• 8 years 8 months ago
    • Posts: 74809
    FreeFallingEagle wrote:
    Now i find that pokemon isn't as good as i thought it was (It's too bad they changed Ash's voice) but i still remember some classic episodes that i did like.


    Actually Veronica Taylor has voiced Ash from the beginning I believe.
    Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
      • 8 years 8 months ago
      • Posts: 74809
      if she did then she completly changed his voice. Wtch the first the episodes and then watch some of the newer ones, you'll see the difference. I noticed it very quickly.
      Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
        • 8 years 8 months ago
        • Posts: 74809
        FreeFallingEagle wrote:
        if she did then she completly changed his voice. Wtch the first the episodes and then watch some of the newer ones, you'll see the difference. I noticed it very quickly.


        Oh I know what your talking about, and I believe it's called character development. The same thing happened with Rugrats. Remember in the first season? Tommy's voice was quiet like and was very different than the latest episodes. It was still the same voice actress though.

        Now actually SOME characters did have different voice actors, like James for instance. He had a different guy playing him for the first... 11 episodes I believe until he was replaced with the guy who voices Brock.

        What I find really funny though is the pronunciation of Pokemon, the E wasn't accented in the first... oh I don't know how many episodes, but watch about the first 3 episodes, and the way it is pronouced, it sounds like Poka mon
        Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
          • 8 years 8 months ago
          • Posts: 4805
          FreeFallingEagle wrote:
          if she did then she completly changed his voice. Wtch the first the episodes and then watch some of the newer ones, you'll see the difference. I noticed it very quickly.
          Like others have pointed out, Veronica Taylor still voices him. I, personally, always preferred how she voiced him in the very beginning.
          Proto Man wrote:
          Now actually SOME characters did have different voice actors, like James for instance. He had a different guy playing him for the first... 11 episodes I believe until he was replaced with the guy who voices Brock.
          Yeah. Ted Lewis voiced him in the beginning, who also voiced Kenji (Tracey for here, but I knew him as "Kenji" first and sticking with it), the announcer in those Pokemon Stadium games, Giovanni of TR, as well as lots of miscellaneous characters.
          Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
            • 8 years 8 months ago
            • Posts: 74809
            Oh and another voice change that really annoys me is the narrator! I am pretty sure it's a different person now, and in fact, it sounds like that guy from 4Kids TV on Fox. I liked the old narrator!

            Also, I remember Pokemon used to be SOOO funny. Then it stopped being funny for the longest time until Johto when Jesse got Wobafett, then it started being funny again. Now it's just.... blah.
            Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
              • 8 years 8 months ago
              • Posts: 74809
              ok well i never said they changed actors just voices. and funny enough i do know what you mean about the rugrats voice change, that was a good call.

              yeah i think your right, the narrator sounds different. I never noticed though, or i did and forgot as one does.
              Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                • 8 years 8 months ago
                • Posts: 220
                Badkitty wrote:
                You guys see that episode of South Park were thier spoofing pokemon, that was freakin hilarious. Pokemon is fucking retarded, like Derrick said it ruined cartoons. Someone tell me what exactly is the piont of that cartoon other than to sell crappy merchandise. I mean it has no story and absoutly no thought behind it. it is mind numbing

                chinpokomon



                Pokemon's existence was justified by that episode of South Park.

                It sucks because pokemon led to the current trend in kid's cartoons where all the heroes just play games instead of saving the world. X-Men Evolution got canned but that other crap still gets played.
                Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                  • 8 years 8 months ago
                  • Posts: 1839
                  Anonymous wrote:
                  I hate anything that ends in "Mon"



                  lol yeah....
                  I am: "Female Ninja Assassin", "Kakashi's Biggest Fan", "Local Naruto Nerd", "Scarer of the Noobs", "Youngest Person on RJ", "Pirate Ninja Sailormouth of the RJ Seas", "Queen of Randomness", and "Navigator on the S.S. Retrojunk."
                  Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                    • 8 years 8 months ago
                    • Posts: 9769
                    How about starts in mon

                    like monster rancher

                    :P
                    Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                      • 8 years 8 months ago
                      • Posts: 74809
                      I loved Monster Rancher. I always wanted to travel like he did.
                      Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                        • 8 years 8 months ago
                        • Posts: 4805
                        I liked Monster Rancher too.
                        hulkamania85 wrote:
                        It sucks because pokemon led to the current trend in kid's cartoons where all the heroes just play games instead of saving the world. X-Men Evolution got canned but that other crap still gets played.
                        IT's not our fault that the US sucks when it comes to how they show their programs (I've always griped about this, even as a kid). As I pointed out earlier, as long as they keep releasing games for this series, and the show stays extremely popular as it is in Japan, there will always be a series for us to dub over.

                        That aside, Pokemon's genre is more than likely Adventure if anything. It's about a boy on a quest to becoming the world's greatest trainer. In the beginning, I felt it was a mix of that, as well as his hoping to meet up with his father, but I think the writers totally forgot about that aspect of the story.
                        Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                          • 8 years 8 months ago
                          • Posts: 74809
                          I don't know, it will probably be just another episode, well maybe 2, he will just meet his father in the middle of nowhere then he will go on his merry while with a gum drop smile.

                          ~Eagle
                          Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                            • 8 years 8 months ago
                            • Posts: 4805
                            FreeFallingEagle wrote:
                            I don't know, it will probably be just another episode, well maybe 2, he will just meet his father in the middle of nowhere then he will go on his merry while with a gum drop smile.

                            ~Eagle
                            I still bet the writers forgot about that since that show has been going on for far too long. I wonder if it's going to become another Doraemon in terms of length. I think that show has been going on since either the 1960s or 1970s.
                            Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                              • 8 years 8 months ago
                              • Posts: 214
                              HEY KIDS!!! IT'S SEIZURE TIME!!!
                              In space, no one can hear you scream
                              Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                • 8 years 8 months ago
                                • Posts: 74809
                                Anonymous wrote:
                                was pokemon around in the 80's in america?


                                SSJ Jup81 wrote:
                                I think that show has been going on since either the 1960s or 1970s.


                                Holy cow, lol. I am sorry people but I am starting to wonder where you are getting these numbers. FOR THE LAST TIME, POKEMON STARTED IN 1996! The show was released in both Japan and US in about 1997, and the Red/Blue game was released in the US in 1998.

                                Also, SSJ Jup81, no offense to you, but think a little, Nintendo didn't even have Mario in the 70's.

                                Now that the issue is clear, I would like to see Ash's father myself, but like some people have said, the writers probably forgot all about his father. Heh, maybe someone should sit then down in front of the first episode, maybe it will remind them of that, AND how great the show USED to be.
                                Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                  • 8 years 8 months ago
                                  • Posts: 9769
                                  I thought the ideas of pokemon came around in ~1990

                                  -shrugs-
                                  Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                    • 8 years 8 months ago
                                    • Posts: 74809
                                    I wish they'd show Monster Rancher again in the UK, My favourite character was Tiger.
                                    But yea, I used to be obsessed with Pokemon also right up until I discovered DBZ, And then even better anime afterwards, But that doesn't mean I've neglected Pokemon all together I watch it every now and again for kicks. I'm even guilty of having my very own Pokemon Mary-Sue complete with Charizard and a whole other bunch of fire Pokemon.


                                    -Safty
                                    Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                      • 8 years 8 months ago
                                      • Posts: 4805
                                      Proto Man wrote:
                                      Anonymous wrote:
                                      was pokemon around in the 80's in america?
                                      SSJ Jup81 wrote:
                                      I think that show has been going on since either the 1960s or 1970s.
                                      Holy cow, lol. I am sorry people but I am starting to wonder where you are getting these numbers. FOR THE LAST TIME, POKEMON STARTED IN 1996! The show was released in both Japan and US in about 1997, and the Red/Blue game was released in the US in 1998.

                                      Also, SSJ Jup81, no offense to you, but think a little, Nintendo didn't even have Mario in the 70's.
                                      I wasn't talking about Pokemon. I was talking about Doraemon and how I think that's been around since the 60s or 70s, and wonder if Pokemon is doomed to last that long in terms of length, just as Doraemon. You didn't read my entire post.

                                      That aside, there's way too big a gap for Pokemon's show to have started in both the US and Japan in the same year, and you must remember, the show was yanked off for a good few months as well in Japan (after Electric Soldier Porygon's ep), and we're still considerably behind them. It started in Japan in 1997, I'm pretty sure it started here in syndication in 1998.
                                      Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                        • 8 years 8 months ago
                                        • Posts: 74809
                                        SSJ Jup81 wrote:
                                        I wasn't talking about Pokemon. I was talking about Doraemon and how I think that's been around since the 60s or 70s, and wonder if Pokemon is doomed to last that long in terms of length, just as Doraemon. You didn't read my entire post.


                                        Your right, I did misread that post. Sorry.

                                        SSJ Jup81 wrote:
                                        That aside, there's way too big a gap for Pokemon's show to have started in both the US and Japan in the same year, and you must remember, the show was yanked off for a good few months as well in Japan (after Electric Soldier Porygon's ep), and we're still considerably behind them. It started in Japan in 1997, I'm pretty sure it started here in syndication in 1998.


                                        Yeah your right, it did start in Japan in '97 and the US in '98, BUT the show actually did come out a little bit before the games did.
                                        Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                          • 8 years 8 months ago
                                          • Posts: 809
                                          pocket monsters anime started April 1st 1997
                                          nWo 4-Life!


                                          Resident Pokemon Advisor :)
                                          Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                          Search