I will never move on without these shows! I would rather look back at and pay homage to the past, while looking forward to the future.
                              Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                • 6 years 7 months ago
                                • Posts: 1438
                                • Account Disabled
                                I like both. The old Cartoon Network for the Cartoon Cartoons and theatrical shorts in particular. I could never get into most of those Hanna Barbera cartoons. Most of them were awful and most people don't remember when their schedule was mostly Hanna Barbera cartoons.

                                I like the new Cartoon Network for [adult swim] mainly. I don't watch most of the daytime CN shows since they don't really appeal to my tastes, but I don't hate them. I do watch Chowder and Flapjack.
                                Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                  • 6 years 7 months ago
                                  • Posts: 3365
                                  • Account Disabled
                                  I will admit that Cartoon Network has gotten better compared to last year in my opinion (or at least more tolerable). I'm actually able to sit through shows like Chowder, Flapjack, Total Drama Island, Batman: The Brave and the Bold. Last year, they had shows that's less watchable for me, primarilly the stuff that's on Fried Dynamite. I couldn't sit through shows like Squrrel Boy, My Gym Partner's a Monkey, and of course, Out of Jimmy's Head.
                                  Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                    • 6 years 7 months ago
                                    • Posts: 74809
                                    gustogummi wrote:
                                    timbox129 wrote:
                                    I think I not only choose the Old Cartoon Network as the best answer but also the CGI City look up until 2006. Well, I believe that a lot of you people are fed up with the new Cartoon Network (probably because of the changes in Cartoon Network's face, format, appearance, etc., a decline in the quality of Cartoon Network programming and productions made by CN, and because of the stuff that they show right now, etc.) these days. If your hatred of the new Cartoon Network heat up, well, then, that will be a bad break for Ted Turner and Cartoon Network executives as well. To me, Cartoon Network hadn't been good even since Genndy Tartakovsky left Cartoon Network and Cartoon Network Studios in 2005 to join the VFX company, the Orphanage and set up an animation studio there.

                                    Somebody posted a comment on one of Snapple924's video compilations of Cartoon Network intros, promos and commercials (Part 4 to be exact) requesting that CN fans and everyone else must pressure CN to bring back the Old Cartoon Network and even Toonami by going to their feedback site. Here it is:

                                    wrote:
                                    EVERYONE LISTEN UP!!!!

                                    GO TO THE CN WEBSITE AND GO TO THE FEEDBACK AND SEND CN MESSAGES TO BRING BACK THE OLD CARTOONETWORK AND THE CLASSIC TOONAMI! If we keep sending them messages along with everyone else on youtube, we might have a good chance having the classic cartoonetwork and the old toonami back with its monday through friday scedule!Because the more we annoy CN the better! So WHO'S WITH ME!? COPY AND PASTE to all CN and toonami related videos!
                                    -510thizzin


                                    Well, if everyone can do what that Youtube user rallied them to do, then, the ongoing battle to get Cartoon Network to bring back the OLD CN and even Toonami would heat up. But I have a warning for everyone who longs for the Old Cartoon Network. If Cartoon Network finds out that Everyone (especially those on YouTube) are posting messages on their feedback page, pressuring or challenging them to bring back the Old Cartoon Network and Classic Toonami, then, Cartoon Network will declare all of you who do so as annoying and serious threats to Cartoon Network and its climate, etc. and soon there would be carnage, etc.

                                    But if they listen and relented, and change Cartoon Network and Toonami back to the way it was, before 2004 or so, and/or if I succeed in making the Dexter's Odyssey films back to back with Warner Bros., Legendary Pictures and CN, and releasing Dexter's Odyssey in 9 three hour long episodes or so, beginning with Dexter's Odyssey: Episode I, Then, there would hopefully be a new Cartoon Network Renaissance, one which would bring back the old Cartoon Network and Toonami content back to the channel, and would combine that with newer CN shows that are descended from What A Cartoon and the upcoming show, Cartoonstitute (coming in either 2009 or 2010) thus making Cartoon Network once again the channel that it once was and always will be. Plus, In the likelihood of a Cartoon Network renaissance or so, then prepare yourself to see the Old Cartoon Network and even Toonami again for the first time as a Cartoon Network that never was---and always will be.


                                    I can't even believe people actually take that seriously. That will definitely not work as they don't really give a fuck about what people older than 14 thinks about their programming. They just need to realize that it's over and they need to move on. They can't keep airing the same damn shows forever. Wouldn't it get old?


                                    Well, I was almost 14 when Cartoon Network first came out. I watched it all day long during it's first day of existence. I didn't even go to school that day. At least they didn't play the same 8 shows like they do now.

                                    And I may be alone, but I think most of the stuff on Adult Swim is flat out stupid and appeals more to 11 year olds rather than adults.
                                    Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                      • 6 years 7 months ago
                                      • Posts: 1438
                                      • Account Disabled
                                      Well, Cartoon Network can't keep airing the same old Hanna Barbera cartoons forever. Granted, it was a good idea for like a month or two, but after a while, you get sick of it. I'm glad Cartoon Network has original programming on instead of rerunning Scooby Doo 99 times a week.
                                      Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                      • avatar
                                        • 6 years 7 months ago
                                        • Posts: 1577
                                        Oldschool CN for me. Boomerang just doesn't cut it. especially since it is in such fewer homes and you need to have Sat or a select Digital Cable (That actually carries it!)

                                        I would like to see Adult Swim become it's own network (they have enough materials, they could fill in with shows that are underplayed or ones that are in reruns that they no longer show. Then they could fill CN's night line-up with the older stuff and keep it switching to different shows each week, instead of having Boomerang.

                                        It's just a thought.
                                        Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                        • avatar
                                          • 6 years 6 months ago
                                          • Posts: 582
                                          • Globally Banned
                                          Old Cartoon Network. It just had more variety, better programming, and better status.

                                          I also enjoyed seeing the older commercials they used to have on that station, especially when you saw the older cartoon characters (the Scooby Doo gang, Droopy, Fred Flintstone) interact with the newer ones (Ed, Edd n Eddy, Powerpuff girls, etc). I didn't get the station until about 1996 or 1997, so I'm unsure what the station was like in it's early years.

                                          The new Cartoon Network, on the other hand, is a joke.
                                          Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                          Search