• 6 years 2 months ago
    • Posts: 282
    • Globally Banned
    Where can I get a Camcorder with Time-Base Corrector? I'm having a hard time looking for one.
    Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
      • 6 years 2 months ago
      • Posts: 441
      the90sruled wrote:
      Where can I get a Camcorder with Time-Base Corrector? I'm having a hard time looking for one.


      Pretty much any modern camcorder has a built in TBC. But if you want to do the pass-through trick I use, you'll need an older model. Best bet is to try ebay for those. Otherwise, just get a cheap mini-DV camcorder and copy your stuff to mini-DV first, then transfer to your computer from the mini-DV tape. Same end result and quality, it just adds an extra step to the process.
      My website: Zaranyzerak

      Me on YouTube - DVD and Video Game reviews, Rants, Raves, and random bouts of creativity.
      Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
        • 6 years 1 month ago
        • Posts: 282
        • Globally Banned
        sm2000 wrote:
        the90sruled wrote:
        Where can I get a Camcorder with Time-Base Corrector? I'm having a hard time looking for one.


        Pretty much any modern camcorder has a built in TBC. But if you want to do the pass-through trick I use, you'll need an older model. Best bet is to try ebay for those. Otherwise, just get a cheap mini-DV camcorder and copy your stuff to mini-DV first, then transfer to your computer from the mini-DV tape. Same end result and quality, it just adds an extra step to the process.


        Can you do the pass-through trick by connecting the VCR to the TBC camcorder to the capture card?
        Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
          • 6 years 1 month ago
          • Posts: 441
          the90sruled wrote:
          sm2000 wrote:
          the90sruled wrote:
          Where can I get a Camcorder with Time-Base Corrector? I'm having a hard time looking for one.


          Pretty much any modern camcorder has a built in TBC. But if you want to do the pass-through trick I use, you'll need an older model. Best bet is to try ebay for those. Otherwise, just get a cheap mini-DV camcorder and copy your stuff to mini-DV first, then transfer to your computer from the mini-DV tape. Same end result and quality, it just adds an extra step to the process.


          Can you do the pass-through trick by connecting the VCR to the TBC camcorder to the capture card?


          I suppose so, but as I said you'll get the best results if you take the capture card out of the mix and just use a Firewire cable.
          My website: Zaranyzerak

          Me on YouTube - DVD and Video Game reviews, Rants, Raves, and random bouts of creativity.
          Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
            • 6 years 1 month ago
            • Posts: 282
            • Globally Banned
            How do you turn on & use a digital time-base correntor(TBC) in a camcorder?
            Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
              • 6 years 1 month ago
              • Posts: 441
              the90sruled wrote:
              How do you turn on & use a digital time-base correntor(TBC) in a camcorder?


              If you go into the onscreen menus, it should be one of the options. It's usually turned on by default.
              My website: Zaranyzerak

              Me on YouTube - DVD and Video Game reviews, Rants, Raves, and random bouts of creativity.
              Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                • 5 years 8 months ago
                • Posts: 282
                • Globally Banned
                Would you recommend this TBC for those who wish to do VHS to DVD converting & get the best quality possible:

                http://cgi.ebay.com/JVC-DIGITAL-SIGNAL-PROCESSING-SVHS-C-Camcorder_W0QQitemZ250074412408QQcmdZViewItem
                Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                  • 5 years 7 months ago
                  • Posts: 15
                  Is there anyway to improve a multi-generation tape that has staticky picture and glowing colors?
                  Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                    • 5 years 7 months ago
                    • Posts: 441
                    Dane wrote:
                    Is there anyway to improve a multi-generation tape that has staticky picture and glowing colors?


                    Running it through time-base correction will lock down and re-stabilize the picture, but color information and definition that has been lost from generation loss can't be recovered. Once it's gone, it's gone for good. You might be able to fix some of the more glaring color errors by running it through a color correction filter in your editing program, which should help reduce the bleeding a bit.
                    My website: Zaranyzerak

                    Me on YouTube - DVD and Video Game reviews, Rants, Raves, and random bouts of creativity.
                    Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                      • 4 years 10 months ago
                      • Posts: 8
                      Id like to add that if you have a complete series of a rare cartoon, tv program, etc. Dont try cramming over 5 episodes to a single DVD, otherwise it gets all blocky looking and real shitty.
                      Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                        • 4 years 9 months ago
                        • Posts: 15
                        Will a time base corrector make the ficture look less fuzzy?
                        Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                          • 4 years 2 months ago
                          • Posts: 212
                          I use a newer early 2000s VCR with good RCA cables and a video capture card. The newer VCRs are really good at stabilizing picture, tracking, etc is all automatic. Sometimes depending on the tape, I will touch up the brightness/contrast on the computer. You can even have the computer enhance video quality (sort of blends, makes any static disappear) I record to MPEG (Dvd Quality), they come out really nice, even SLP videos (which if you were cheap, you probably recorded in that to get 6hrs vs 2 on SP)
                          Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                            • 4 years 2 months ago
                            • Posts: 253
                            OK, so what's the best program (mac or PC) to use for cutting commercials out of shows on the computer. I've got a bunch of old shows with commercials, and I want to take out just the commercials so I can save them (and upload a bunch to Retrojunk too).
                            "You're not dying, you just can't think of anything good to do."
                            - Ferris Bueller
                            Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                              • 1 year 2 months ago
                              • Posts: 1
                              Thank you so much for posting this!! We just moved and are converting all our old VHS to DVD and have been looking for an in-depth tutorial, so this comes at a perfect time. Great info! Will also check out your YouTube channel!

                              Melinda
                              youtube.com/retroblasting
                              Are you sure you want to delete this post? Yes | No
                              Search