• 7 years 4 months ago
    • Posts: 4312
    • Account Disabled
    This is for Reggie:

    This is a thread to talk about the super-awesome Eugene Hutz.







    "The musical possibilities are fucking endless. We have no time for revivals. We have no time for softcore. There is only time for hardcore."

    "I don't read the Bible, I don't trust disciples."
    Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
      • 7 years 4 months ago
      • Posts: 2608
      • Account Disabled
      He's the fucking man.

      "Think locally, fuck globally".
      Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
      • avatar
        • 7 years 4 months ago
        • Posts: 1619
        He sends the whole world askew!
        BLUE
        Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
          • 7 years 4 months ago
          • Posts: 4312
          • Account Disabled
          Gogol Bordello is one of my new favorites. I'm rather fond of the song Not a Crime
          "DROP THE CHARGES!!"
          Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
          • avatar
            • 7 years 4 months ago
            • Posts: 51
            • Globally Banned
            I think Gogol Bordello moved into the top slot of my "most favoritist bands" list. There is something unbelievably moving about them.

            Its basically witnessing a group of people at the top of their game... where the whole is greater than the sum of their parts.

            Its something special.
            Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
            • avatar
              • 7 years 4 months ago
              • Posts: 2212
              I am extremely envious of that guy's mustache.
              Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
              • avatar
                • 7 years 3 months ago
                • Posts: 481
                He is recently being featured on BoingBoing! Personally I don't see how anyone who openly admits to liking limp bizkit can know shit about music.

                http://www.boingboing.net/2008/04/05/gogol-bordellos-punk.html
                Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                  • 7 years 3 months ago
                  • Posts: 74809
                  Seeing how Eugene is the patron saint of something or other. He deserves a sticky.
                  Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                    • 7 years 3 months ago
                    • Posts: 74809
                    auntiecoagulant wrote:
                    He is recently being featured on BoingBoing! Personally I don't see how anyone who openly admits to liking limp bizkit can know shit about music.

                    http://www.boingboing.net/2008/04/05/gogol-bordellos-punk.html


                    well, i don't see anyone who listens to moronic punk bands like gayol bordallo to know about music. dont be jealous cuz nu metal ownz all that shitty crap u like.
                    Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                    • avatar
                      • 7 years 3 months ago
                      • Posts: 598
                      Nu_Metal_Ownz wrote:
                      auntiecoagulant wrote:
                      He is recently being featured on BoingBoing! Personally I don't see how anyone who openly admits to liking limp bizkit can know shit about music.

                      http://www.boingboing.net/2008/04/05/gogol-bordellos-punk.html


                      well, i don't see anyone who listens to moronic punk bands like gayol bordallo to know about music. dont be jealous cuz nu metal ownz all that shitty crap u like.


                      Serious question:

                      What do you know about music? I mean, the way you talk, you must play an instrument or something.

                      I guess my Class 9 level guitar, working at Kerrang! and 20+ years in journalism and fanzines doesn't really compare to your knowledge.

                      I bow to your superior knowledge.

                      Which instrument is it you play>?
                      Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                      • avatar
                        • 7 years 3 months ago
                        • Posts: 598
                        Nu_Metal_Ownz wrote:
                        i play geetar


                        You play it well?

                        Or do you just cover Korn songs?
                        Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                        • avatar
                          • 7 years 3 months ago
                          • Posts: 598
                          Nu_Metal_Ownz wrote:
                          Horny_Toad wrote:
                          Nu_Metal_Ownz wrote:
                          i play geetar


                          You play it well?

                          Or do you just cover Korn songs?


                          i kick ass at geetar


                          Really? That's good to hear. Could you put some clips on Youtube for us? That would be cool.

                          What guitar do you have? And what head do you work from?
                          Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                          • avatar
                            • 7 years 3 months ago
                            • Posts: 598
                            Horny_Toad wrote:
                            Nu_Metal_Ownz wrote:
                            Horny_Toad wrote:
                            Nu_Metal_Ownz wrote:
                            i play geetar


                            You play it well?

                            Or do you just cover Korn songs?


                            i kick ass at geetar


                            Really? That's good to hear. Could you put some clips on Youtube for us? That would be cool.

                            What guitar do you have? And what head do you work from?


                            Your silence is deafening, NMO. Are you sure you wouldn't like to tell me more about your guitar skills?
                            Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                            • avatar
                              • 7 years 3 months ago
                              • Posts: 598
                              Nu_Metal_Ownz wrote:
                              i have a fender geetar from 2003


                              What about your cabs, heads and backline?
                              Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                • 7 years 3 months ago
                                • Posts: 2608
                                • Account Disabled
                                He doesn't play the guitar. He's just a retard.
                                Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                  • 7 years 3 months ago
                                  • Posts: 4312
                                  • Account Disabled
                                  DebrisStorm wrote:
                                  Seeing how Eugene is the patron saint of something or other. He deserves a sticky.


                                  ...nah...
                                  Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                    • 7 years 3 months ago
                                    • Posts: 74809
                                    MattNash wrote:
                                    DebrisStorm wrote:
                                    Seeing how Eugene is the patron saint of something or other. He deserves a sticky.


                                    ...nah...


                                    Damn your eyes.
                                    Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                    • avatar
                                      • 7 years 3 months ago
                                      • Posts: 481
                                      Horny_Toad wrote:
                                      Nu_Metal_Ownz wrote:
                                      auntiecoagulant wrote:
                                      He is recently being featured on BoingBoing! Personally I don't see how anyone who openly admits to liking limp bizkit can know shit about music.

                                      http://www.boingboing.net/2008/04/05/gogol-bordellos-punk.html


                                      well, i don't see anyone who listens to moronic punk bands like gayol bordallo to know about music. dont be jealous cuz nu metal ownz all that shitty crap u like.


                                      Serious question:

                                      What do you know about music? I mean, the way you talk, you must play an instrument or something.

                                      I guess my Class 9 level guitar, working at Kerrang! and 20+ years in journalism and fanzines doesn't really compare to your knowledge.

                                      I bow to your superior knowledge.

                                      Which instrument is it you play>?


                                      I play the piano. I've been playing since grammar school and just because you write for fanzines doesn't make you any more an expert than me. ANYONE can write for a fanzine. You also seem rather stuck in a very limited, very specific genre where is I am not. My musical tastes are all over the spectrum. Limp Bizkit sucks and I don't feel I need to produce any sort of credentials to back up an OPINION. I have just as much right to be a snotty asshole as you have, fanzines or not. Writing your opinions in published form does not make me have any more or any less respect, I mean, there are professional writers and critics that write good stuff about Britney Spears for shit's sake. So that is a wasted point on me pal.
                                      Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                      • avatar
                                        • 7 years 3 months ago
                                        • Posts: 598
                                        auntiecoagulant wrote:
                                        Horny_Toad wrote:
                                        Nu_Metal_Ownz wrote:
                                        auntiecoagulant wrote:
                                        He is recently being featured on BoingBoing! Personally I don't see how anyone who openly admits to liking limp bizkit can know shit about music.

                                        http://www.boingboing.net/2008/04/05/gogol-bordellos-punk.html


                                        well, i don't see anyone who listens to moronic punk bands like gayol bordallo to know about music. dont be jealous cuz nu metal ownz all that shitty crap u like.


                                        Serious question:

                                        What do you know about music? I mean, the way you talk, you must play an instrument or something.

                                        I guess my Class 9 level guitar, working at Kerrang! and 20+ years in journalism and fanzines doesn't really compare to your knowledge.

                                        I bow to your superior knowledge.

                                        Which instrument is it you play>?


                                        I play the piano. I've been playing since grammar school and just because you write for fanzines doesn't make you any more an expert than me. ANYONE can write for a fanzine. You also seem rather stuck in a very limited, very specific genre where is I am not. My musical tastes are all over the spectrum. Limp Bizkit sucks and I don't feel I need to produce any sort of credentials to back up an OPINION. I have just as much right to be a snotty asshole as you have, fanzines or not. Writing your opinions in published form does not make me have any more or any less respect, I mean, there are professional writers and critics that write good stuff about Britney Spears for shit's sake. So that is a wasted point on me pal.


                                        Fanzines were merely a step upwards.

                                        But would you not agree that having the opportunity to listen to literally hundreds upon hundreds of various genres of music broadens ones vision of what music has to offer?

                                        In much the same way that eating nothing but pasta, but then passing judgement upon pizza?

                                        Would you respect Gordon Ramsey's judgement on food? Or Fat Bob from Bob's Diner?
                                        Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                          • 7 years 3 months ago
                                          • Posts: 70
                                          • Globally Banned
                                          I think Mr Horny makes a good point.
                                          Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                                          Search