• 9 years 26 days ago
    • Posts: 253
    Does anyone have a copy of Song Of The South..With Uncle Remus..Brer Bear..Brer Fox..And Brer Rabbit??
    Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
      • 9 years 26 days ago
      • Posts: 74809
      I don't have it but supposedly legit copies can be found on Ebay

      Supposed to be very controversial and completely un-P.C.

      Truthfully though, I think in a day and age where shows like Fear factor,
      South Park, and Mind of Mencia, shows all featuring um,....objectional material, are tops in the rating and shown on basic cable I think were can handle a Disney flick from the f#$%ing 40's
      Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
        • 9 years 25 days ago
        • Posts: 253
        Yeah...Disney won't release that movie from their vault...It has too many things that may offend certain people...Like the tarbaby...That might offend black people..HOW STUPID!! :P
        Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
          • 9 years 25 days ago
          • Posts: 74809
          My mom has a copy of Song of the South (which I think might be bootleg, but anyways), and it's a perfectly fine movie. It's no less politically correct than Gone with the Wind, which is considered a classic. Disney is just too scared that they might offend ANYONE to release it officially again. Which is a real shame.
          Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
            • 9 years 25 days ago
            • Posts: 2347
            That's the movie w/ Zipa dee doo da right?????????????????
            Narrator: Man lives in the sunlit world of what he believes to be reality. But... there is, unseen by most, an underworld, a place that is just as real, but not as brightly lit... a Darkside :twisted:
            Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
              • 9 years 25 days ago
              • Posts: 253
              Iloveth80sfan911 wrote:
              That's the movie w/ Zipa dee doo da right?????????????????


              Yep
              Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                • 9 years 25 days ago
                • Posts: 2347
                Barth wrote:
                Iloveth80sfan911 wrote:
                That's the movie w/ Zipa dee doo da right?????????????????


                Yep


                Thought so. Thanks.
                Narrator: Man lives in the sunlit world of what he believes to be reality. But... there is, unseen by most, an underworld, a place that is just as real, but not as brightly lit... a Darkside :twisted:
                Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                  • 9 years 25 days ago
                  • Posts: 74809
                  my mom has it-we had to track it down on e-bay. i think you can still buy it in canada, but not here.
                  Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                    • 9 years 23 days ago
                    • Posts: 31
                    I have it on a non-official dvd. PM me if you would like a copy. I trade for other non-official or non-commercially released dvds.
                    Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                      • 9 years 3 days ago
                      • Posts: 742
                      I've never seen that movie before, but I've heard the song "Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah".
                      Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                        • 8 years 11 months ago
                        • Posts: 74809
                        i have it on dvd- u can get it in any shop over here- its on the telly every christmas. disney released it in europe and its been round for years- guess we're more openminded than ye and we can see things in the innocent-disney- light they were ment to be seen in.

                        yer way too into analysing the underlying message of everything over there and i guess if yer gonna be uptight about things ye have to pay the price- in this case YE CANT HAVE IT! MMMMMMMMMMMMMWWWWWWWWHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!!!! :twisted:
                        Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                          • 8 years 11 months ago
                          • Posts: 486
                          I have a bootleg I got off Amazon. Pretty good quality. I dont see what the big deal about the movie is. I think its cute as heck. If Disney should ban anything its that junk they show on the Disney Channel.
                          Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                            • 8 years 11 months ago
                            • Posts: 2347
                            TimCurryChick85 wrote:
                            I have a bootleg I got off Amazon. Pretty good quality. I dont see what the big deal about the movie is. I think its cute as heck. If Disney should ban anything its that junk they show on the Disney Channel.



                            I second that.
                            Narrator: Man lives in the sunlit world of what he believes to be reality. But... there is, unseen by most, an underworld, a place that is just as real, but not as brightly lit... a Darkside :twisted:
                            Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                              • 8 years 11 months ago
                              • Posts: 486
                              Plus sure its filled with black stereotypes, but so is Dumbo and they let that one out. I think they need to just have a disclaimer in front of it like, "This movie doesn't represent the views of Disney at this time and reflects the past" or something if thier really that uptight about it. I really think people would buy it. My friends and I watched it once and they loved it and they wanted a copy. Plus I think a lot of the older generation that saw it when it first came out or during its theatrical rerealeases would buy it. I think Disney's just loosing money by not releasing it. People are just buying bootlegs and the money goes to the sellers. That coulda be your money Disney Company!
                              Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                • 8 years 11 months ago
                                • Posts: 3359
                                Iloveth80sfan911 wrote:
                                TimCurryChick85 wrote:
                                I have a bootleg I got off Amazon. Pretty good quality. I dont see what the big deal about the movie is. I think its cute as heck. If Disney should ban anything its that junk they show on the Disney Channel.



                                I second that.


                                I third it!
                                "I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I'm not." -Kurt Cobain
                                Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                  • 8 years 11 months ago
                                  • Posts: 486
                                  I could write an article on why this movie needs to come to DVD. Maybe during winter break I will just to get my feelings out...
                                  Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                    • 8 years 11 months ago
                                    • Posts: 2347
                                    TimCurryChick85 wrote:
                                    I could write an article on why this movie needs to come to DVD. Maybe during winter break I will just to get my feelings out...


                                    Can't wait to read it.
                                    Narrator: Man lives in the sunlit world of what he believes to be reality. But... there is, unseen by most, an underworld, a place that is just as real, but not as brightly lit... a Darkside :twisted:
                                    Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                      • 8 years 11 months ago
                                      • Posts: 486
                                      Song of the South should be rereleased on DVD because:

                                      1) It teaches tolerance and acceptance (Johnny is friends with Uncle Remus and that slave boy whose name I forgot regardless of thier skin color)
                                      2) Disney wanted his movies rereleased every 10 years to that every generation could see them. So song of the south should come out for that reason alone
                                      3) The whole "its stereotypical" but aren't the crows in Dumbo also stereotypical?
                                      4) "Everybody's Got a Laughing Place" can't see the light of day but its ok to keep "What makes the red man red" in Peter Pan?

                                      I have more...but im too tired to write more OR try and turn it into an essay
                                      Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                        • 8 years 10 months ago
                                        • Posts: 38
                                        i have an old copy of it on tape. my dad used to run a video store. i watch it from time to time, but it has i think japanese subtitles for the songs.
                                        "...And if a tear should fall from my eyes, just think of all the wounds they could mend..."

                                        "No, it's a fusion of jazz and funk; it's called junk!"
                                        Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                          • 8 years 10 months ago
                                          • Posts: 38
                                          TimCurryChick85 wrote:
                                          Song of the South should be rereleased on DVD because:

                                          1) It teaches tolerance and acceptance (Johnny is friends with Uncle Remus and that slave boy whose name I forgot regardless of thier skin color)
                                          2) Disney wanted his movies rereleased every 10 years to that every generation could see them. So song of the south should come out for that reason alone
                                          3) The whole "its stereotypical" but aren't the crows in Dumbo also stereotypical?
                                          4) "Everybody's Got a Laughing Place" can't see the light of day but its ok to keep "What makes the red man red" in Peter Pan?

                                          I have more...but im too tired to write more OR try and turn it into an essay


                                          yeah you're right about all that. now i understand why disney rereleased snow white every decade! i don't think the movie really stereotypical but i agree wholeheartedly with "what makes the red man red". they should cut that out of peter pan so the kids of today shouldn't see the ignorance of the 1950's. i mean they cut out the whole part with the 2 feuding families in make mine music (or was it melody time?)
                                          "...And if a tear should fall from my eyes, just think of all the wounds they could mend..."

                                          "No, it's a fusion of jazz and funk; it's called junk!"
                                          Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                          Search